Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox

Was Schilling asking for donations during the pregame ceromony?

"Hey Marty Barrett, you seem like a smart guy and I'm looking for some good people...."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Yeah. The difference between the two teams I follow is striking--striking I say. This Sox team is just the very definition of mediocrity--something I said about the Reds for years. They've started to behave like the Reds USED to. Signing the wrong players, giving away players that are good, not making aggressive, smart trades, and complaining they don't have the money. Yip, seen this show before folks, and it doesn't end well. Time for some changes I'd say.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

We have seen so many opinions as to what is wrong with this team. Could the simplest explanation be the right one ?  They are just not very good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Not the best half inning but at least we got out tied.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox": [QUOTE]Way to hold that lead Felix.... to me his is still a AAA pitcher... Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE] Amen , needs to mature

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : And he had some truly aweful stretches to more than compensate for those decent stretches. Let me put it to you this way: how happy would you be if the Sox granted a permanent OF position to a guy with those statistics? There is no cogent arguement supporting Crawford here to date.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

I support him because I want him and the team to succeed. 

Do you spell 'awful' wrong on purpose for some reason?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The good news tonite is that we are hitting against the Twins. There is always hope against this pitching staff, just as our opponents always have hope batting against what passes for our pitching staff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Can anyone tell me what Bobby is waiting for now?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

is he awake?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Yes more good luck

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Another break

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : And he had some truly aweful stretches to more than compensate for those decent stretches. Let me put it to you this way: how happy would you be if the Sox granted a permanent OF position to a guy with those statistics? There is no cogent arguement supporting Crawford here to date.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

The bottom line on the Crawford deal: If you asked Cherington if he would take the deal back if he could, the answer would be an obvious " yes , of course."  Unfortunately , that is not possible. So , we have to make the best of it. Crawford is doing somewhat better lately. He certainly is a better player than what we have seen so far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

bobby is waiting for pedroia and ben to tell him what to do

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

LOL.... that could've been a DP because Agon wasn't running out of the box.  The Twins are trying to give us this game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : I support him because I want him and the team to succeed.  Do you spell 'awful' wrong on purpose for some reason?
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Naw...just my dyslexia.
    I want him to succeed too, and I think he will contribute once he is healthy. Others disagree. My point is that his lack of contribution is really sort of in your face so far. He has stunk. Plain and simple. That is not debateable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Nice AB Fisk Jr.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox": [QUOTE]LOL.... that could've been a DP because Agon wasn't running out of the box.  The Twins are trying to give us this game. Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE] May not matter

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : We have seen so many opinions as to what is wrong with this team. Could the simplest explanation be the right one ?  They are just not very good.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I posted last night DG. Just not a good team with too many mediocre players. Like I said, this is what the Reds used to do all the time, I've seen this song and dance before. Bad contracts mixed with junk heap reclamation projects. It's part of what attracted me to the Sox a few years ago, but  now the philosophies and fates of the teams have swapped. Just my luck I guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Was Schilling asking for donations during the pregame ceromony? "Hey Marty Barrett, you seem like a smart guy and I'm looking for some good people...."
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

gotta feel for the guy. great pitcher, a businessman, not so much

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Damn it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : is he awake?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

J , It is obvious that you always take cheap shots at Valentine, but defend Beckett , no matter what. It is always the manager, never blame the player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Lavarnway and Middlebrooks kill the gift rally.  Is this what everyone was talking about when they kept saying "play the kids."? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Middlebrooks has come back to earth. He needs to work on his plate discipline this offseason, along with Ciriaco. That pitch nearly hit him.
    I have had a stomach full of this team for one night...no desire to waste my time when other things are waiting to be done. Enjoy the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : gotta feel for the guy. great pitcher, a businessman, not so much
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Well if that's his wife sitting next to him, I can't see where he's got TOO much to gripe about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : J , It is obvious that you always take cheap shots at Valentine, but defend Beckett , no matter what. It is always the manager, never blame the player.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I have my reasons, gale, that I will keep to myself. I'm also entitled to my opinion, although it's more than that. I also take offense at that, gale. I havent said much, let alone every chance I get. You're all over Beckett, I've said nothing to you

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Doubrount has done a great job this year but he could be coming to the end of his innings for this year. On the Amica Strike Zone none of those pitches he was upset about were in that box over home plate. I think the balls and strikes this year have been atrocious but not in this case. If the umpire is not giving you that corner consistently then do something else.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : Well if that's his wife sitting next to him, I can't see where he's got TOO much to gripe about.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

ya that is his wife. met on a blind date. She was a tv broadcaster in PA when he played with the phillys. Think they both knew who the other was, so it wasnt completely blind. 

Sections
Shortcuts