Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

Well, I know some of you are going to spin this like : We are only one back, lot of games left, started 2-10 , have beaten N.Y. 8 0f 10 , blah, blah , blah, this , that and the other thing.  Sorry, this is very disappointing. We have blown a nice lead and let N.Y. take over first place.  There is no way you can be satisfied with that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

How many runs does this Red Sox offense average this homestand? Anyone know?

Like last night, tough loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

wow that ump really needs to get his eyes checked. The 3rd strike called on salty was not even close. Like it was not even a border line call, the ball was a god 4-5 inches off the plate. And the one called on reddick was closer but was still a ball. But seriously why the f**k was crawford not running when salty was up? Martin is terrible at throwing out baserunners and rivera is not very quick to the plate. 2nd place and dropping, meanwhile the yankees have one 8 in a row. Anyone else wishing theo did more at the deadline? I do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]Well, I know some of you are going to spin this like : We are only one back, lot of games left, started 2-10 , have beaten N.Y. 8 0f 10 , blah, blah , blah, this , that and the other thing.  Sorry, this is very disappointing. We have blown a nice lead and let N.Y. take over first place.  There is no way you can be satisfied with that.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

start watching the angels. flop sox will be lucky to make the playoffs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Yup, the Umpires are responsible for this tough loss.

Darn you umpires for making us lose again tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]S'alright, Lackey is DUE tomorrow, and then Beckett will slam the door. Can take 2 of 3 and first place back.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

Back to the Bar Jim, Lackey is due for What tomorrow?  I see a late Sat. Afternoon beatdown by the Best  Sports Franchise in the history of the World.  9-3 Yankees.  Sleep it off pal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]phew. Well, that's as many wins as I thought we'd get this weekend so it's all gravy from here. good game all around.
    Posted by 42nyc[/QUOTE]

haha good game? I dont know about you but i dont consider games that are won on blown calls by the umpire to be good games. But nice try. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]wow that ump really needs to get his eyes checked. The 3rd strike called on salty was not even close. Like it was not even a border line call, the ball was a god 4-5 inches off the plate. And the one called on reddick was closer but was still a ball. But seriously why the f**k was crawford not running when salty was up? Martin is terrible at throwing out baserunners and rivera is not very quick to the plate. 2nd place and dropping, meanwhile the yankees have one 8 in a row. Anyone else wishing theo did more at the deadline? I do.
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]
    It was outside, but you learn in Little League that when you have two strikes you swing at anything close. "Guard the plate."
    Don't know if Crawford had the green light or not, but obviously it wouldn't have mattered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]S'alright, Lackey is DUE tomorrow, and then Beckett will slam the door. Can take 2 of 3 and first place back.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

haha ya lackey is due to get hammer timed again. And dont forget, cc sabathia is on the mound for the yanks. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If it is any consolation, Jiminez gave up seven hits and five runs in five innings tonight.   Maybe good that we did not go for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I know some of you are going to spin this like : We are only one back, lot of games left, started 2-10 , have beaten N.Y. 8 0f 10 , blah, blah , blah, this , that and the other thing.  Sorry, this is very disappointing. We have blown a nice lead and let N.Y. take over first place.  There is no way you can be satisfied with that.

No spin here, I agree. My prediction? I didn't post it because I didn't want it to happen, but my thought today was that Lester would be so-so, and the offense would take the night off. That happened. My take on the next two games:
    Lackey not totally bad, and CC not as good as lately, but enough to win. Yankees 6-4. Sunday: Beckett good, Sox get to Garcia and win 6-2. What do I know? I hope the Sox win by a combined score of 22-1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Why isn't Carl Crawford running with Rivera paying no attention to him at first. He has got to get intoscoring position there. Francona is awful in closw games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Why isn't Carl Crawford running with Rivera paying no attention to him at first. He has got to get intoscoring position there. Francona is awful in closw games.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

We've all been asking that question AL, but I don't think it's on Tito. CC had the green light, he just didn't go, and when he did, the hitter foolishly fouled the ball off. This team has not taken full advantage of it's speed for most of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : Back to the Bar Jim, Lackey is due for What tomorrow?  I see a late Sat. Afternoon beatdown by the Best  Sports Franchise in the history of the World.  9-3 Yankees.  Sleep it off pal.
    Posted by WC5842[/QUOTE]
    Nothing to sleep off, son. And I believe proportionately speaking, championships to seasons, either the Celtics or Les Canadiens are best franchises historically.
    Wasn't it the Yank-mes who were first team EVER to lose a series after 3-0 lead ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

How many runs have the Red Sox averaged per game this homestand?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

C'mon guys. To say that Sabathia is due for a bad game , and Lackey is due for a good one sounds like wishful thinking. I am sure that you know better.  All the odds favor the Yankees tomorrow.   Trying too hard to put a positive spin on things.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : over 1 game with 50 to go?? do you watch baseball??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I don't think the WC is in danger, but the division could possibly be, and that's a big deal because you don't play at home. I don't think this team will win 100, forget that. Might still win the East, not sure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : It was outside, but you learn in Little League that when you have two strikes you swing at anything close. "Guard the plate." Don't know if Crawford had the green light or not, but obviously it wouldn't have mattered.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

oh ya no doubt you should swing at anything close, the problem is that the pitch called strike 3 on salty was not even close. It was way outside. It started out side and broke even further outside. The one on reddick maybe he should have swung to protect. But the fact of the matter is that the those were 2 easy pitches for the ump to see and make the correct call. He not only blew it once, but made the same mistake again. There is no excuse for such a poor level of officiating. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon guys. To say that Sabathia is due for a bad game , and Lackey is due for a good one sounds like wishful thinking. I am sure that you know better.  All the odds favor the Yankees tomorrow.   Trying too hard to put a positive spin on things.

CC IS due for a bad outting, and if he was pitching against Beckett, I'd say it's almost a lock the Sox would win. Lackey is the key, if he can hold his own, we have a chance. That's just a good sized if.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : We've all been asking that question AL, but I don't think it's on Tito. CC had the green light, he just didn't go, and when he did, the hitter foolishly fouled the ball off. This team has not taken full advantage of it's speed for most of the season.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

What???? Why does CC have any choice or option...the manager needed to tell him to get his azz on 2nd base early in salty's count to have a couple of cracks to score the tying run....I cant believe what i didnt see in that last inning...abso sickening

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]How many runs have the Red Sox averaged per game this homestand?
    Posted by NHSOUTH[/QUOTE]

.00000015726 per game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

As it turned out, Crawford not running was not a factor. However, he absolutely has to be going there.  What it shows is that the Sox are playing cautiously. Afraid to be aggressive.  Not the way to go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Why isn't Carl Crawford running with Rivera paying no attention to him at first. He has got to get intoscoring position there. Francona is awful in closw games.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. He would have been left on second base instead of first when Salty and Reddick stood there with the bat on their shoulder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : Wierd thing is that seems to happen every time the Sox lose. It's amazing how many blind umps & bad calls there are in sox games. 
    Posted by 42nyc[/QUOTE]

ya know whats even wierder 42?....all the nyy fans that aren't here in forever all to come out of the woodwork when the yankees win...ever notice that??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

At least they are not quoting horoscopes here (yet) to bolster their hopes/dreams about games 2 and 3.

Lets face it - the Red Sox offense is entirely MIA and that results in Yankee wins - whether its Lester, Lackey, or Beckett. 

Gonzales cratering with bases loaded tells you all you need to know this weekend.