Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox

We are just in a losing mode. The pitchers lose it when there are baserunners. And , the offense is loaded with rally killers.  Seldom do we string a few hits together.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox:
    In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : And just why is he a goat?
    Posted by CA_Sox

Been off line for a while.  What I meant was he would have been considered a goat by many here for not delivering with RISP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This is a frustrating game to watch. Twins are literally trying to give the game away, yet we're tied.
    Felix really needs go get some maturity on the hill. He goes crazy over any borderline call that doesn't go his way.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

DGale it is not meant to be this year, nothing has come easy or consistently this year. When we have a big inning we give the runs up the next inning. If we get a well pitched game we cannot score any runs, or we score a lot and have lousy pitching. Nothing has been easy for this team this year and I do not see it getting better next year. A miserable team like the Twins is giving thiis team fits the last two days. We get two guys back in Ellsbury and Crawford and Ortiz gets hurt. Frustrating. In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox":
    We are just in a losing mode. The pitchers lose it when there are baserunners. And , the offense is loaded with rally killers.  Seldom do we string a few hits together. Posted by dgalehouse

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Schilling had plenty of money to live comfortably in retirement.  I don't know what he was thinking with that video game idea. But he is a good guy , who has done a lot of charitable work , and never got in any trouble off the field. A Sox icon for his contributions to two championships.  I don't know why some fans gloat over his financial problems now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : J , It is obvious that you always take cheap shots at Valentine, but defend Beckett , no matter what. It is always the manager, never blame the player.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Beckett will turn it around, he's just working thru some stuff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Great trade Ben!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I don't think so his velocity has been on a steady decline since 2007 and its noticeable to hitters. This team is giving him ace money which it is pretty clear he is not. In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox":
    In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : Beckett will turn it around, he's just working thru some stuff. Posted by Harpua710

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : I have my reasons, gale, that I will keep to myself. I'm also entitled to my opinion, although it's more than that. I also take offense at that, gale. I havent said much, let alone every chance I get. You're all over Beckett, I've said nothing to you
    Posted by J-BAY

It is hard to reply , as you keep editing and adding to the post.  I have noticed that you repeatedly go after Valentine.  It is odd , because you are always so positive about defending the players. No offense , you have every right to criticize the manager.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : hey exam, did the REDS spend 180 million for this level of mediocrity? you might want to stick with the REDS and get off the titanic.
    Posted by mryazz

LOL...I'm not sure what their payroll is. I do love the Sox, but I'll admit it's nice to have another team in the running when things go down the tube, especially one that's doing as well as they are now. But beleive me, they have their history of letdowns too, I don't totally trust them either. But the Reds got a good ownership group, and a good GM that knows how to win and has made some good decisions lately. The Sox USED to have that, but I wonder if this ownership group hasn't grown tired of the team, because things are getting pretty sloppy. Sox ownership and mgmt used to be the class and envy of all baseball. What happened?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Breslow and Broxton both pitching well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Which trade are you talking about ? In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox":
    Great trade Ben! Posted by Thesemenarecowards

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : It is hard to reply , as you keep editing and adding to the post.  I have noticed that you repeatedly go after Valentine.  It is odd , because you are always so positive about defending the players. No offense , you have every right to criticize the manager.
    Posted by dgalehouse

I dont think I have, gale. I've made a point not to, as I didnt like how others went after Francona, although I respected their opinion. I have had professional dealing with him. He's a customer of ours, through his restaurant. I understand why the players, apparently, feel as they do. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Which trade are you talking about ? In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox":
    Posted by AL34

The one applicable to the timing of my post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

My personal opinion was that everyone under Theo should have gone as well. They needed to clean house and did not, Luchinno wanted power and a GM he could control, and hence we have Young Ben. No other GM would have come to this team with Lucky Larry Luchinno running the show behind the scenes. In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox":
    In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : theo got to believe that he could actually walk on water. Posted by mryazz

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Sorry but Young Ben has had so many that I am not sure. In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox":
    In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : The one applicable to the timing of my post. Posted by Thesemenarecowards

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Maybe it is time to look at the hitting coach of this team , we make every pitcher look like sandy koufax and bob Gibson

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : neither does Mikey AL, he's being a facetious NYY fan
    Posted by J-BAY

Nothing like some positive spin in the face of reality.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : LOL...I'm not sure what their payroll is. I do love the Sox, but I'll admit it's nice to have another team in the running when things go down the tube, especially one that's doing as well as they are now. But beleive me, they have their history of letdowns too, I don't totally trust them either. But the Reds got a good ownership group, and a good GM that knows how to win and has made some good decisions lately. The Sox USED to have that, but I wonder if this ownership group hasn't grown tired of the team, because things are getting pretty sloppy. Sox ownership and mgmt used to be the class and envy of all baseball. What happened?
    Posted by TheExaminer

I think that John Henry was not happy about the lack of return on the money spent on some of the free agents. He has decided to pull back on the spending. Hard to blame him for that. However , as a result , we have seen a collection of mediocrity. I can't blame Ben C. for that either. On top of that , many of our key players have not performed up to expectations.  While we have hope for the future with our young prospects , we should remember that the other teams have hot prospects of their own. We could be heading for a drought.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : I dont think I have, gale. I've made a point not to, as I didnt like how others went after Francona, although I respected their opinion. I have had professional dealing with him. He's a customer of ours, through his restaurant. I understand why the players, apparently, feel as they do. 
    Posted by J-BAY

Oh the stories you could tell.....

Sections
Shortcuts