Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller

Another thing that kills me about JD Drew is how slow it takes him to come back from injuries. I was in Baghdad, Iraq with two blown discs in my back and a completely blown shoulder that ended up requiring 5 surgeries when I came home in 2004. I stayed on the line serbving my 13 month tour of duty. JD Drew has been out since early July and now he hurt his finger. So glad I was not depending on him in Baghdad, Iraq.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Red Sox Star of the game: Tim Wakefield
    Red sox Bum of the game: Co-winners Jed Lugo and Homerun Miller
    My only question after this embarrassing loss? Why isn't Iglesias playing SS? He makes both of the plays that Jed Lugo dove for and maybe just maybe Miller sucks it up and finds his groove.....We are entering the time of the year when Good pitching and even steadier defense are more important,that's if you expect to big playing in late October.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller:
    [QUOTE]Another thing that kills me about JD Drew is how slow it takes him to come back from injuries. I was in Baghdad, Iraq with two blown discs in my back and a completely blown shoulder that ended up requiring 5 surgeries when I came home in 2004. I stayed on the line serbving my 13 month tour of duty. JD Drew has been out since early July and now he hurt his finger. So glad I was not depending on him in Baghdad, Iraq.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

He is infuriating!  :(   He simply doesn't deserve to come back & jump on the WS bandwagon at this point!  Even though we could probably use him??????

p.s.   THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : greatestNYY, You're obviously a real class act! Perhaps you're not acquainted with self deprecating humor in the NY projects.  You see....  When one goes out of their way to ignore your ignorant & bigoted slights... It's customary to do likewise & not be an absolute Pr!cK! :)   Here's a thought????   Why not get a life???  This is not 5th grade anymore.  It's clear you got quite comfortable in that forum, especially after repeating it for the 3rd time.  Happy to bury the hatchet, but my guess is that you lack the social graces nec. to acquiesce & agree to said Detente??? I know you're lost, so do yourself a favor.... Look up Henry Kiss inger, detente, .........  then kiss my proud Irish Catholic arrrrs! Just a guess???    :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

"This is not 5th grade anymore."

Four King hilarious!  Oh the four king irony!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

then kiss my proud Irish Catholic arrrrs!

Spoken like a true 5th grade delinquent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox Star of the game: Tim Wakefield Red sox Bum of the game: Co-winners Jed Lugo and Homerun Miller My only question after this embarrassing loss? Why isn't Iglesias playing SS? He makes both of the plays that Jed Lugo dove for and maybe just maybe Miller sucks it up and finds his groove.....We are entering the time of the year when Good pitching and even steadier defense are more important,that's if you expect to big playing in late October.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

