Friday The 13th: Part MMXXXX: Jason is Hitting Zero!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Friday The 13th: Part MMXXXX: Jason is Hitting Zero!

In Response to Re: Friday The 13th: Part MMXXXX: Jason is Hitting Zero!:
    [QUOTE]'Vibrant' community?  The only vibration felt in the Bronx is the momentary sensation of a switch-blade rubbing against your vertebrae.
    Posted by ampoule[/QUOTE]

Way to add something constructive to the conversation.  I have never had a switch blade anywhere near me when visiting the Bronx.  I have recruited physicians for Bronx Lebanon Hospital, I have been to Yankees games there since 1973.  I have taken the ferry from Port Imperial up the east river to Yankee Stadium many times.  I have gone to Orchard Beach every year since 1995.  But then again, you two know so much more than I do about the subject because you quote stats and talk about switch blades.  I'll defer to your expertise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

The classy Knick fans showed their true colors today.  The same can be said about the Yankee fans and Lee.

Unfortunate for you, the people of NYC don't have the greatest of reputation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]The classy Knick fans showed their true colors today.  The same can be said about the Yankee fans and Lee. Unfortunate for you, the people of NYC don't have the greatest of reputation.
    Posted by ampoule[/QUOTE]

Your post makes no sense in that it is likely that most of the fans in attendance are not from the Bronx.  More likely the upper east side.  Remember generalizing based on a few is pretty childish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

...there is always this, GM

At least he's had the talent to get him to the point where he's allowed to play the game...

He's past his prime.

He's dead weight to a bunch of yahoos.

He's .... (catching) coach in residence.

He STILL seems to call a game in a way that other has-beens, like Beckett and Dice-K, appear to pitch like the stars they were not too long ago ...

But ...

your fine outlook is simply to knock a good man ... where he's apparently weak.  

And the last MLB at bat you took was when???????????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday The 13th: Part MMXXXX: Jason is Hitting Zero! : Way to add something constructive to the conversation.  I have never had a switch blade anywhere near me when visiting the Bronx.  I have recruited physicians for Bronx Lebanon Hospital, I have been to Yankees games there since 1973.  I have taken the ferry from Port Imperial up the east river to Yankee Stadium many times.  I have gone to Orchard Beach every year since 1995.  But then again, you two know so much more than I do about the subject because you quote stats and talk about switch blades.  I'll defer to your expertise.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

jim, I applaud your spirited defense of the Bronx. Every city, large and small, has it's run down areas where more crime occurs. One poster made a crack about Charlotte, NC being boring and BaseballGM and now amp turn it into an opportunity to rip NYC. Why not just defend Charlotte as a fine city with much to offer? This has nothing to do with NYC. Some posters only know how to respond to childish attacks with childish attacks of their own. I expect this from BaseballGM/softlaw. I am surprised amp joined in because he usually displays much more humanity.

Personally, I am a small town guy and that is my preference. But I don't attack any city that people choose to live in. There is good and bad everywhere. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How many of those games were Tim Wakefield starts?  Or do you think Varitek would have called something other than knuckleball after knuckleball?

Yes, but look at who caught more of the scrub starters like Byrd ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

posted at 4/22/2011 11:29 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ceb87bede95f1f153ea54256b720f280&plckUserId=ceb87bede95f1f153ea54256b720f280">
    First: 7/28/2005
    Last: 4/23/2011

The classy Knick fans showed their true colors today.  The same can be said about the Yankee fans and Lee.

Unfortunate for you, the people of NYC don't have the greatest of reputation.
    How true, how true. You will never catch NYC people telling each other to clean up their own acts. That's the creed of the utopia generation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday The 13th: Part MMXXXX: Jason is Hitting Zero! : jim, I applaud your spirited defense of the Bronx. Every city, large and small, has it's run down areas where more crime occurs. One poster made a crack about Charlotte, NC being boring and BaseballGM and now amp turn it into an opportunity to rip NYC. Why not just defend Charlotte as a fine city with much to offer? This has nothing to do with NYC. Some posters only know how to respond to childish attacks with childish attacks of their own. I expect this from BaseballGM/softlaw. I am surprised amp joined in because he usually displays much more humanity. Personally, I am a small town guy and that is my preference. But I don't attack any city that people choose to live in. There is good and bad everywhere. 
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Yours is a perfectly reasonable position.  I have dog dog in the Bronx fight.  I just hate when people make generalizations from a position of ignorance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Don't look now, but Vtek is up to .074 now!

Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I was so happy for Jason on that first hit of the season. I'm sorry, that was his second hit. The good news is that DiceK is taking Gordon Edes to task for being anti-Asian hater. Way to go, DiceK, 100% credit to you!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]No, 2010 was largely an academic season and 2011 hasn't been divided equally enough to pretend he's the cause of .667 ball. Get real.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

GM,

I read your posts and agree sometimes but what on earth do you mean by last season being an "academic season". Explain please as this makes little sense to my little grey cells. How much more than a 33 game sample is good enough of a barometer to figure out Tek still knows how to handle a pitching staff. It's a large enough sample for most.

Hetchinspete.

Sections
Shortcuts