Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees

OH my...here we go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ich now has a 4 game hitting streak (the japanese boggs). bo way playing with a lead and in the fronto of the bus is going to hurt him. in seattle, his team is behind by 4 runs right about now as the norm. always uphill.. THAT hr is due to ich.. no way cook was going to throw a sinker knowing ich would be stealing second!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : i agree... my point is you want a cook to be your solid #3 or 4 guy on an elite team. right now the fact he's our best or most reliable guy with the wells-type in doubront is y we have issues. those guys should NEVER be your frontline guys on a team going places esp in the toughest division in the game!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

well of course......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Well I guess even a .170 hitter is dangerous tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Yankee's lineup is far too strong for a ham and egger like Cook.  This " pitching to contact " business is for the birds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Cook doesnt have it tonight, but the defense hasnt helped

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]joel, Fingers, Rudi to Sox, Blue to Yankees all for cash..nixed by Commisioner Kuhn *best interests of baseball*
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, somewhere in a box in the attic I have a photo from the Globe showing Fingers and Rudi sporting Sox unis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

DAMN IT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Game over

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : I can't agree, denny.  But for two high ERA years, Cook was very solid with Houston over a decade.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]u meanT COLORADO?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : Colorado
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Brain fahrt.  That is why his ERA was so impressive.  Because it was at Coors Field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

We faced him in the World Series - you should remember that!  (he pitched "OK").....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SO SAD TO SAY, but we have ZERO shot to win this series... none! yanks have to beat themselves somehow. not one starter can scare them.. not ONE! back in the day, u could at least count ona schill or pedro for a quality start going to NY..now, we need a 11-10 marathon game of attrition or an errorfest or bad ump call somewhere to even have a shot. all things being close to =, we LOSE and lose BADDDD!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Hey, cut me some slack, guys.  My brain said Colorado but my fingers typed Houston. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees : Brain fahrt.  That is why his ERA was so impressive.  Because it was at Coors Field.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Cook is 74-71 lifetime. ERA of 4.50 . 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

good eye Ells

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Game over
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]
    U MEAN series over... MR. LEST IS ONE MORE mediocre start away from remembering an injury.. we must get him to the mental DL and get morales in there.. btw, i want pedro over aviles!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Josh Beckett hasn't allowed a HR since May 10th.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]SO SAD TO SAY, but we have ZERO shot to win this series... none! yanks have to beat themselves somehow. not one starter can scare them.. not ONE! back in the day, u could at least count ona schill or pedro for a quality start going to NY..now, we need a 11-10 marathon game of attrition or an errorfest or bad ump call somewhere to even have a shot. all things being close to =, we LOSE and lose BADDDD!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

those days are over - they've been over for many years now

this season was over before it started

Sox FO will keep throwing Beckett and Lester out there doing the same things and hoping for DIFFERENT results (Einstein's definition of insanity)..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

DVR on and will have to watch it later...Friday night calls.  Go Sox!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Post something here , and it takes 5 minutes to show.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, cut me some slack, guys.  My brain said Colorado but my fingers typed Houston. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    yep see what you mean.. whenever i'm in colorado, houston comes to mind esp when they start speaking.... LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

just heard that marlins want to trade reyes for crawsome and some cash!