From a Cardinal Fan....Good Luck to the Red Sox!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

From a Cardinal Fan....Good Luck to the Red Sox!

Not only the two winningest teams this year, but the two most loyal fan bases made it to the World Series this year.  From Cardinal Nation, good luck to the Sox and may the best team win!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: From a Cardinal Fan....Good Luck to the Red Sox!

In response to PrairieBayou's comment:

Not only the two winningest teams this year, but the two most loyal fan bases made it to the World Series this year.  From Cardinal Nation, good luck to the Sox and may the best team win!!!!!!

Congrats on your NL pennant and good luck to the Cards.

Should be a great series!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

good luck but I hope we win

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

good luck but I hope we win

The feeling is mutual!!!!!!LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Lots of respect for the Cardinals organization. Well run franchise and certainly deserving to compete for Championship. Best of luck, but were gonna winWink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

good stuff and may the best team win.

however the chips land should be a fun and well played series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I had no trouble hating the Tigers. Miguel Cabrera alone made me want to vomit.

Can't say the same about St. Louis.

Difficult team to dislike. They lose greedy Pujols and never skip a beat.

Got to admire that!!! Proves it's a team game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Back at you PrairieBayou.  I hadn't watched much Cardinal ball this year 'til the NLCS.  Gotta say, you have one baaaaaad club.  Filthy and aggressive pitching, crisp mistake-free baseball, balance, depth.  Its going to be a challenging, and very entertaining series methinks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

was much easier to hate when larussa was there.  i would guess 10 or 15 minutes of buck and mccarver waxing poetic will be enough to fuel the hate.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Related note:  Another nail in the coffin of the ludicrous megacontract - One of the compensatory pieces in the Pujols loss was Wacha ... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I always admired the StL fan base.  No matter what happened, they always showed up.  StL is one of the reasons why I am less than sympathetic to other fan bases.  You want a better payroll, then buy tickets like the RS and StL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

The winner will be the first team with 3 WS titles this century.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

The winner will be the first team with 3 WS titles this century.

So true!!!!  Didn't think about that!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

In response to RedBirds2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I go back to 1946 WS, where Cardinals came back from 3-2 and won it 7 games. In 1967, the great Bob Gibson beat the Red Sox in Fenway Park in Game 7. Of course, in 2004, Red Sox swept the series in 4 games.

Cardinals hold the 2-1 advantage in WS matchups.

Cardinals have 11 World Titles 

Red Sox have  7 World Titles

Cardinals last won the World Title in 2011

Red Sox last won the World Title in 2007

2013 Cardinals budget  $116,702,085 (11th out of 30 MLB teams)

2013 Red Sox budget  $158,967,286 (4th out of 30 MLB teams)

Great contrast of two different regions and cultures. The great city of St. Louis in the heart of the midwest with old American values, and the old city of Boston in the urban northeast with new untried American values.

The Cardinals with the long-standing great farm system and value driven approach to winning more with less, and the Red Sox with the recently improved farm system and the high budget approach win with more.

The Cardinals with a loyal fanbase that are the most well versed baseball fans who love baseball for the game itself, and the Red Sox pink hat and Yuppie fanbase with a lot of transplanted bandwagon fans that come and go.  

While the Cardinals are the proven superior organization, both all-time and recently, this series should resemble something closer to the 1946 and 1967 series, than it does to the 2004 Red Sox sweep.

I saw the thread about the Red Sox fans expecting a sweep. I don't see it that way. 

I see the soft-headed one is back already...I imagine Dottie will take care of this rather quickly 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

Fellow Cardinal fan, might I remind you that you are an opposing team's forum and urge to be a a polite guest.  Not that anything you said was totally insulting, but the undertones were there!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Very nice gesture Prairie.   Thank you and good luck to the Cards.

I think it's going to be a very well-matched, intense, and nerve-wracking series.  It should be a lot of fun!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Fellow Cardinal fan, might I remind you that you are an opposing team's forum and urge to be a a polite guest.  Not that anything you said was totally insulting, but the undertones were there!!

Meet Softlaw. He is a "red sox" fan who's sole joy in life is to bash the players, GM, coaches and the organization in general. He got banned this morning and has taken up a new username.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Thought trolls were just a STLtoday phenom....guess they are everywhere!!!!lol

Meet Softlaw. He is a "red sox" fan who's sole joy in life is to bash the players, GM, coaches and the organization in general. He got banned this morning and has taken up a new username.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Thought trolls were just a STLtoday phenom....guess they are everywhere!!!!lol

there are lots of losers out there with nothing better to do.......

unfortunately this forum has some pretty asanine and truly disturbing trolls..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Difficult team to dislike? No, trust me, its not. Ive done it with manifold reasons for years, with no end in sight. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think some of us got so caught up with a Boston/LAD world series because of the big trade last year we forgot how awesome a St. Louis/Boston series can be.

If we played 10, 7 game series consecutively we might each win 5 series.  Very similar teams built more around overall talent and depth than MVPish star power. 

Im excited

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I go back to 1946 WS, where Cardinals came back from 3-2 and won it 7 games. In 1967, the great Bob Gibson beat the Red Sox in Fenway Park in Game 7. Of course, in 2004, Red Sox swept the series in 4 games.

Cardinals hold the 2-1 advantage in WS matchups.

Cardinals have 11 World Titles 

Red Sox have  7 World Titles

Cardinals last won the World Title in 2011

Red Sox last won the World Title in 2007

2013 Cardinals budget  $116,702,085 (11th out of 30 MLB teams)

2013 Red Sox budget  $158,967,286 (4th out of 30 MLB teams)

Great contrast of two different regions and cultures. The great city of St. Louis in the heart of the midwest with old American values, and the old city of Boston in the urban northeast with new untried American values.

The Cardinals with the long-standing great farm system and value driven approach to winning more with less, and the Red Sox with the recently improved farm system and the high budget approach win with more.

The Cardinals with a loyal fanbase that are the most well versed baseball fans who love baseball for the game itself, and the Red Sox pink hat and Yuppie fanbase with a lot of transplanted bandwagon fans that come and go.  

While the Cardinals are the proven superior organization, both all-time and recently, this series should resemble something closer to the 1946 and 1967 series, than it does to the 2004 Red Sox sweep.

I saw the thread about the Red Sox fans expecting a sweep. I don't see it that way. 

Pike, why do you bother with this garbage?

Sections
Shortcuts