Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : exam you have a game??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

No, summer season is over, and we've got about a month til fall season starts. I think I'll play men's league and co-ed both if I can. But yeah, I have the Reds game on my tv on FSO, and the Sox on my ipad. Right now I'm following the Reds closer for obvious reasons, not to mention Pittsburg is in town. I was off the forum earlier to give me more bandwidth. I have a sling adapter with my Dish package, and my dad logs into my online account to use it at his house to watch the Reds game online. When he does that, it eats up some my bandwidth and makes MLBTV slower at MY house. When CC hit the HR, I couldn't resist coming on and posting about it though, bandwidth be darned. Matt Latos just hammered a two run HR off Wandy Rodriguez, sometimes it pays to let the pitcher bat (but not usually! lol). But the culture shock between my two teams now is striking. It's almost exactly flipped from what it usually is. Amazing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : He has played like a goat since he joined the team.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

He has been hurt for most of his time here... and if he is a goat then the sox have a lot of goats....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Doubront's ERA is now 4.30, best among our SP. Better than Beckett. Better by more than a run per game than Lester. And Morales, who SHOULD be a regular in the rotation, has an ERA of 3.32, better by nearly a run than our top SP. Does all this make sense? Its why the season is down the drain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Don ; why don't you give Jerry a call after the game tonight. The two of you can have a little chat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Craw lends a ton to this team, his health is the only issue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Hey all ... Hope nobody melted today. Got home in time to see Crawford's blast to the pen.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE

Hey Lloyd, in A/C all day....very pleasant!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : He's been like that about Beckett  before last year. He traded his hate for Drew to Crawford. How is everyone so sure Beckett is a cancer, media, please? Arrogant, yes, always has been, which is what made him so good.  Friend went to his charity event a few years ago, said he was great. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Here is a post from another thread by ma6dragon9. It is a good way of looking at the situation Beckett has created for himself:

Well, for me, people still don;t get it about Beckett.

I can accept losing.

I can accept less-than-stellar performances.

Here's a list of things i can't accept:
    -Consistently being out of shape when his profession demands otherwise
    -Whining about finding the snitch when he acted poorly. Snitch or not, he was wrong and his focus was totally unnacceptable
    -"18 days off"
    -"It's that important to all of YOU, but it isn't to me" when talking about his dedication to baseball, the Red Sox, Boston and the fans.
    -The star treatment that started with the limo after his ST game after Valentine stated everyone would be riding buses and treated the same. Now, maybe ownership made that call on their own...maybe. But, even if they did, Beckett had to be aware of what Valentine said. He should NOT have seperated himself from his teammates with preferential treatment.
    -And the capper to it all, he makes 'Ace' money, and doesn't even put in the effort. Not even a little. If he WAS, there wouldn't be so many OBVIOUS conditioning issues.

So, fine, look at his stats, reminisce about the past, twist and justify it however you want. He is obviously divisive and a lightning rod. Fan, media or Beckett HIMSELF created matters little at this point. His mere presence is dragging the whole team down and I don't understand how so many miss that. Ignore those SIX points I laid out if you want, they are mostly facts.

His performance has not been there overall, and ESPECIALLY when it's mattered most. On top of that, his attitude is ATROCIOUS. On top of THAT, he gets paid a fortune to underperform and have a bad attitude about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Craw lends a ton to this team, his health is the only issue.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

People can't appreciate what he does bring because they can't get past the contract, which can we all agree is bad.

