2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays

Nice play Gonzo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays:
    [QUOTE]7-1 toronto 9th
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    The Yankees have their own pitching issues. They have got to be concerned about Colon and Garcia. They over-achieved in the first half.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays : The Yankees have their own pitching issues. They have got to be concerned about Colon and Garcia. They over-achieved in the first half.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

ya burnetts been better this year, but not much. the wheels are coming of colon. nyy only had 4 hits thur 8.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays : Yeah, I'm not surprised. I figured the Yanks would have a rough patch on this road trip. The worry is the Sox may run into the same between this rotation and Ortiz' suspension issue. Which, benefits the stupid Rays that I loathe as I loathe all things evil.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

even without ortiz, i dont see baltimore being much of an issue, Examiner

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]circus tent for a baseball stadium
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. Everything about that team is a big joke. The cow bells, the crappy stadium, fans that don't show up, turf that looks like carpet that was put down in the 70's, and the endless conveyor belt of "great young and talented players farmed by a class organization" that can't wait to get the heck out of there as soon as they hit free agency. Longoria is going to be hatin' life for locking himself in there so long at so young an age.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays : Yaz, I think you are giving Miller a little too much credit. Coming in to this game , he was 3-0, with  a good  ERA, but he was shaky in all his starts. To his credit, he was able to battle and escape the big inning, but he was always in pitch count trouble and always having trouble throwing strikes.  Too many baserunners.  His velocity was nowhere near what had been advertised. You cannot walk the tightrope forever. I don't think his implosion tonight was much of a surprise.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Shaky but got it done.  How many times have we seen guys buckle and never get it done?

Everyone knows he a project.  Implosion isn't a foregone conclusion.  Not much of a surprise, ok.  But no reason to wash out the progress and give credit for getting it done and NOT stepping on the land mines before.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice Pedey....I hope youk was taking notes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

come on gonzo
    single here

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays : I couldn't agree more. Everything about that team is a big joke. The cow bells, the crappy stadium, fans that don't show up, turf that looks like carpet that was put down in the 70's, and the endless conveyor belt of "great young and talented players farmed by a class organization" that can't wait to get the heck out of there as soon as they hit free agency. Longoria is going to be hatin' life for locking himself in there so long at so young an age.

my brother and nephew went to the trop. said they both left with killer headaches from the cow bells. said there was so much other crap going on,  it felt like a minor league game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Gonzo in a post derby slump?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Yanks Lose!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What's up with the Ad flashing over the Score?  That's something new.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

That's it Youk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If Miller wasn't allowed to come out for the 3rd we would be winning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays : my brother and nephew went to the trop. said they both left with killer headaches from the cow bells. said there was so much other crap going on,  it felt like a minor league game.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Why does that not shock me? What you have down there are "fans" that really aren't baseball savvy, they don't have the understanding of the game--newbies. That's why the whole thing ends up looking juvenile and annoying. During the 08 alcs, the signs and placards in the stands were among the dumbest I've ever read at any ML baseball game. Minor league is exactly right! At least at NY we may hate what the signs by fans say about our team, but they are well thought and clever. Like "cowboy OUT" in 03. Maddening yes, but you have to give credit. Down there they have no idea. Go to the WS in 08, and have 16K fans showing up the next year. They don't deserve a team, and I hope mlb moves them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays : Shaky but got it done.  How many times have we seen guys buckle and never get it done? Everyone knows he a project.  Implosion isn't a foregone conclusion.  Not much of a surprise, ok.  But no reason to wash out the progress and give credit for getting it done and NOT stepping on the land mines before.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. The Sox are going to have to make a decision on him soon. I would like to see him start throwing harder , get some strikeouts and go a little deeper in games. Failing that, he might be better off in the pen.  His biggest problem seems to be his mechanics. Not unusual for a tall guy, like him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Putrid Ortiz

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

that hurts
    that was ball four

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Terrible at bat by Papi. Take the base on balls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]that hurts that was ball four
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

He half assed swings at balls 4 and 5.  Freaking Sad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

A little good news for me personally from my NL team. Brandon Phillips just hit a two out two run walk off HR. Reds 6, Cardinals 5. hahahaha Now more of the same for the Red Sox.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday's Game Thread:Red Sox at Rays : Why does that not shock me? What you have down there are "fans" that really aren't baseball savvy, they don't have the understanding of the game--newbies. That's why the whole thing ends up looking juvenile and annoying. During the 08 alcs, the signs and placards in the stands were among the dumbest I've ever read at any ML baseball game. Minor league is exactly right! At least at NY we may hate what the signs by fans say about our team, but they are well thought and clever. Like "cowboy OUT" in 03. Maddening yes, but you have to give credit. Down there they have no idea. Go to the WS in 08, and have 16K fans showing up the next year. They don't deserve a team, and I hope mlb moves them.

it was 07. they said there were more sox fans, no shock there. they were there for my nephews sporting event. they walked up to the window, bought a ticket for 13$, like they were going to the movies, free parking, they let you bring in your own food and DOGS! thats how deserate they were to fill the seats. florida has never been and never will be a baseball state

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Too deep a hole to climb out without the big bats of Gonzo and Papi chipping in.  Not happening today, seems like.

Only the bottom of the order left, with 3 outs to give.

Is Riddick hurt ?