Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees

The Sox simply don't get clutch pitching. The team has already scored 2 runs, good for them for 3 innings, and of course both via HRs. It's just mind-numbing. And the fielding isn't much better. They should have turned the Tex DP but Aviles was slow as was Pedroia, then the seeing-eye single never should have gotten to the OF and that produced a run. Sox scoring via other ways than HRs? Forget it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees:
    In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : alright, I see it now......but what's the difference? scheduled or not - contest or not I don't like these sorta things..........
    Posted by andrewmitch

the difference is, it was a contest and for charity. whether you like it or not isn't the point. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

SHOT OF SALT!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

BREAKING NEWS: yankee stadium is not great for power righties against power leftie hitters

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm not blaming Cook, I'm blaming pretty much the entire rotation who save for Mr. Clay have been woefully inconsistent. How can you win if you can't get 2 or 3 good starts in a row. It's just bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Only problem is 3 HR by 4th inning and still trailing in the game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Another six solo HR's and we might win this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Yankee Stadium = Home run paradise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : the difference is, it was a contest and for charity. whether you like it or not isn't the point. 
    Posted by J-BAY

whether I like it or not IS the point

he should be focusing on his job and improving

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : the killer will be if the A's win that second WC slot and then advanced on top of that....I am starting to think we are never going to see Bailey pitch in a Sox uni - just like the last time we traded for an A's closer (Fingers)....
    Posted by andrewmitch

Wasn't that "trade" that was nixed by the commish?  Wasn't that the one that also included Joe Rudi?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

20 Jacks and people still want Lavarnway. I'm sure boom/crazed are already talking about his K with 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs in the 1st.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

SALTY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : Wasn't that "trade" that was nixed by the commish?  Wasn't that the one that also included Joe Rudi?
    Posted by joel49

you got it

we got Rudi later in the Fred Lynn trade w/ the Angels (And Frankie Tannana!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

joel, Fingers, Rudi to Sox, Blue to Yankees all for cash..nixed by Commisioner Kuhn
    *best interests of baseball*

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : I love a good sinker ball pitcher Throw strikes and keep the ball in the park Let the Defense go to town Walks, Homers, and Errors is what kills you.......
    Posted by andrewmitch

i agree... my point is you want a cook to be your solid #3 or 4 guy on an elite team. right now the fact he's our best or most reliable guy with the wells-type in doubront is y we have issues. those guys should NEVER be your frontline guys on a team going places esp in the toughest division in the game!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Some of us have been deluding ourselves about Cook.  He is a lifetime mediocrity. I guess we are that desperate.
    Posted by dgalehouse

I can't agree, denny.  But for two high ERA years, Cook was very solid with Houston over a decade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

20 Jacks and people still want Lavarnway. I'm sure boom/crazed are already talking about his K with 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs in the 1st.
    Posted by dannycater

as his platoon partner I want him

But Salty should be catching like 2/3 of the games....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : I love a good sinker ball pitcher Throw strikes and keep the ball in the park Let the Defense go to town Walks, Homers, and Errors is what kills you.......
    Posted by andrewmitch

i agree... my point is you want a cook to be your solid #3 or 4 guy on an elite team. right now the fact he's our best or most reliable guy with the wells-type in doubront is y we have issues. those guys should NEVER be your frontline guys on a team going places esp in the toughest division in the game!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : whether I like it or not IS the point he should be focusing on his job and improving
    Posted by andrewmitch

it was something that was pre arranged, was a commitment, that he lived up to. the point is, you ripped him for going to the man cave on his day off, i may add. man up, andrew

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Good thing Ells is playing CF and RF tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : I can't agree, denny.  But for two high ERA years, Cook was very solid with Houston over a decade.
    Posted by joel49

Colorado

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

drew, he should be DHing the last 8 games....Lavarnway

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : I can't agree, denny.  But for two high ERA years, Cook was very solid with Houston over a decade.
    Posted by joel49

Colorado , you mean.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Seven more solo home-runs and we should win this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees :  it was something that was pre arranged, was a commitment, that he lived up to. the point is you ripped him for going to the man cave on his day off i may add. man up, andrew
    Posted by J-BAY

man up?  for what? 

Sections
Shortcuts