Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : I dont think I have, gale. I've made a point not to, as I didnt like how others went after Francona, although I respected their opinion. I have had professional dealing with him. He's a customer of ours, through his restaurant. I understand why the players, apparently, feel as they do. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Be careful about giving out too much personal info.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBay he does know baseball and the Mets fans loved him. I loved Francona but could see last September coming and all my friends were saying I was crazy, that the Red Sox were not going to collapse. I saw mediocrity in Beckett and Lester last year and two starters that should not have been out there in Wakefield and Wieland. I felt they needed a pitcher and did not like Bedadard at all because of his numerous injuries and his lackadaisical work habits. Francona had two children in Afghanistan and that had to stress him out throughout the year. I think he thought these players would act as men and they did not. Although I do not like how the front office leaked confidential information about him regarding pain killers whether it was true or not. Henry had to have been mad expecting playoff ramifications for a team that he added a lot of payroll to. When stuff fails the finger pointers start and they all came at Francona who was an easy target. In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : I dont think I have, gale. I've made a point not to, as I didnt like how others went after Francona, although I respected their opinion. I have had professional dealing with him. He's a customer of ours, through his restaurant. I understand why the players, apparently, feel as they do.  Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]My personal opinion was that everyone under Theo should have gone as well. They needed to clean house and did not, Luchinno wanted power and a GM he could control, and hence we have Young Ben. No other GM would have come to this team with Lucky Larry Luchinno running the show behind the scenes. In response to "Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with the this... Ben is Theo in a different body... you know Ben agreed with everything  Theo said.... now Ben has no clue what to do without him....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Ok great Melancon...talk about a bust....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : Oh the stories you could tell.....
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

As soon as he was named Red Sox manager, I was taken off his account. For the best, I'd have been fired by now. You'll like this Mikey, Mitt Romney was a former customer. Very nice guy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : I think that John Henry was not happy about the lack of return on the money spent on some of the free agents. He has decided to pull back on the spending. Hard to blame him for that. However , as a result , we have seen a collection of mediocrity. I can't blame Ben C. for that either. On top of that , many of our key players have not performed up to expectations.  While we have hope for the future with our young prospects , we should remember that the other teams have hot prospects of their own. We could be heading for a drought.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Good points dg, and probably all true, but what do we do about it? Something like this could take years to iron out, and that's what worries me, especially with the revival of Baltimore and Toronto.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It may take years until the Sox are relevant again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Meanwhile , back at the ranch , it is still a tie game. We are in a good position to win it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : As soon as he was named Red Sox manager, I was taken off his account. For the best, I'd have been fired by now. You'll like this Mikey, Mitt Romney was a former customer. Very nice guy. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    He seems like a nice guy, although I'm a little worried.  I was confident 2 months ago but I think it is difficult to overcome the huge media advantage the other side has.  The media has become out of control and is more valuable than any Super-Pac out there.

I could use some positive spin on the front J to lift my spirts!!

Also J it won't take the Sox years and this is coming from a Yankee fan, they will be in the pennant race either next year or the season after.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

tough call on ells

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Damn it umpire at least keep the same strike zone

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

You cannot be serious the ******* umpire is killing us

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Doubrant could have used a few of thsoe calls?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Now the umpiring behind home plate is becoming bad. Call it consistently umps not this crap to Ellsbury and Pedroia. They need to computerize this already so its consistent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]Damn it umpire at least keep the same strike zone
    Posted by LondonRedSox[/QUOTE]

There it is same strike zone.  Outside and low to a LHH.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

And , disgruntled fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Twins at Red Sox : As soon as he was named Red Sox manager, I was taken off his account. For the best, I'd have been fired by now. You'll like this Mikey, Mitt Romney was a former customer. Very nice guy. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yes, he seems very Presidential, and is a good businessman. There are some important things about him I don't like, but he's infinitely preferrable to the Bolshevik Revolution deal we've got in there now. BTW, Reds broadcaster Marty Brennaman bet the Reds that he'd have his head shaved if they ever won 10 in a row. They did so Sunday, and now he's getting his head shaved live on FSO. The catch was, he'd do it live on the field after the game tonight if the fans would raise $20,000 for a Reds charity. They raised the money, and the buzz is about to take place live on the field. Even mlbtv is carrying it. LOL....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

No brainer to walk AGon here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middlebrooks. Show Middlebrooks's posts

The moment Bill has been waiting for.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Doubrant could have used a few of thsoe calls?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The umpiring is worse than I've ever seen in my lifetime.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Wasted opportunity there!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The clutch hitting is just not there with this team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Uggh.