Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

Nice play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

Craw earning his $142M. Hopefully the dirty slide enough to get the Sox fired up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]Craw earning his $142M. Hopefully the dirty slide enough to get the Sox fired up.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I was hoping the same Exam.. they need something to light that fire.... I almost didnt recognize you... nice pic!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to watch this one on the YES network.  Kay, Singleton and Cone doing a nice job, so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

re. Bil Keane, family circus, aug 5th, @ fenway park..."we're wearin' WHITE socks Mommy!  Is that okay?"

NO!!!! and no spankeedex pinstripes either!!!

http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/familycircus/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]Nice play.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE] nice catch...what you love about guys like Crawford and Gardner..you can't teach speed...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

All-Reddick-does-is-hit!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : I was hoping the same Exam.. they need something to light that fire.... I almost didnt recognize you... nice pic!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Thx. west. I may pull the Lackey pics out when he pitches. That's the late, great "Biskitt" looking possesed and probably sending telepathic messages to bring meat of some kind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : nice catch...what you love about guys like Crawford and Gardner..you can't teach speed...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

why isn't gardner playing tonight jete??....not that i'm sorry not to see him in there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : Thx. west. I may pull the Lackey pics out when he pitches. That's the late, great "Biskitt" looking possesed and probably sending telepathic messages to bring meat of some kind.

I know what you mean, my Dane is always willing me to get him something!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

not to hammer Ortiz, i know Scutaro has a bit of footspeed on Ortiz, but that ball was hit a bit harder than Ortiz's and he beat it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Jake!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

SWEET

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ellsbury comes through again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This is ridiculous. When is somebody gonna light up Colon like we all know he deserves? Ellsbury, right on cue. Keeps hitting and hitting and hitting.....when's he gonna put one in the Monstah seats? Love to see it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]SWEET
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]man, he's crazy hot, been going to left and left center with authority this whole week..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]This is ridiculous. When is somebody gonna light up Colon like we all know he deserves? Ellsbury, right on cue. Keeps hitting and hitting and hitting.....when's he gonna put one in the Monstah seats? Love to see it.

Right? Why is this sow on the mound instead of up to his snout at Golden Corral?

Oh yea  I know why - medical voodoo...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]not to hammer Ortiz, i know Scutaro has a bit of footspeed on Ortiz, but that ball was hit a bit harder than Ortiz's and he beat it. 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that once or twice too jete. I wonder if Papi isn't so annoyed that he rolled over on one that he forgets to run full speed? Not saying it's on purpose, but it could be a knee jerk reaction. I've had to remind myself sometimes to run all out on occasion playing softball when I roll over on one and bounce it to second because I'm so ticked at myself. He is pretty slow though. LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : Right? Why is this sow on the mound instead of up to his snout at Golden Corral? Oh yea  I know why - medical voodoo...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about the same thing. I remember him in 08, and that was THREE years ago. He was nowhere near this now, did he grow younger in three years--much of which he was out of baseball? There's a dead monkey on the line somewhere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Tito, you're doing a joe torre here with your slugger in the 1-hole.  Move the muddy chicken and els in the 3-4 spots.  oh, and veryone, save your $, don't buy joe torre's book from 2008...there is nothing there that I haven't been telling everyone for the past generation about the spankee organization..nothing new.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

So far, no quarters yet for my daughter....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

whoo, that had some hop... seems Lester's gonna be stingy tonight, c'mon Bart, gotta toss a zero this inning..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What a weasel Swisher is.  He got that early single in part because on the previous pitch the ump called a ball on a strike well within the strike zone, making the count 2-1.  Swisher gets a single off the next pitch.

Next time up, first pitch is clearly a strike, and he discusses it with the umpire, who, I am thankful to note, stuck with the call despite Swisher's whining.  Without the umpire's help, Swisher strikes out. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dickipedia.org/images/Clemens-for-dickipedia.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php%3Ftitle%3DRoger_Clemens&h=306&w=240&sz=18&tbnid=XBGAO2HpU23vrM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=86&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpicture%2Bof%2Broger%2Bclemens%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=picture+of+roger+clemens&docid=cNOG7zdQ53QnGM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TIk8TvKgM_TIsQKY5P0J&sqi=2&ved=0CFwQ9QEwEA" class="bia">

You mean to tell me that joe torre didn't know that this guy was a roider????

Joe T ought to be thrown outta baseball, as should buck showalter

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

David Ortiz, I love you!!! Marry me!!!