Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays

This will certainly be the last inning for Price. We should get a shot against their pen for three innings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just logged on. Not going so well, Miller not as good tonight. I feared as much. The Sox may lose this series, but I don't think they'll lose a whole lot of ground because I think they Yankees may struggle on their trip. The Rays could be the big gainers, I was hoping the Sox could sweep them and put them out of their misery. No such luck yet tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Thats all she wrote! Kotchman, geez!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well, I guess that pretty much does it.  Not that I am giving up , mind you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Not fair.  TB HR's are multi run, Sox are solos.

Kotchman may have iced the game there, unless Sox break out with a typical 6-run inning soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

That stings a little.  Why the quick hook for Aceves?  The dude could easily of gone 5.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays:
    [QUOTE]This will certainly be the last inning for Price. We should get a shot against their pen for three innings.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE] Not with Dan home run Wheeler.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays : Allowing Miller to start was a mistake. Saw this coming when I saw the pitching matchup.
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]
    That is what the injuries will do. Tomorrow not looking too good either, Shields vs. Lackey. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i would say this one is over just like the andrew miller experiment. Same problems as last before. Loses confidence, doesn't throw strikes, walks a ton of batters. I would say send him down and if someone claims him so be it. If he opts out, so be it. Its not like he will be a huge loss and its not like we gave up much to get him. Theo needs to step up his level of urgency to trade for a starter. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

hard to believe that ells and pedy have 12 hrs and youk has 13!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

Wheeler's entrance is usually my sign to exit, that's 5 dingers that he has given up this year in how many innings?  Ouch.  The Rays have owned us going back the last 3 yrs.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Probably should of pinch hit Reddick.  Then again let's get all the shitty managing out of terry's system tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Casey bleepen  Kotchman 4 homeruns and two of them are against us. The guy suck## with us.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

[QUOTE]hard to believe that ells and pedy have 12 hrs and youk has 13!
    Posted by canetime[/QUOTE]

that's a great point, when oh when is Youk gonna start crushing again?  seems like it has been quite some time...imagine the roll we could get on again if JD, Youk, & Pedey went on a tear, of course that's a pretty big IF w/ Drew.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If Lackey is what he was his last start, and if Beckett is not hurt too bad, the Sox could still win this series, but man those are big if's--especially the first one. I'm resigned to losing 2 in this series, and hope we don't get swept. I can't even convey how much I loathe the Rays, sometimes more than the Yankees I think. If the Sox don't get this rotation put back together soon, what we've seen tonight is going to be the norm in the second half. That's frightening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

SCUT around the bases!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Yay.  Multi run HR finally.

Top of the lineup now...  let's see 6 2-out runs, that will be neat.

Go Sox !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]ya i would say this one is over just like the andrew miller experiment. Same problems as last before. Loses confidence, doesn't throw strikes, walks a ton of batters. I would say send him down and if someone claims him so be it. If he opts out, so be it. Its not like he will be a huge loss and its not like we gave up much to get him. Theo needs to step up his level of urgency to trade for a starter. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

TOo arly to give up on Miller.

Four good or decent games ... one bad one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Can't look at strike 3 Ells

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

7-1 toronto 9th

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Can't look at strike 3 Ells
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

You mean Can't look at "strike" 3 Ells. Looked outside to me. Coming back to win this game and shut those STUPID cow bells up would be the win of the year to me, better than what they did to CC in NY.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]7-1 toronto 9th
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I figured the Yanks would have a rough patch on this road trip. The worry is the Sox may run into the same between this rotation and Ortiz' suspension issue. Which, benefits the stupid Rays that I loathe as I loathe all things evil.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays : TOo arly to give up on Miller. Four good or decent games ... one bad one.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    Yaz, I think you are giving Miller a little too much credit. Coming in to this game , he was 3-0, with  a good  ERA, but he was shaky in all his starts. To his credit, he was able to battle and escape the big inning, but he was always in pitch count trouble and always having trouble throwing strikes.  Too many baserunners.  His velocity was nowhere near what had been advertised. You cannot walk the tightrope forever. I don't think his implosion tonight was much of a surprise.

Sections
Shortcuts