have to agree with you about giving iglesias a shot. neither of our current "shortstops" have the range or arm strength to effectively play the position. jed lowries is a terrible fielder and has no range at all. how many errors does he have to make before the theo, terry and co realize he cant play short. and on top of his lack of fielding ability he has apparently lost his hitting ability as well. scutaro is not much better. he range is almost as bad as jeds and his arm is just as weak. we have nothing to lose by calling up iglesias and letting him start. he may not get many hits but he will play top notch defense and prevent runs which is just as valuable. and ya i think its time for andrew miller to take a seat on the bench. but i do not believe wakefield is the answer either. i would give duobront the 5 spot for now or maybe even kyle weiland. see what the young guys can do. it has become pretty evident that neither miller or wakefield belongs in the rotation. and i just wanted to thank mr.epstein for not getting any bullpen help at the deadline. because clearly that is working out well for us. albers had another terrible outing tonight and has allowed 18 runs in his last 8 innings pitched. yes thats right 18 runs in 8 innings. jenks is still on the DL and will not be back anytime soon, aceves has been good but has had some rough outings lately, morales is hit or miss but unfortunately has been more miss than hit. you cannot rely on a bullpen that only has 2 reliable pitchers in it. (unfortunately one of which wasnt so reliable the other night). texas manage to pick up mike adams(who theo should have made a much greater effor to land), koji uhera, and mike gonzalez while theo failed to add 1 reliever. (oh wait he signed trevor miller to a minor league deal lol). but i mean hey when you have guys like bowden, atchison, hottovy, and albers in the pen at one time or another who needs to make trades for more pen help. adding a guy like mike adams could have made a huge difference to this team. the pen has been taxed hard this year due to the lack of quality pitching efforts by our starters and could have really used a quality late innings guy to help stabilize it. jenks was supposed to be that guy but continues to spend time on the DL and will continue to do so unless he actually gets in decent shape. mike adams made all the sense in the world for the sox and yet theo makes no effor to land him. not only that he passed on guys like uhera and mike gonzalez as well.(both would not have cost much) and on top of that the only addition he makes to the bench is connor jackson who is ok but is not going to have much impact on this team. we do not have 1 quality pinch hitter on this team. theo failed to fill 2 of the teams biggest needs at the deadline and as a result it will hurt the sox down the stretch. this past trade deadline was another example as to how bad a gm theo epstein really is. other gm's realize they have holes that need to be filled and go out and get the guy's needed to fill them. theo on the other hand sits back and thinks about what who he can call up from the minors. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : if buckholtz and dice k hadnt gone done, we'd probably have a substancial lead in the AL east. if we make the playoffs and it all straightens out, we'll be fine. if its the wild card, so be it. lose the battle to win the war
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

j-bay,

dice k has been useless for quite awhile now and would have made little difference. if we still had dice chances are we would have 4 starters with era's over 5 instead of 3. buchholz would have helped no doubt. but it serves the sox right for putting too much faith in a guy who has been anything but reliable up until this point is his career. 1 of the key things a championship caliber team needs to have is 3 reliable quality starters. we have 2 in beckett and lester. buchholz is not a number 3 starter. he is a number 4 starter at this point in his career. could he a 1-3 starter at some point? yes. but as of right now he is not. its not because he does not have the stuff to be a top of the rotation starter, its that he is not reliable enough to be one. john lackey is a big reason why the sox lack a number 3 starter as well. he was signed to fill that role but has been pitched like a number 5 starter at best this year. had theo passed on lackey and signed cliff lee instead, chances are we would not be having this discussion right now. look at the phillies(who will win the world series this year), they have halladay, lee, oswalt, and hamels. they also have a really good offensive team as and well which got even better due to the fact that they picked up hunter pence at the deadline who in 29 games for the phill's has put up a .330 avg 7 homers and 17 rbi. (good thing theo passed on him too, considering the great options the sox have in right field). theo should start taking notes from ruben amauro jr on how to properly construct a world series quality team and who knows, maybe theo would be responible for handing out 2 of the worst contracts in major league baseball. (crawford and lackey)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't think we need 5 starters with only 24 games left! Cut it down to Beckett,Lester,Shalackey and Bedard and if you think they need a breather take three guys from the pen and let 'em each pitch 3 innings. As for the pen Albers is done,Morales scares me to death,and if I didn't know better I would have sworn Aceves threw his last appearence to help his old club! Bowden looked pretty good last night but Albers was terrible again..Wheeler is OK but we don't know what he will gives us in the pinch. I think they should bring up Fox he's having a great year in AAA and maybe Tazawa,and from the left side Trevor Miller should be ready by Monday. Oh and while they are loading up the bus make sure Lavarnway and Iglesias are on it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from **The<>Babe**. Show **The<>Babe**'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : mods deleting them i guess. they dont moderate it and why it's the the way it is, then they don't let you criticize them for it. or they're being reported, but babe can post all day

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

That's rich coming from you. You wanted people of an opposing fan base dead. Real classy there jbay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from **The<>Babe**. Show **The<>Babe**'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : gale,  if anyone has something to say, have the balls to say it as yourself. the aliases are BS and weak. the fans of one team who pretend to be another is pathetic and posting at its worst

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

You are starting to sound like pike......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think we need 5 starters with only 24 games left! Cut it down to Beckett,Lester,Shalackey and Bedard and if you think they need a breather take three guys from the pen and let 'em each pitch 3 innings. As for the pen Albers is done,Morales scares me to death,and if I didn't know better I would have sworn Aceves threw his last appearence to help his old club! Bowden looked pretty good last night but Albers was terrible again..Wheeler is OK but we don't know what he will gives us in the pinch. I think they should bring up Fox he's having a great year in AAA and maybe Tazawa,and from the left side Trevor Miller should be ready by Monday. Oh and while they are loading up the bus make sure Lavarnway and Iglesias are on it.

