Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees

Angels got Greinke? They're gonna be tough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees": Just noticed it was Cook and not Lester pitching, so so much for the Fat Cat Ace, I guess we'll see him later. We won 13-3, but I had a horrible night. 0-3 tonight, ended the season 18-30. Decent, but not good enough IMO. One of the guys on our team was wearing. NYY hat, and I'm convinced that's why I had a bad night at the plate. It emanated an evil force.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

batting over .500 sounds good enough to me. Lester tomorrow. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hi alll. lets hold out on that trading of pedy thing.. he's the only guy showing up lately and seems to have found his old soul. aaron cook... really? would like him back as a 4th starter. but thats our problem, we have 5 #4-5 guys!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

CRAW!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

drive up CC's value! and knock the yankees around while he's at it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees": [QUOTE]I guess that every pitcher is called "Fat Cat" by Examiner. Trying to emulate old Bill-806 in Florida, I presume. Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE] No, Beckett and Lester are Fat Cat and Fat Cat Ace, Buchholz and Dobrount are the Young Fat Cats. I have no such name for Cook. Didn't know he was pitching til after I posted that. Have since deleted that post. I'll keep it in my pocket for when FCA pitches later, and I couldn't care less what Bill806 says about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

WOW.  Crawford going upper deck. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

craw.. classic case of a blind squirrel running into a nut or a new uptick trend?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Well hello!  Do I say every blind squirrel finds an occasional nut?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]drive up CC's value! and knock the yankees around while he's at it
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

andrew did you see my post in response to yours about gonzo at the man cave?? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

wow, angels just got grienke.. they now have the best rotation in AL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : ANDREW CHECK INTO THESE THINGS BEFORE YOU START CRITICIZING....HE WAS SCHEDULED TO BE THERE ON HIS DAY OFF BEFORE THE NYY SERIES. SOMETHING TO DO WITH A CONTEST WINNER, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY. NESN WAS THERE TO FILM IT.  DO YOU THINK HE JUST SHOWED UP WEARING HIS SOX JERSEY??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

here it is, if you didn't. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]wow, angels just got grienke.. they now have the best rotation in AL!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

That probably puts a lock on the one WC...just leaves the one for the Sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

average win total for AL 4th place team is 89 wins. thats what we need to get to if we want to get the wild card. that means we must sustain a .635 winning percentage going forward.. since september we have been at .444. anyone want to bet their house on this?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]average win total for AL 4th place team is 89 wins. thats what we need to get to if we want to get the wild card. that means we must sustain a .635 winning percentage going forward.. since september we have been at .444. anyone want to bet their house on this?
    There are too many teams in front of us. A prolonged winning streak is our only real chance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]average win total for AL 4th place team is 89 wins. thats what we need to get to if we want to get the wild card. that means we must sustain a .635 winning percentage going forward.. since september we have been at .444. anyone want to bet their house on this?

Not 100% sure the Sox can play .644 ball the rest of the way...especially looking at their schedule the next few weeks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : here it is, if you didn't. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

alright, I see it now......but what's the difference? scheduled or not - contest or not I don't like these sorta things..........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : That probably puts a lock on the one WC...just leaves the one for the Sox.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

or for the team that actually DESERVES it

watch it got the A's!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

One of those guys should have knocked that down or got to it...bad play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Terrible defense on that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A keystone cops play

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Guys, where is Sweeney - why is he buried?  He should be in the LF batting 2nd and Crawford should be the DH........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

that hit is y having a sinker baller as your ace is a prob... give a strasburg anyday.. they can strike guys out and not rely on guys making plays.. balls scoot thru all the time.. more things can happen bad than good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : Not 100% sure the Sox can play .644 ball the rest of the way...especially looking at their schedule the next few weeks.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

there is just no way at all that can happen

Sections
Shortcuts