FUN WITH NUMBERS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

FUN WITH NUMBERS

Here are some player milestones being approached in the second half;
    HOMERUNS
     Alex Rodriguez; 631, with 5 HR's he passes Junior Griffey for 5th ALL-Time
     Jim Thome; 600, Thome needs just 5 more, and now that he's playing everyday, should get that about Aug 1st.
     Jason Giambi; 426, two more will tie him with Cub's Great Billy Williams. Giambi has hit 9 this year, and is getting more and more playing time, with only 84 AB's his ratio is pretty good, especially for a guy who's 40 years old.
    Paul Konerko; 400, he needs 13 to get to this vaunted address, projected about Sept 1st.
     Adrian Beltre; 300, only six to go for the former Red Sox third baseman.
     Jason Bay; 200, he's three away, seems like this guy should have more...
     Matt Holliday; 200, seven more, my money says Holliday gets there before Bay.
     Jason Varitek; 188, one more for the captain and three players will have 188, ALL CATCHERS, he'll join BJ Surhoff and Darrel Porter.
     Adrian Gonzales; 186, his next dinger ties him all time with the legendary Minnie Minoso, who pinch hit at age 50, after 12 years of retirement, to add to the legend, Minoso took 4 more years off and pinch hit again at age 54!
     Ryan Braun, Mark Reynolds; 150, Braun needs six, Reynolds needs 9, both are 27 years old, and are the emerging faces of todays Young Sluggers. Ryan Zimmerman at age 26 is on a similar pace with 120 thus far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Re: FUN WITH NUMBERS

In Response to FUN WITH NUMBERS:
    [QUOTE]Here are some player milestones being approached in the second half; HOMERUNS   Alex Rodriguez; 631 , with 5 HR's he passes Junior Griffey for 5th ALL-Time   Jim Thome; 600, Thome needs just 5 more, and now that he's playing everyday, should get that about Aug 1st.   Jason Giambi; 426 , two more will tie him with Cub's Great Billy Williams. Giambi has hit 9 this year, and is getting more and more playing time, with only 84 AB's his ratio is pretty good, especially for a guy who's 40 years old. Paul Konerko; 400, he needs 13 to get to this vaunted address, projected about Sept 1st.   Adrian Beltre; 300, only six to go for the former Red Sox third baseman.   Jason Bay; 200 , he's three away, seems like this guy should have more...   Matt Holliday; 200 , seven more, my money says Holliday gets there before Bay.   Jason Varitek; 188, one more for the captain and three players will have 188, ALL CATCHERS, he'll join BJ Surhoff and Darrel Porter.   Adrian Gonzales; 186, his next dinger ties him all time with the legendary Minnie Minoso, who pinch hit at age 50, after 12 years of retirement, to add to the legend, Minoso took 4 more years off and pinch hit again at age 54!   Ryan Braun, Mark Reynolds ; 150, Braun needs six, Reynolds needs 9, both are 27 years old, and are the emerging faces of todays Young Sluggers. Ryan Zimmerman at age 26 is on a similar pace with 120 thus far.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

BJ Surhoff played 5 seasons at catcher and 12 at other positions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Good fun, indeed, Youk.

This is a good part of what some of us loved about the game, the stats, the HRs, the chase ...

A-Rod seems to be slowing down.  Age and injuries, not name calling on my part, are big part of that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: FUN WITH NUMBERS:
    [QUOTE]Good fun, indeed, Youk. This is a good part of what some of us loved about the game, the stats, the HRs, the chase ...     A-Rod seems to be slowing down.  Age and injuries, not name calling on my part, are big part of that.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
     I dont have a sense that young fans care about the numbers anymore, maybe it's information overload, fantasy focus or some other ill. I suppose it's possible that I'm too out of touch with young fans too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Now that Derek Jeter has 3000, the next realistic  member of the club is Alex Rodriguez, who needs 238.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I think that projects to somewhere in the middle of the pennant run next season ... unless his leg injuries keep him down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In '63 Hank Aaron and Willie McCovey tied for the NL lead in homers with 44. Guess what numbers both players wore #44.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]   In '63 Hank Aaron and Willie McCovey tied for the NL lead in homers with 44. Guess what numbers both players wore #44.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]
     Great post AD!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Anything Aroid or Giambi does is in the context of a juicer. Thome has had a HOF career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

I heard there was some kind of celebration in the Bronx today, must of been celebrating Derek Jeter surpassing 6,000 outs recently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FUN WITH NUMBERS :  Great post AD!
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Anything Aroid or Giambi does is in the context of a juicer. Thome has had a HOF career.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]Because he never was caught. I don't buy for a second that we can say who did or didn't use, onlu who did or did not get caught. It is the great gray cloud of the era.

And while I don't like him, A-Rod is a much more prolific player in the context of history of the game than Jim Thome.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

More FUN WITH NUMBERS, I'm approaching 2000 posts, Harness, have you started the Youk watch yet??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Funny Youk ...

I was thinking of starting a thread, completely self-serving of course, of would SinceYaz reach 3,000 before Jeter ....

:o)

I guess not.