He makes Ellsbury more expendable/tradeable because they are very similar offensive players, although Ells is better in the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : Here is a post from another thread by ma6dragon9. It is a good way of looking at the situation Beckett has created for himself: Well, for me, people still don;t get it about Beckett. I can accept losing. I can accept less-than-stellar performances. Here's a list of things i can't accept: -Consistently being out of shape when his profession demands otherwise -Whining about finding the snitch when he acted poorly. Snitch or not, he was wrong and his focus was totally unnacceptable -"18 days off" -"It's that important to all of YOU, but it isn't to me" when talking about his dedication to baseball, the Red Sox, Boston and the fans. -The star treatment that started with the limo after his ST game after Valentine stated everyone would be riding buses and treated the same. Now, maybe ownership made that call on their own...maybe. But, even if they did, Beckett had to be aware of what Valentine said. He should NOT have seperated himself from his teammates with preferential treatment. -And the capper to it all, he makes 'Ace' money, and doesn't even put in the effort. Not even a little. If he WAS, there wouldn't be so many OBVIOUS conditioning issues. So, fine, look at his stats, reminisce about the past, twist and justify it however you want. He is obviously divisive and a lightning rod. Fan, media or Beckett HIMSELF created matters little at this point. His mere presence is dragging the whole team down and I don't understand how so many miss that. Ignore those SIX points I laid out if you want, they are mostly facts. His performance has not been there overall, and ESPECIALLY when it's mattered most. On top of that, his attitude is ATROCIOUS. On top of THAT, he gets paid a fortune to underperform and have a bad attitude about it.

saw it, pumpsie. I'll buy some of it, not all. think he cares more than some believe, think he plays hurt, more than some believe, think he's less of a problem than some believe. Think his teamamtes like him, media, not so much, for obvious reasons. I could be wrong. but its my gut feeling

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : People can't appreciate what he does bring because they can't get past the contract, which can we all agree is bad. He makes Ellsbury more expendable/tradeable because they are very similar offensive players, although Ells is better in the field.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Crawford has contributed nothing to this team since he came here, injured or not. His stats are: .252/.690. That is AWEFUL, big contract or not. Now I think he will come around, but so far he has STUNK. Thats not even debateable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Come on Felix, you're screwing this up.
    Need a nice 6-4-3 right about now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Not looking good here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Doubront walks in a run. More on the way. He has lost it. Some of Jon Lester's in-game attitude has rubbed off on him. Thats the danger of  allowing Lester to act out on the mound.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Doubront walks in a run. More on the way. He has lost it. Some of Jon Lester's in-game attitude has rubbed off on him. Thats the danger of  allowing Lester to act out on the mound.
    He really needs some maturity out there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Doubront has to throw more curve balls. By far his best pitch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : Crawford has contributed nothing to this team since he came here, injured or not. His stats are: .252/.690. That is AWEFUL, big contract or not. Now I think he will come around, but so far he has STUNK. Thats not even debateable.

Everything is debateable just like everything is for sale.

Crawford actually had some good stretches last year May into June and then late July through early September. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Can anyone tell me what Bobby is waiting for now?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

I know I am stating the obvious but this pitching staff is pretty bad...there is only one guy who I have some confidence in and that is Buch...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Sox blow a 5-1 lead. This is one very unlikeable team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The pitches weren't strikes Felix.  Man up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

We have blown a 4 run lead , same crap different day ,

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah. The difference between the two teams I follow is striking--striking I say. This Sox team is just the very definition of mediocrity--something I said about the Reds for years. They've started to behave like the Reds USED to. Signing the wrong players, giving away players that are good, not making aggressive, smart trades, and complaining they don't have the money. Yip, seen this show before folks, and it doesn't end well. Time for some changes I'd say.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

looks like the pitcher whisperers, pedroia and shoppach, havent helped tonight...good thing salty wasnt behind the plate because we all know what the responses would have been about felix's meltdown...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Way to hold that lead Felix.... to me his is still a AAA pitcher...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : Everything is debateable just like everything is for sale. Crawford actually had some good stretches last year May into June and then late July through early September. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

And he had some truly aweful stretches to more than compensate for those decent stretches. Let me put it to you this way: how happy would you be if the Sox granted a permanent OF position to a guy with those statistics? There is no cogent arguement supporting Crawford here to date.

Sections
Shortcuts