Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

Two best teams in the AL - gotta expect some excitement from both sides.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on

i know this is a Yanks/Sox game, but does anyone else think this one is about to turn into a "Yanks/Sox" game...if you know what i mean?....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Lester clearly has not regained the control of his best years.  So now he throws mostly cuts fastballs, fastballs, and the occasional slider.  Nary a changeup in sight against righties.  And the curve ball can no longer be counted on.  I give him a ton of credit for hanging in there against Cano, but those walks absolutely killed him tonight. 

I would have given him the hook after the walk to Teixeira, but Francona might the right move, which got the double play. 

But I can't help thinking about AGon going down on three pitches with the bases loaded, at Fenway, against the Yankees.  Great hitters rise to the occasion.  They at least avoid looking foolish. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

That might have been Gonzales very worst at bat this season. 3 pitches, terrible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

big punchout by Boonie...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Yay, Carl!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Cool.  Wake up every one!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

That ball just died out there

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I give AGon a pass tonight on that at bat.  Time for some of the other guys to step up and be the man in clutch situations.  Even with his great year - he's gonna fail to get a hit 6.5 out of every 10 at bats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Its getting late early... now that we r behind and Rivera nearing!  We gotta get that 3rd back here...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

craw! makes a big catch, gets a big nobody on hit!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

nice hustle by Swish, keeping that out of the triangle, Craw would have been off to the races..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]yikes, still a lot of baseball to play though
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]
    yikes those things on ur avatar are so FAKE!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

that ball gets to the triangle crawford may have scored....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

cmon salty

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on:
    [QUOTE]I give AGon a pass tonight on that at bat.  Time for some of the other guys to step up and be the man in clutch situations.  Even with his great year - he's gonna fail to get a hit 6.5 out of every 10 at bats.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well it's HIS fault that we are so spoiled and expect a clutch hit in that situation.  If HE wasn't so good, we wouldn't expect HIM to provide the goods so often.

Yeah.  Other guys can step up and help turn this around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SALT'S GOING DEEEEP

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DONT GET THIS move. salt's worse vs lefties, this is a dumb tito type move

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Why do I get the feeling the Yankees are about to tack on?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]DONT GET THIS move. salt's worse vs lefties, this is a dumb tito type move
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

And all of Girardi moves so far are looking awesome, his quick hook shows how much he wants 1st place!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ok, my psychic just told me favre is coming back to SEATTLE. he's sayin he's not interested in miami, so he's interested inplayin again, right? poor tavares! i digress...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im not sure if i wouldve taken Lester out like some wanted here but I do know that Girardi should get credit for the win if the score remains the same for his ballsy hook of Colon...impressive coaching

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Baseball Thread: Yankees at Red Sox - The battle for first place is on : And all of Girardi moves so far are looking awesome, his quick hook shows how much he wants 1st place!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]this is like torre at his best! no interest in feeding egos, just WINNING! tito was lousy last night!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't like to see this turn into a battle of the BPs.  Solid performance by Lester - just a bit short on the hitting side tonight for the Sox so far.  I still like being at home against them tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox unable to answer back.  Need to hold them down now. Cannot give up any more runs.

Sections
Shortcuts