Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

Bobby Cox is at home saying "that's just Andruw being Andruw!' :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

Not much negativity in here tonight and that is good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : i gotta admit, i was more upset at the Sox getting him than AG b/c to me if healthy, he was still a game-changer....i can't figure this one out...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

jete, i know what you mean.. Its strange that he seems to be getting worse

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

What was Andrew Jones thinking there, that ball wasnt sinking that fast!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

not what i would want being down 2, but i guess you take a shot, good play by Reddick to get to it..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]It seems like the Sox are more locked in and prepared during these matchups than the Yanks. 
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Steve, you back home or still in PITT??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

The other night I looked at this game thread and left like J-Bay did because of the negativity as he said later. I am in full agreement with him on that matter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]The other night I looked at this game thread and left like J-Bay did because of the negativity as he said later. I am in full agreement with him on that matter.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

I took the night off Wed. because of it, and didn't show up til after Ells' HR. It can be exhausting some nights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

you mean to tell me that bud selig didn't know  that aclod was a roider? 

Manny Ramirez and Alex Rodriguez
    Manny Ramirez and Alex

Manny  and Alex

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tito has to seriously consider moving Reddick up higher in the order. Drop Crawford down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : honestly, i dont think they're doing anything, nor do they care....buds good at turning a blind eye. castiglione said looks like colon found the fountain of youth at 38!!
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The investigation is ongoing, as this link below shows, and MLB is not going to worry nor be intimidated about what RS fans want to see from it neither regarding pace nor conclusions. And if it wasn't for the NYT (Yes, that same outfit that initially discussed the Ortiz PED case, and who are minority owners of the RS via the Henry acquisition); this story may still be a non-story, or may have materialized slower. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]The other night I looked at this game thread and left like J-Bay did because of the negativity as he said later. I am in full agreement with him on that matter.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

glad to hear it, PIKE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : The investigation is ongoing, as this link below shows, and MLB is not going to worry about what RS fans want to see from it neither regarding pace nor conclusions. And if it wasn't for the NYT (Yes, that same outfit that initially discussed the Ortiz PED case); this story may still be a non-story, or may have materialized slower.  http://www.setanchor.com/news/2011/jul/09/Zannos-Grekos-Bartolo-Colon-stem-cell-Yankees-MLB/?banner=1

I think thats bullsh*t steve. they're going to say and do what they have to, nothing more. whether its a story or not. selig didn't care about PEDS, he's not going to care about this. the last thing he needs is this to come to light, the statement will be they investigated it and couldnt determine anything improper ocurred.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : I think thats bullsh*t steve. they're going to say and do what they have to, nothing more. whether its a story or not. selig didn't care about PEDS, he's not going to care about this. the last thing he needs is this to come to light, the statement will be they investigated it and couldnt determine anything improper ocurred.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Especially if it involves NYY.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Pedey!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Pedey

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Key moment in the game, right here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Colon heads back to the clubhouse to get on his laptop and continue his "stem cell research".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : Steve, you back home or still in PITT??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I'm home for a week, than back to PITT. Too bad about what happened to the Pirates; they never recovered from that fiasco call at HP. I've been entertained by attending several of their games; great value at $5 for parking and $6 for seats! (And FWIW, the first games I've gone to in a few yrs)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Got to get something out of this... please.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Kind of a quick hook. Girardi knows the game is on the line here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

grr..Cano should have let Jeter take that, he's heading towards 1B, even a clean pick by Cano doesn't get Pedroia...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : I think thats bullsh*t steve. they're going to say and do what they have to, nothing more. whether its a story or not. selig didn't care about PEDS, he's not going to care about this. the last thing he needs is this to come to light, the statement will be they investigated it and couldnt determine anything improper ocurred.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

And what about the Mitchell report, and the Ortiz story, where he hid behind the skirt of the MLBPA; there isn't some bullsh*t involved there? What goes around comes around, irrespective of fandom.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : I'm home for a week, than back to PITT. Too bad about what happened to the Pirates; they never recovered from that fiasco call at HP. I've been entertained by attending several of their games; great value at $5 for parking and $6 for seats! (And FWIW, the first games I've gone to in a few yrs)

beautiful park and cheaper than a movie! Tragic about that 11 year old girl in NH-

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

What an ugly at-bat.