FROM A FAN'S PERSPECTIVE "IMPORTANT"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

FROM A FAN'S PERSPECTIVE "IMPORTANT"

I’m embarrassed to be a Red Sox fan. As fans, we have spent countless hours (not to mention dollars) tuning into the ball games on TV or filling the seats at Fenway Park. In fact, I believe that every home game has been sold out since 2003. Our loyalty is unquestionable. All Red Sox fans should be embarrassed in light of the recent collapse.

With the exception of Pede, Els, Paps, Aceves and maybe Agon, the other players on this team should be ashamed of themselves. First and foremost, you let your loyal fans down. You don’t deserve us. You are ultimately responsible for perhaps the best manager in Red Sox history being fired. You let your other teammates down that were still giving 110% on the field in an effort to make the playoffs. I don’t have to point you out, you know who you are.  

And now some of you are considering running away, right Ortiz. What if all the fans decided to runaway instead? We certainly have a good reason to. After all, we didn’t let you down. We continued to fill the seats and tune into the games hoping our team would still make the playoffs. I don’t know about the other fans, but I feel like a fool.

Maybe we fans should become Yankee fans and we can root for you once again Ortiz. Of course that’s not going to happen because we will continue to support those players who I noted as exceptions above and didn’t throw in the towel. In fact Ortiz, your comment was arrogant and childish. I have lost all respect for you.

As for those players who can’t handle the “drama” and tough it out or publicly question the manager’s decisions or think that the clubhouse is a resort setting, please ask to be traded because you don’t deserve to be a part of this team.  

Oh, I looked up “fan” in the dictionary to make sure I understood my role as a fan. It defined a fan as an enthusiastic devotee. I can say with the utmost conviction that I have done my part as a fan. How many of you players can say the same as a player?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

Re: FROM A FAN'S PERSPECTIVE "IMPORTANT"

Good post. Like i said in my post yesterday, the joke is on us fans.. I would love to see the park empty next year... it wont be though, the 18 and 19 year olds will fill it again with the executives filling rows 1-10 as always... i think the fan base should boycotte the season and just watch them on TV... Stick it right to Henry!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: FROM A FAN'S PERSPECTIVE "IMPORTANT":
    [QUOTE]Good post. Like i said in my post yesterday, the joke is on us fans.. I would love to see the park empty next year... it wont be though, the 18 and 19 year olds will fill it again with the executives filling rows 1-10 as always... i think the fan base should boycotte the season and just watch them on TV... Stick it right to Henry!
    Posted by soxman16[/QUOTE]

Maybe if they stop playing Sweet Caroline in the 8th inning, the pinkhat 18-19 year olds will stop going too...but guess what, all this ownership wants is fannys in the seats, whether the team wins or loses is secondary...although a collapse like this could end their XXX game consecutive sellout streak...fitting for the 100th anniversary of the archaic ballpark.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not embarrased at all. I wore my Sox shirt the day after we lost and several times since then. I'm proud to be a Sox fan and will love next year's team as much as this year's.

I hope you are right about one thing: some of these "Sox fans" switch to other teams. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Hey it takes all kinds; we are all Red Sox fans. But one thing I agree with, please get rid of "Saccharine Caroline". Enough already. I nominate "American Pie" as the 7th inning stretch song for 2012.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Hey it takes all kinds; we are all Red Sox fans. But one thing I agree with, please get rid of "Saccharine Caroline". Enough already. I nominate "American Pie" as the 7th inning stretch song for 2012.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Tell me futbal where did you ever come up with these witty player nicknames? I bet from the other kids at recess right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Dawg, I'm changing my song nomination to "You've Got A Friend." Or if you prefer, "You'll Never Walk Alone," a very nice show tune from the Broadway hit "Carousel".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to FROM A FAN'S PERSPECTIVE "IMPORTANT":
    [QUOTE]I’m embarrassed to be a Red Sox fan. As fans, we have spent countless hours (not to mention dollars) tuning into the ball games on TV or filling the seats at Fenway Park. In fact, I believe that every home game has been sold out since 2003. Our loyalty is unquestionable. All Red Sox fans should be embarrassed in light of the recent collapse.   With the exception of Pede, Els, Paps, Aceves and maybe Agon, the other players on this team should be ashamed of themselves. First and foremost, you let your loyal fans down. You don’t deserve us. You are ultimately responsible for perhaps the best manager in Red Sox history being fired. You let your other teammates down that were still giving 110% on the field in an effort to make the playoffs. I don’t have to point you out, you know who you are.     And now some of you are considering running away, right Ortiz. What if all the fans decided to runaway instead? We certainly have a good reason to. After all, we didn’t let you down. We continued to fill the seats and tune into the games hoping our team would still make the playoffs. I don’t know about the other fans, but I feel like a fool.   Maybe we fans should become Yankee fans and we can root for you once again Ortiz. Of course that’s not going to happen because we will continue to support those players who I noted as exceptions above and didn’t throw in the towel. In fact Ortiz, your comment was arrogant and childish. I have lost all respect for you.   As for those players who can’t handle the “drama” and tough it out or publicly question the manager’s decisions or think that the clubhouse is a resort setting, please ask to be traded because you don’t deserve to be a part of this team.     Oh, I looked up “fan” in the dictionary to make sure I understood my role as a fan. It defined a fan as an enthusiastic devotee. I can say with the utmost conviction that I have done my part as a fan. How many of you players can say the same as a player?
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg[/QUOTE]

