From our GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

From our GM

"We’ve been trying to add to the team without trying to take away from the team and keeping our core young talent in place so hopefully we’ve made some steps toward that,” he said. “We still have some more work to do. Clearly we’ve got to add some more things and we’ll have the rest of the winter to do that. I guess it was productive. We learned a lot and got a couple of things done.”

Ben is just rife with widsom and profundity. A man who knows what to do and how to do it.

A clear visionary!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: From our GM

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"We’ve been trying to add to the team without trying to take away from the team and keeping our core young talent in place so hopefully we’ve made some steps toward that,” he said. “We still have some more work to do. Clearly we’ve got to add some more things and we’ll have the rest of the winter to do that. I guess it was productive. We learned a lot and got a couple of things done.”

Ben is just rife with widsom and profundity. A man who knows what to do and how to do it.

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, coming from you, ironic barbs about someone's lack of wisdom is, well, ironic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

crybaby

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox are a better team.  But not better enough.  Even if the team stays healthy and drama-free (no snitching, no beer and no fried chicken), I see the them as an 84-78 team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, coming from you, ironic barbs about someone's lack of wisdom is, well, ironic.

[/QUOTE]

Please tell me how a man of 37 can be wise? His statements are either platitudes, or talking points and he has clearly shown a lack of player evaluation skills. I honestly think Bill James is calling the shots on these horrid acquisitions.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

Do you ever stop whining?  Seriously, you must be one of the most miserable people I have ever seen post in here.  If the Red Sox are causing you so much grief that you spend the day complaining about every, single thing the Red Sox have done, for years on end, don't you think you could find a more productive use of your time?

This is not a my-way-or-the-highway pinkhatter get out thing, but why are you here if they are making you so miserable?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Boston Red Sox have made me miserable.  But Tom Brady and the Patriots cheer me up.  LOL

199th pick in the 6th round, Tom Brady will soon win his fourth Super Bowl ring.  I hope they face the Giants again and finally beat them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carnie, criticizing other posters?

[/QUOTE]

Ike is a crybaby. You are a troll. I call 'em like I see 'em.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please tell me how a man of 37 can be wise? His statements are either platitudes, or talking points and he has clearly shown a lack of player evaluation skills. I honestly think Bill James is calling the shots on these horrid acquisitions.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it is certainly worth debating the merits of these off-season moves.  i do not like the dempster signing at all.  And they paid an awful lot of dough out just to mainatin flexibility and farm in this weak free-agent year.  Fine.

But, what I am driving at, is:  they clearly have a plan, which Cherrington is executing.  It may not be the one you want.  But, this is where the irony is in your irony.  In the rare times when you offer anything other than just b*&ching, your ideas are generally out of touch and completely lacking in wisdom.  So, while, as I have already stated, there may have been other better pick-ups out there, it is completely ludicrous when you call BC out in such absolute terms.  Its a joke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Any fan can get frustrated and lose patience with poor performance or what they perceive as bad signings and trades (and many of us have), but it pretty much means nothing when AllBileIke complains. If the Red Sox traded for Verlander and Giancarlo Stanton tomorrow, then Ben C would be a bum for not getting King Felix and Mike Trout as well.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

Do you ever stop whining?  Seriously, you must be one of the most miserable people I have ever seen post in here.  If the Red Sox are causing you so much grief that you spend the day complaining about every, single thing the Red Sox have done, for years on end, don't you think you could find a more productive use of your time?

This is not a my-way-or-the-highway pinkhatter get out thing, but why are you here if they are making you so miserable?

[/QUOTE]

Give him he'll Joe. So many here applaud the chronic complainers.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not even trying to give him grief.  It's just usually my point and always has been.  I just don't get the point in complaining 24/7.  You don't a move, state your case, discuss it, and move on.  Post a 'I told you so' next year if you want.  There is no point in starting new threads every day to re-create the same whine.  It's like going to the same pub, every single weekend, and complaining all night about how dead it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Carnie, criticizing other posters?

[/QUOTE]

Ike is a crybaby. You are a troll. I call 'em like I see 'em.

[/QUOTE]

carnie = ANV

Adds No Value

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, it is certainly worth debating the merits of these off-season moves.  i do not like the dempster signing at all.  And they paid an awful lot of dough out just to mainatin flexibility and farm in this weak free-agent year.  Fine.

