From Worse To First And Back To Worse?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

From Worse To First And Back To Worse?

Anyone worried yet? Red Sox are 9-11 and not playing well at home! Losing tonight 4-0. I have noticed the Red Sox are committing more errors this season than last year. The defense has been terrible. The pitching recently has struggled. I think the Sox are in for a long long season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: From Worse To First And Back To Worse?

They definitely aren't playing like defending world series champions.  The pitching hasn't been very good.  It is still early but they have to start turning things around. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

They are not playing good baseball. No question.

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

They definitely aren't playing like defending world series champions.  The pitching hasn't been very good.  It is still early but they have to start turning things around. 

This team was put together with a Dollar Store mentality. You get what you don't pay for. Boston Bruins, best pro franchise in Boston. Anybody watching the SOX tonight and not the Bruins, should be ashamed of themselves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

To play GOOD baseball, one has to have GOOD players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

This team was put together with a Dollar Store mentality. You get what you don't pay for. Boston Bruins, best pro franchise in Boston. Anybody watching the SOX tonight and not the Bruins, should be ashamed of themselves.

I have 2 TV's believe me I know what's going on. But I still am  pis....Ed that the sox are getting pounded.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

We look PATHETIC right now!

Can Vic & Middy do enough to right this ship?

I'm really not so sure anymore??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Thank Re Sox management, like watching Patriots trolling for cheap vets

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

We look PATHETIC right now!

Can Vic & Middy do enough to right this ship?

I'm really not so sure anymore??

I doubt either will stay healthy long enough to make a difference. Also, neither is a starting pitcher.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Btw, the best run pro franchise in Boston is up 2-1 against the Red Wings. I'm convinced if the Bruins can get by Detroit, they will be in the finals again. By the time the Stanley Cup playoffs are over, the SOX s/b 10 games out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

During Spring training and after the off season fiasco, both in trades or FA, I started a thread titled " Sox Nation not concerned?."..I was crushed by short sighted  emotional fans that thought that this year was last year...this is going to get uglier by the day... What to do if I were Ben, trade two or three prospects, along with Buch and Wmb, and fill some  evident wholes!... Would also bring some fresh air from farm...lets hear the pundits

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Does anyone expect that Nava, Gomes, Carp, Aj etc can carry this team in the lower 5 slots of line up....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

During Spring training and after the off season fiasco, both in trades or FA, I started a thread titled " Sox Nation not concerned?."..I was crushed by short sighted  emotional fans that thought that this year was last year...this is going to get uglier by the day... What to do if I were Ben, trade two or three prospects, along with Buch and Wmb, and fill some  evident wholes!... Would also bring some fresh air from farm...lets hear the pundits

I disagree that the offseason was a fiasco.  But the team is off to a rough start alright.  Fans might just have to be patient this year and watch Bogaerts, Bradley and hopefully WMB develop.

I do agree that we probably need to trade some prospects for a bat at some point before next year.  Trading Buchholz might be a possibility but I'd much rather see him turn it around.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Btw, the best run pro franchise in Boston is up 2-1 against the Red Wings. I'm convinced if the Bruins can get by Detroit, they will be in the finals again. By the time the Stanley Cup playoffs are over, the SOX s/b 10 games out.

But who has won more championships the last 10 years - Sox or Bruins?  It's 3-1 Sox.  The Sox have won more titles the last 10 years than any of the other Boston teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

keep in mind we still have about 87% of our games left to play

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

Agree.  We definitely need some improvements to this team now rather than later.  If the Red Sox wait too long this team won't be able to turn things around, similar to what happened to them in many seasons in April in prior years. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm sorry, I want to see improvements too.  But suggesting we trade some of our best talent when their trade value is at a low is not smart....it's a panic move....champions don't panic.

We are 13% of the way through the season.  That is like 1 out in the top of the second, or week2 of the NFL.  Stop freaking out.  1 player isn't going to put us over the top, but if guys on are team turn it around we can.

If all else fails, BEN C. has about a 100 mil to play with offseason.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The starting pitching has been pretty good except for a couple hiccups. The bullpen is the best in the AL i believe.

no timely hits on offense and you have JBJ and Xander making a bunch of mistakes, which was expected....well, at least I expected it. Thats the main issues. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

FWIW...not every Sox fan is a Bruins fan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

IMO the pitching has been more than adequate.  it's the lack of hitting, lack of hitting with RISP more importantly that has us sub .500 right now.  i am hopeful this trend will reverse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 9h
    Jonny Gomes: “We played at a championship level all last year and that’s hard to duplicate. But we’re better than this.” #redsox

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 9h
    Looks like the #RedSox will call up a pitcher for Wed. Nava could be optioned or put on the DL. Then Victorino comes back Thursday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

FWIW...not every Sox fan is a Bruins fan.

I was a little over the top there.

Sections
Shortcuts