Friday night Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Friday night Game Thread

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread : Exactly. The first thing he needs to do is move a little closer to the plate. Right now he cannot handle the outside corner. If the pitcher leaves it middle in, he can hammer it.  But anything away, he will continue to struggle. Maybe subconsciously, he is afraid of fouling another ball off his foot. He never seemed like a hitter that had any fear of the ball , in the past.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

He's always stood way off the plate, but pitchers have gotten wise to it, so they pitch him away.  Now he constantly JUMPS at the pitch, literally leaving his feet!  You may be correct about him subconsciously being afraid of hitting that foot!  Probably with good reason.....  His foot is clearly not right!  Moving him down in the order would be the best thing for him!  Pedey is very motivated by being under-estimated!  He WILL break out, but I'm not overly impressed with the new hitting coach!  I think I would make A-Gon the de facto hitting coach.........   Gotta give Papi major props!!!!!!!!   He is smart enough to realize a TRULY GREAT HITTER when he sees it, & do his best to emulate him.  :) :) :)

i.e.    Last game..... Op field homer by Papi :)  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey J...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Evening all..how are you gents doing?..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

hey jete didnt see you today on the forum.....laying low....trying to phase out of posting, it gets worse by the day

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Magadan has been the hitting coach for a while. He was around when Pedey was going good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

who do you replace Pedey with in the 2 hole?  Not much to chose from.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i have feeling Clay has shut the door and we will pull ahead

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

crawford needs to go back where he is best...2 hole....him and Ells would put serious pressure on a defense

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

was mostly reading today, got pretty hectic at work today....i won't be able to watch all of the Yanks game, working my quarterly Saturday tomorrow....Frown

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Papi!! Love seeing him hit the ball to left.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

All right fellas, let's focus on the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The slow part of Papi's game early was RBIs. Now even he's ripping in that category too.

He's got the Sox back in the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]crawford needs to go back where he is best...2 hole....him and Ells would put serious pressure on a defense
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

But Crawford's in his own season long funk currently georom.  Until he gets it going I think were stuck with things the way they are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

2-for-2 against a lefty with a double and 2 RBIs so far.

He's partying like it's 2007.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]All right fellas, let's focus on the game.

Come on now!  My lack of focus is CLEARLY helping the Sox.......  I'm having another beer!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

And the Red Sox take the lead.

That's the Jed that we all love and softy hates.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread : But Crawford's in his own season long funk currently georom.  Until he gets it going I think were stuck with things the way they are.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I agree, Crawford isn't out of any funk. He needs to notice that big green wall and focus on it. He seems to be trying to hit the bull pen on every swing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE] was mostly reading today, got pretty hectic at work today....i won't be able to watch all of the Yanks game, working my quarterly Saturday tomorrow....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

nice day for a ferry ride tho;) west coast games are the worst. jete, my brother use to take metro north to grand central, the subway to ferry, the ferry to new jersey for a few years. dont know how he did it.

i find i read less posts than i skip....pikes back in full force with his new alias'. it's almost become sad. i look for you, zac, hammah, space, mikenagy and a few others but until BDC gets a grip on the multiple screen names it won't get any better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread : But Crawford's in his own season long funk currently georom.  Until he gets it going I think were stuck with things the way they are.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

well maybe he's in a funk partly because he is hitting in a weird spot...isnt it worth a shot to swap them? What do we have to lose? Two underperforming superstars...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

posted at 6/3/2011 8:24 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9d63f342ac4b20e10d3ab0b99d6b2d6e&plckUserId=9d63f342ac4b20e10d3ab0b99d6b2d6e">
    First: 3/15/2009
      Last: 6/3/2011

And the Red Sox take the lead.

That's the Jed that we all love and softy hates.

I'm never wrong. Thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken
    and should Ellsbury hit one out, they'll be carting Softy out on a stretcher..Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

You know...... I hate to admit it, but that's how superstitious I am with the Sox.  If something..... OK ANYTHING is working......  I do it more.... Not working??????  LESS!  Very simple plan!  Any other superstitious guys out there?

Let's here those nutty stories????   :)   :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread : Come on now!  My lack of focus is CLEARLY helping the Sox.......  I'm having another beer!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    I did not mean you. I was talking about Don and Jerry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Clay needs another couple of quick, efficient innings, now. Sox have to start getting more than six innings out of the starters.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ITS Inevitable. at some point, craw witl be switched with pedy. psdy 7th, cc 2nd

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread : I did not mean you. I was talking about Don and Jerry.

dgale,

I know :)  Just feeling a bit goofy :)