But, what I am driving at, is:  they clearly have a plan, which Cherrington is executing.  It may not be the one you want.  But, this is where the irony is in your irony.  In the rare times when you offer anything other than just b*&ching, your ideas are generally out of touch and completely lacking in wisdom.  So, while, as I have already stated, there may have been other better pick-ups out there, it is completely ludicrous when you call BC out in such absolute terms.  Its a joke.

[/QUOTE]

If Ben has a plan, it would be nice to know exactly what it is. I think he has an obligation to explain these head-scratching moves to the fans, don't you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just to irritate the hell out of you! You whine as much about me as you say I do about the FO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]  And he promised BILL-806 that a "BLOCKBUSTER" WAS/IS COMING !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"We’ve been trying to add to the team without trying to take away from the team and keeping our core young talent in place so hopefully we’ve made some steps toward that,” he said. â€ÂÂœWe still have some more work to do. Clearly we’ve got to add some more things and we’ll have the rest of the winter to do that. I guess it was productive. We learned a lot and got a couple of things done.”

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Ben has a plan, it would be nice to know exactly what it is. I think he has an obligation to explain these head-scratching moves to the fans, don't you?

[/QUOTE]

He has an obligation to put the best team on the field as possible, given the constrains ownership put on him.

He has no obligation to explain any strategies to you or any other fan.

In fact, it would be the height of stupidity to lay out the plan the Sox have for next year and the future.

You're just another attention junkie...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just to irritate the hell out of you! You whine as much about me as you say I do about the FO.

[/QUOTE]

That's not even remotely possible.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"We’ve been trying to add to the team without trying to take away from the team and keeping our core young talent in place so hopefully we’ve made some steps toward that,” he said. â€ÂÂœWe still have some more work to do. Clearly we’ve got to add some more things and we’ll have the rest of the winter to do that. I guess it was productive. We learned a lot and got a couple of things done.”

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose he doesn't feel the need to spell anything out beyond what he has been stating, since what he has been stating is exactly what they have been doing (excuse my BC paraphrasinghere):  

'We're not going to improve the short term at the expense of the long term':  check.  They haven't sold off any valuable prospects in blockbuster trade, and all the FAs they have signed have been short term (obviously, the reason for the overpays was to keep the years down).  And they didn't go long on years and giant dollars to lock up Grienke, sanchez, or Hamilton, thus tying up resouces for the future on such decidedly risky gambles.

'We want to look at more than stats in our signings, the totality of the palyer/person (ostensibly improving the much-maligned culture)'.  Check.  Gomes, Ross, Victorino all established leaders, clubhouse guys, gamers.  You cried 'chicken and beer' and 'pampered super stars' ad naseum for a year running.  Ben is addressing that.  

That pretty much sums it up.  And, he has summed it up just like that on at least a handful of occasions.

Now, you want to debate the merits of who he signed within that context?  Fine.  Like I said, I do not like the Dempster signing at all.  And, while i understand the overpays for Victorino and Napoli, I don't like the idea of shelling out giant overpay on a guy like Gomes, purely for his ' good culture' and intangible plusses, which I think he was signed for.

But the plan is clear.  If you don't comprehend what has been told to you explicitly by Ben himself, and even more explicitly in his actions, then you are actually the moron you accuse him of being.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A clear visionary!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose he doesn't feel the need to spell anything out beyond what he has been stating, since what he has been stating is exactly what they have been doing (excuse my BC paraphrasinghere):  

'We're not going to improve the short term at the expense of the long term':  check.  They haven't sold off any valuable prospects in blockbuster trade, and all the FAs they have signed have been short term (obviously, the reason for the overpays was to keep the years down).  And they didn't go long on years and giant dollars to lock up Grienke, sanchez, or Hamilton, thus tying up resouces for the future on such decidedly risky gambles.

'We want to look at more than stats in our signings, the totality of the palyer/person (ostensibly improving the much-maligned culture)'.  Check.  Gomes, Ross, Victorino all established leaders, clubhouse guys, gamers.  You cried 'chicken and beer' and 'pampered super stars' ad naseum for a year running.  Ben is addressing that.  

That pretty much sums it up.  And, he has summed it up just like that on at least a handful of occasions.

Now, you want to debate the merits of who he signed within that context?  Fine.  Like I said, I do not like the Dempster signing at all.  And, while i understand the overpays for Victorino and Napoli, I don't like the idea of shelling out giant overpay on a guy like Gomes, purely for his ' good culture' and intangible plusses, which I think he was signed for.

But the plan is clear.  If you don't comprehend what has been told to you explicitly by Ben himself, and even more explicitly in his actions, then you are actually the moron you accuse him of being.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts