From our GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: From our GM

I find it amazing that anyone would possbily care what Cherington said to the media.  About anything.

What he says to reporters means nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I find it amazing that anyone would possbily care what Cherington said to the media.  About anything.

[/QUOTE]

I've never listened or read anything.  Unless it is a specific incident, like it was with Manny or Posada, etc.  They won't tell us anything we don't already know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

crybaby? whiner?  OK....but at least bootlicker is creative.....please up your insult game polyyannas....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed - what Ben (and most GMs) say to the media is not very enlightening, except for when Ben slipped up and started talking about his strategy in hiring a new manager, prior to Bobby V being fired, LOL.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Agreed - what Ben (and most GMs) say to the media is not very enlightening, except for when Ben slipped up and started talking about his strategy in hiring a new manager, prior to Bobby V being fired, LOL.  

[/QUOTE] says the man without a hint of sarcasm/irony about a GM who engineered a 69 win season - the worst since the moon landings....

Ben's winning plan is so top secret, it is uknown even to him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"We’ve been trying to add to the team without trying to take away from the team and keeping our core young talent in place so hopefully we’ve made some steps toward that,” he said. “We still have some more work to do. Clearly we’ve got to add some more things and we’ll have the rest of the winter to do that. I guess it was productive. We learned a lot and got a couple of things done.”

Ben is just rife with widsom and profundity. A man who knows what to do and how to do it.

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

This is so obvious. He's saying he's not willing to give away our young players for other players that aren't that great. Why would he in a bad FA market? As far as learning some things, it may just be giving away talent in rash decisions that turn out to come back and bite the team. Time and time again.

How many more threads are you going to start saying the same things that fail to understand what is actually being said? I've never seen a person hate a team so much and still be a fan of that team. As I've said before, I don't believe you're a fan of the team, and I don't believe you have one screenname.

When are moderators going to try to eliminate the multiple ids with all of their idiotic threads? Here's a clue, the west coast seems to be a theme. The place where they don't even care about baseball except online on other teams' boards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"We’ve been trying to add to the team without trying to take away from the team and keeping our core young talent in place so hopefully we’ve made some steps toward that,” he said. â€ÂÂÂœWe still have some more work to do. Clearly we’ve got to add some more things and we’ll have the rest of the winter to do that. I guess it was productive. We learned a lot and got a couple of things done.”

Ben is just rife with widsom and profundity. A man who knows what to do and how to do it.

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, coming from you, ironic barbs about someone's lack of wisdom is, well, ironic.

[/QUOTE]

Please tell me how a man of 37 can be wise? His statements are either platitudes, or talking points and he has clearly shown a lack of player evaluation skills. I honestly think Bill James is calling the shots on these horrid acquisitions.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it is certainly worth debating the merits of these off-season moves.  i do not like the dempster signing at all.  And they paid an awful lot of dough out just to mainatin flexibility and farm in this weak free-agent year.  Fine.

But, what I am driving at, is:  they clearly have a plan, which Cherrington is executing.  It may not be the one you want.  But, this is where the irony is in your irony.  In the rare times when you offer anything other than just b*&ching, your ideas are generally out of touch and completely lacking in wisdom.  So, while, as I have already stated, there may have been other better pick-ups out there, it is completely ludicrous when you call BC out in such absolute terms.  Its a joke.

[/QUOTE]

If Ben has a plan, it would be nice to know exactly what it is. I think he has an obligation to explain these head-scratching moves to the fans, don't you?

[/QUOTE]

Theres your problem. He not obligated to explain his plan to you. He says what he likes about each signing and what value he sees they bring to the team. Is that not an explanation? Hes done this with SV, MN, JG, DR, and KU...

As far as his overall plan in detail? Why would he give that away? So other GM's know what hes doing? Not smart. BC has said what the big goal of this team is many times without going into great detail and his actions have backed his words up perfectly.