Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

The offense is the trouble folks. I said it two weeks ago. If this team has trouble, it's more likely to be this feast/famine offense that will be it's undoing than the pitching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

sacks packed....1st time they've pushed Lester tonite...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : what about it??steve you're welcome to your opinion about ortiz, but one has nothing to do with the other does it?? this isnt a yankees red sox thing its about doing the right thing.  selig claims he trying to move past the peds. hes not. there isnt one yankee fan i know who thinks somethings not up. except here, what does what goes around have to do with this...
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I agree the investigation should have higher priority; but my point is this was their modus operandi all along; you could read their body language while getting admonished by congress during the winter of 2005; as a result they've been fairly consistent since, and you can't have it both ways. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

like obama, lester is LEADING FROM BEHIND.. NOT GOOD! may be his last batter

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : YOSHIIIIIII... how's cleveland?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I try not to go out...that way I can pretend not to be here! :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : U mean Tito CC?
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]YES! they look too much alike, lol. btw, where's joel? did ells fake the bunt on the very first pitch of the game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i'll take that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Sweet!  I'll take it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Big double play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I would of went home......just me I guess

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]The offense is the trouble folks. I said it two weeks ago. If this team has trouble, it's more likely to be this feast/famine offense that will be it's undoing than the pitching.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]what? they feasted all over june and july, most of later may and parts of this one.. how qyuickly we forget? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Wow, his PC climbed in a blink, gets a DP, but pitch 103 on the way..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

he's not getting that call. 3 times.. its a strike! lester got screwedd. if they wont call that, he has no shot! like glavine in the day, u must come inside.. bad ump!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Well, thats a result of Lester missing the zone too much

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

seriously, y is tito not pulling a girardi

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Tito needs a quicker hook.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

way to fight back boys!!!...big hit by Swish....will Tito bring the hook after this frame?...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Deja Wake

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Funny how momentum can change in a hurry. A few minutes ago , we had a chance to break this game open. Terrible at-bat by Adrian , then Lester falters. Now we trail. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Tito needs a quicker hook.
    Posted by joyceand[/QUOTE]ok, tito wins that one! if we score 5, and lester wins, he owesss tito!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how momentum can change in a hurry. A few minutes ago , we had a chance to break this game open. Terrible at-bat by Adrian , then Lester falters. Now we trail. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

long way to go gale. only a one run difference. bases loaded no outs...could have been a BIG inning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

yikes, still a lot of baseball to play though

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]way to fight back boys!!!...big hit by Swish....will Tito bring the hook after this frame?...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I would not have given Lester the hook there , but maybe pitched around Swisher to get at Jones.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Three won't beat us, but this worries me just a little. I've said before, I'll say it again. Jon Lester is a great pitcher, but he's never been big game. The only big game I can think of that he was lights out was a Sept. 08 game against Tampa where he pulled the Sox into a first place tie with a shutout. He's not done it any other time, and you can't count game 4 in 07 b/c his team had a 3-0 lead. Worries me just a tad.