That must be it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It's the umpire's fault they lost 10-0.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cain-Reaction. Show Cain-Reaction's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : j-bay, dice k has been useless for quite awhile now and would have made little difference. if we still had dice chances are we would have 4 starters with era's over 5 instead of 3. buchholz would have helped no doubt. but it serves the sox right for putting too much faith in a guy who has been anything but reliable up until this point is his career. 1 of the key things a championship caliber team needs to have is 3 reliable quality starters. we have 2 in beckett and lester. buchholz is not a number 3 starter. he is a number 4 starter at this point in his career. could he a 1-3 starter at some point? yes. but as of right now he is not. its not because he does not have the stuff to be a top of the rotation starter, its that he is not reliable enough to be one. john lackey is a big reason why the sox lack a number 3 starter as well. he was signed to fill that role but has been pitched like a number 5 starter at best this year. had theo passed on lackey and signed cliff lee instead, chances are we would not be having this discussion right now. look at the phillies(who will win the world series this year), they have halladay, lee, oswalt, and hamels. they also have a really good offensive team as and well which got even better due to the fact that they picked up hunter pence at the deadline who in 29 games for the phill's has put up a .330 avg 7 homers and 17 rbi. (good thing theo passed on him too, considering the great options the sox have in right field). theo should start taking notes from ruben amauro jr on how to properly construct a world series quality team and who knows, maybe theo would be responible for handing out 2 of the worst contracts in major league baseball. (crawford and lackey)
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

A little premature to be handing the Philles the World Series isn't it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm about as anti-Iglesias as anyone can be, but think it's possible he could get a shot this month.  I am "anti" only in the sense that I don't think he is ready, and I think that only because the front office is keeping him in Pawtucket for a reason.  You know they want to use him at some point because they are paying him $10M.  Also, his Pawtucket OPS is .541, lower than any Boston player Cameron and lower by 100 points.  He is 21 and needs time to develop. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : A little premature to be handing the Philles the World Series isn't it?
    Posted by Cain-Reaction[/QUOTE]

Maybe he knows the Yankees paid the umpires to throw it that way should it be Phillies-RS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm about as anti-Iglesias as anyone can be, but think it's possible he could get a shot this month.  I am "anti" only in the sense that I don't think he is ready, and I think that only because the front office is keeping him in Pawtucket for a reason.  You know they want to use him at some point because they are paying him $10M.  Also, his Pawtucket OPS is .541, lower than any Boston player Cameron and lower by 100 points.  He is 21 and needs time to develop. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE] Just for a point of reference Ozzie Smith couldn't hit his backside with a broom either when he first came up but his glove was golden! Sometimes it's not what you at the plate that matters,this kid is gifted defensively why waste his talent in Pawtucket? Because he can't hit MLB pitching? He can't hit AAA pitching either but he's still a star because he can field the beejesus out off the ball. You molly coddle pitchers, fielders are a different breed.. Just my opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from <->TheBabe<->. Show <->TheBabe<->'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : Just for a point of reference Ozzie Smith couldn't hit his backside with a broom either when he first came up but his glove was golden! Sometimes it's not what you at the plate that matters,this kid is gifted defensively why waste his talent in Pawtucket? Because he can't hit MLB pitching? He can't hit AAA pitching either but he's still a star because he can field the beejesus out off the ball. You molly coddle pitchers, fielders are a different breed.. Just my opinion.

That was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

The days of the .240 hittting no power SS are long gone.