Friday night Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Friday night Game Thread

aannnnd Ellsbury sprains his wrist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice play by Ells

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That Ellsbury really stinks. Let's trade him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

W T F

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

bucholtz gets too pre occupied with men on base. worry about the batter. he'll be lucky if he gets thru 6 with his pitch count

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:
    [QUOTE] was mostly reading today, got pretty hectic at work today....i won't be able to watch all of the Yanks game, working my quarterly Saturday tomorrow....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Slingbox and iPhone, that's all you need Jete it works for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Can't go too far with Buch.  Get the pen up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This is turning into an ugly inning. Last inning, Mike Cameron is so pathetic, he cannot flat out hit. He is absolutely done. When he does it it is  usually a ground ball or weak single. I still cannot believe that Theo thought that he was going to replace Jason Bay's 40 home runs with him who struggled in the National League. I know he was in a horrible collision with Beltran when he played with the Mets. But seriously here !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well, we just handed them that run. Bad baseball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I wonder why he didn't go straight home with that instead of tagging 1B first.  I think they would have had him gunned down if he didn't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder why he didn't go straight home with that instead of tagging 1B first.  I think they would have had him gunned down if he didn't.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    Crisp is fast but I thought they could could have turned the double play. The ball was hit sharply.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]I wonder why he didn't go straight home with that instead of tagging 1B first.  I think they would have had him gunned down if he didn't.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

If he goes immediately home, runner stops and goes back to 3rd and runner is safe at 1st.  He made the right play by getting defiant out.  Throw was high to home or he would of had runner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

The current pitching coach of the Red Sox, Bert Young (the former actor, I guess), needs to be interviewed and explain why he knows so little about assisting his pitching staff, and about baseball in general.

Young's job is essentially a no-show position, except at night he gets to wear a baseball costume similar to those worn by actual players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hottovy is not a kid. He has kicked around the minors for a few years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]The current pitching coach of the Red Sox, Bert Young (the former actor, I guess), needs to be interviewed and explain why he knows so little about assisting his pitching staff, and about baseball in general. Young's job is essentially a no-show position, except at night he gets to wear a baseball costume similar to those worn by actual players.
    Posted by Granite2000[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I'm very disappointed in Young thus far.  Who knows if he has had an impact on Beckett and Papelbon but Lester, Buchholz, Lackey, Bard have all taken steps backwards this year.  It's hard to put it all on the pitching coach but I thought the Sox were getting one of the best when they brought him on board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Time for a pitching change

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Come on, Clay. Get your act together. Good thing you're not facing a real lineup tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

Can anyone -- anyone - explain why Buckholz is still in this game after the lead off double?????

Please?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Cold water and Atchinson warming in the Pen = shrinkage. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

What's up guys, I have been out backpacking the past few days. How's it going, besides this losing streak?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

DAMNIT!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I think he can at least get himself out of this inning. Lets not blow the pen every night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Very poor performance from Clay tonight. No excuse to give up half-a-dozen to that sorry-ass lineup. Really thought he'd turned the corner from the early season struggles.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

clay had nothing tonite

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The object is to pull him before he surrenders the lead Terry.  Someday he's going to learn this basic concept of winning.

Sections
Shortcuts