Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

Come on Josh, time to be a hero.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]Would someone tell me why Crawford is not running?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]ATLEASY AVOID THE DOUBLE PLAY. UMP STINKS, ALL NIGHT THATS A BALLL TO LEST BUT GIVES IT TO MARIANO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

That called 3rd strike was a reputation call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. Lots of people, like you, think Orsillo is great. 

I had to move for work and have had YES on my cable system for 5 years and got to see what a professional broadcast team does, in comparison to the Red Sox/NESN broadcast team in the post Sean McDonaugh era. 

What I found was that the Yankees broadcasters are far more professional than the NESN crew. They actually say what they think, not what team management wants them to say.

Dont take my world for it. See if tonight is described as a "tough loss." Its always a "tougn loss," just bad luck. No accountability. Ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Crawford needs to go - NOW!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

NOT GOOD JOSH.. NOT GOOD. NOT THE GUY U WANT TO BE DOWN 2 STIKES AGAINST

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Oh My F**kin God.  2 looking

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Those batters didnt even have a chance!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Come on guys, two strikes you swing at whatever is close!!! Auugghh!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WELL, WE NEEED BECKETT TO AVOID THE SEEEEEP

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

"That was a tough loss" - Don

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

oh wow, held by the fat man et al to only 2 runs..not good tito!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]Oh My F**kin God.  2 looking
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I think Tito put the stop sign up cause he didnt want the game to end on being thrown out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Of course you are entitled to your opinion. Lots of people, like you, think Orsillo is great.  I had to move for work and have had YES on my cable system for 5 years and got to see what a professional broadcast team does, in comparison to the Red Sox/NESN broadcast team in the post Sean McDonaugh era.  What I found was that the Yankees broadcasters are far more professional than the NESN crew. They actually say what they think, not what team management wants them to say. Dont take my world for it. See if tonight is described as a "tough loss." Its always a "tougn loss," just bad luck. No accountability. Ever.
    Posted by NHSOUTH[/QUOTE]
    i live in lower ct and have listened to the painful yes crew for years. actually, all the yankee fans i'm friends and work with, youre the only one ive ever heard say that. They think theyre awful. this is stupid. youre entitled to your opinion you like em great you got em. its the only positive thing ive ever heard you say.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Lunch Money taken !!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42nyc. Show 42nyc's posts

phew. Well, that's as many wins as I thought we'd get this weekend so it's all gravy from here. good game all around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why wasnt CC stealing on the first pitch to Salty??? geez give us at least 2 batters to get him home...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

A new level of incompintance. 7 pitches, they only run once, and the one time they DO go he gets a huge jump and the batter SWINGS AND FOULS IT OFF. Crawford should have been at second base within three pitches--to give two batters a chance to drive him in. I told you guys this Monday night and got hooted down. There is something wrong with this team, they are not the same as they were. Something in their attitude or approach or something has changed--I can't define it, but we're seeing the result. 4 games lost in the standings in 8 days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

S'alright,

Lackey is DUE tomorrow, and then Beckett will slam the door.
    Can take 2 of 3 and first place back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Well lets pray for a Lackey miracle tomorrow!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Rats, that really was annoying. Outhit them, kept the ball in the yard, but the walks killed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

good night, all ye of little faith.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]why wasnt CC stealing on the first pitch to Salty??? geez give us at least 2 batters to get him home...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    I agree, but given what transpired it wouldn't have mattered. Salty and Reddick stood there for strike 3.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]S'alright, Lackey is DUE tomorrow, and then Beckett will slam the door. Can take 2 of 3 and first place back.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

It's the only chance we have, and that's tenuous--especially tommorow. One thing is that CC is due for a loss.

Sections
Shortcuts