Embarrassed to be a Red Sox fan? All Red Sox fans should be embarrassed in light of the recent collapse. Those are very strong statements. Of which you are certainly ENTITLED to have lifelong. Ah, and there it is. ENTITLEMENT. I think that is the real problem here. Fans, and players became to think the playoffs were entitled to them. Well, how quickly the Fans have forgotten that the Red Sox, not only broke the curse in 2004 by winning the World Series, but did it again in 2007.

Look how great Boston fans have had it over the last 10 years. The Pats, the Celtics, the Red Sox and yes, the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins. All won titles within the last 10 yrs. How great is that? I am not embarrassed about that.  

So, the Red Sox did not make the playoffs. Did you ever think, that maybe it will end up being a good thing they didn't. For if they had, then maybe much of this embarrassment they caused you as a fan would not have come to light. Which would have only continued to stew with no correction.

I am not embarrassed for I did nothing wrong. If anyone should be embarrassed it should be the players and the organization, not us fans. I currently live in TX and I proudly were my Red Sox cap everyday. And I still route for Victor and Adrian. 2 players we should have resigned(neither here nor there).

We have all made mistakes, poor choices in life, and hopefully we have all learned from them. And the same can be said for the Sox. Hopefully, many have seen the error in their ways. And for the ones who have not, perhaps maybe it is time they not dawn a Sox uniform in 2012.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am sure the Sox will continue down the Yankee Road and purchase a couple of pricy presents for our team this x-mas. Maybe Pujols, Wilson, and Fielder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

To moonslav59 - I have invested 30 years of high strung emotions into this team, and for the first time ever I actually don't like what I see in this organization. I am as much a fan as you and I would appreciate your ceasing to critisize people like me as "non-fans" because that is bull.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg1. Show lifelongsoxdawg1's posts

I second that opinion. In fact, I suspect that both of us have been Red Sox fans much longer than you Moonslav. I'm 61 now and I have been a Sox fan since I was 9 years old,(52 years now) so, I also resent you lecturing to me about not being a loyal fan. I have earned the right to be critical of the players who let us down over the past season. I had seasons tickets a Fenway for many years before moving to Arizona. On a positive note, Perhaps you can share with us examples of your loyalty to the team instead of being critical of other fans.

[QUOTE]To moonslav59 - I have invested 30 years of high strung emotions into this team, and for the first time ever I actually don't like what I see in this organization. I am as much a fan as you and I would appreciate your ceasing to critisize people like me as "non-fans" because that is bull.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Hats off to the fans like Burrito and lifelong who along with myself voice their opinions. As fans we have every right to say what we feel. You don't have to agree with our opinions just like we don't have to agree with others stated. But to be critical of ones opinions is unfair.

Burrito. I hope the Sox don't continue down Yankee way. I hope this is the wake up call they needed. They don't need more high salary guys, but more players with grit, humor, hustle and heart. TEAM. Guys like Pedroia, Guys like Damon, Guys like Bill Mueller, Guys like Ells, Guys like Dave Roberts. This is the Red Sox way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I agree - lets for the sake of it say the Sox go and offer Pujols 250 million and he takes it - I don't want that, just like I didn't want Crawford. It isn't that Crawford or Pujols are not terrific but for those types of salaries, forget it. 

Now if our team did not already have one of the best 1 thru 5 in MLB than yes you have to make that one big splash - but like the Yankees it would seem we are making numerous BiG splashes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

What amazes me burrito are the ones who want to get rid of Ells. They fear how much it will cost in a few years to keep him. Why worry about that now. Don't we won't guys like Ells on the team for a long time. He can hit, he can run, he can field, he can steal bases.

Isn't it the goal to bring up young talent and keep it in Boston?

I don't want more high salaries in Boston either. That system works for the Yanks. Always has and always will. Boston had their own system and they got derailed. Time to get back on track. Time to start playing some youth. Time to let the old sox go.

Sections
Shortcuts