From a Cardinal Fan....Good Luck to the Red Sox!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Re: From a Cardinal Fan....Good Luck to the Red Sox!

The Cards are a great organization.  And their fans have every reason to be passionate as heck for them.  They are the model of the NL.

I hope for a great series between two old-school, historic, legendary franchises with a great WS history between them: '46, '67, '04, and now 2013.

But, alas...go Sox!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RedBirds2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I go back to 1946 WS, where Cardinals came back from 3-2 and won it 7 games. In 1967, the great Bob Gibson beat the Red Sox in Fenway Park in Game 7. Of course, in 2004, Red Sox swept the series in 4 games.

Cardinals hold the 2-1 advantage in WS matchups.

Cardinals have 11 World Titles 

Red Sox have  7 World Titles

Cardinals last won the World Title in 2011

Red Sox last won the World Title in 2007

2013 Cardinals budget  $116,702,085 (11th out of 30 MLB teams)

2013 Red Sox budget  $158,967,286 (4th out of 30 MLB teams)

Great contrast of two different regions and cultures. The great city of St. Louis in the heart of the midwest with old American values, and the old city of Boston in the urban northeast with new untried American values.

The Cardinals with the long-standing great farm system and value driven approach to winning more with less, and the Red Sox with the recently improved farm system and the high budget approach win with more.

The Cardinals with a loyal fanbase that are the most well versed baseball fans who love baseball for the game itself, and the Red Sox pink hat and Yuppie fanbase with a lot of transplanted bandwagon fans that come and go.  

While the Cardinals are the proven superior organization, both all-time and recently, this series should resemble something closer to the 1946 and 1967 series, than it does to the 2004 Red Sox sweep.

I saw the thread about the Red Sox fans expecting a sweep. I don't see it that way. 

[/QUOTE]

Pike, why do you bother with this garbage?

[/QUOTE]

Pike you say? and here I thought that redtube2013 was just another troll coming into our forum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

In response to Chicagofire's comment:

In response to PrairieBayou's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rock Band or the horse?

[/QUOTE]

Actually, the river the band and horse are named after near the family farm in Arkansas

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

To my Red Bird friends....  good luck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I thought this was a thread started by redbirds2013, I mean softy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]

Not only the two winningest teams this year, but the two most loyal fan bases made it to the World Series this year.  From Cardinal Nation, good luck to the Sox and may the best team win!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Welcome aboard, PB. Gotta admit,  I was  rooting for the Dodgers simply because I felt they were more beatable. You guys scare me.

Hope you'll hang around for the Series ... it's good to have  cool fans  from the other side.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Classy post from a visiting opponent....nice to see! Back atcha PrairieBayou! Should be a great series. I admit to having felt relief over not having to face that Dodgers monstrosity of a team, but it was short lived as I realize how well balanced and dangerous those Cards are. Lord knows I REALLY want to win game 1. This is not a team to allow a lead to. I don't trust those bastards....Haha! Just joshing ya PrairieBayou!! It's always a great pleasure of mine to welcome opposing team visitors who display decorum and class, such as yourself, to the board. Heck, we even welcome that scoundrel Pinstripezac and other Yankee fans here. Now THAT's tolerance!!   Tongue Out

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Looks like Softy/RedsoxFireman/RedBirds got banned again.  Seriously......what a freak.... for real. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like Softy/RedsoxFireman/RedBirds got banned again.  Seriously......what a freak.... for real. 

[/QUOTE]

i am guessing he has aspergers or some other form of autism or severe compulsive disorder.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i am guessing he has aspergers or some other form of autism or severe compulsive disorder.....

[/QUOTE]

He must.....I really think he's turning into a 'forum stalker' if there is such a thing.  It's getting creepy....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Cards are a good team but the sox will win in 6 maybe 7 :0)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PrairieBayou. Show PrairieBayou's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought this was a thread started by redbirds2013, I mean softy.

[/QUOTE]

Nope, started by some ole boy from the Heartland, miles away from any ocean or any famous 26.2 mile roadrace!  Looking forward to tomorrow!  It is gonna be a fun series for both sets of fans! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's back as mountvernonclosed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The 2 best teams going at it; should make for a good WS.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good luck until 8:07 pm, 10/23/13.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

Not only the two winningest teams this year, but the two most loyal fan bases made it to the World Series this year.  From Cardinal Nation, good luck to the Sox and may the best team win!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

PB, 

Thank you for the nice email to Boston Dot Com. I know who has the best team, THE RED SOX. Just pulling your leg. Both teams are great and evenly matched. We're looking forward to a great series, probably seven games right down to the wire.

Cheers,

Hetch 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Slasher, 

No need to over analize. Let's just simplify the issue. In Softy-Fireman-Redbird- Whatever we are just dealing with an IDIOT !!

Cheers, 

Hetch

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Idiot would justify your battle or would it? Shouldn't we feel sorry for the mentally challenged?

But if he is trolling then why fall for the bait? That would make you the idiot?

[/QUOTE]

Again Softy??

Tick Tock....Tick Tock...Tick Tock.... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Idiot would justify your battle or would it? Shouldn't we feel sorry for the mentally challenged?

But if he is trolling then why fall for the bait? That would make you the idiot?

[/QUOTE]

Again Softy??

Tick Tock....Tick Tock...Tick Tock.... 

[/QUOTE]

Not his style; try Pike

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RedBirds2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fellow Cardinal fan, might I remind you that you are an opposing team's forum and urge to be a a polite guest.  Not that anything you said was totally insulting, but the undertones were there!!

[/QUOTE]

Wow. You should definitely stick around. We need more of that sentiment here.

Lovely post you made btw. I'm sure it's going to be nail-biting, which is really exciting/scary, but I already made a thread about how we beat the Cardinals in the WS. Sorry. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classy gesture, redbirdman.  Since I've been following the Red Sox so closely, I haven't had time to peek in on the Cards.  I expect to learn a lot about them in the coming week.  Please stop by and provide some insights during the series.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good to have you here. What I like most about the Card's are there fans. In 2004 they stood and cheered at the conclusion of game 4. Since then I hoped they would represent the NL every year in the WS.

I don't see anything close to a repeat of that series. As much as I want the Sox to beat the Card's losing to them wouldn't sting a bit. You guys represent what a real fan base should be. All of us here could and should take notice and learn from you.

Enjoy the series.

Sections
Shortcuts