Funeral for 2012 - Happy New Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Funeral for 2012 - Happy New Year

With the help of my friend Dave Mustaine, 2012 wishes to say goodbye. And with its departure, let's hope it takes the sick mass murders, Mayan superstitions, meglomaniac despots, greedy corporate cowards, rarely correct meteorologists and those bodyguards of lies, US politicians with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=711OXriVz5g

My friends, I wish you all a safe, happy and healthy New Year. Let's hope we all survive the cliff which our dearest friends in DC wish to push us off. And we all have a great 2013. And may we meet in the 2013 ALCS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Funeral for 2012 - Happy New Year

The best of wishes for the new year, jesseyeric.

My Seattle Mariners hope to party like it's 2009 when newly acquired Jason Bay, Kendrys Morales and Raul Ibanez posted these numbers:

JB 103 R, 36 HR, 119 RBI, .267/.384/.537/.921

KM 86 R, 34 HR, 108 RBI, .306/.355/.569/.924

RI 93 R, 34 HR, 93 RBI, .272/.347/.552/.899

Unfortunately for the Mariners and their fans, it's 2013.

May our favorite teams bring us great joy in the new year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Have a good one Hill.  Not sure if the Mariners will make it a happy 2013. Be safe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Have a good one Hill.  Not sure if the Mariners will make it a happy 2013. Be safe.

Hope 2013 is better one for you, Jess and you'll be around here more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

good tune jess! happy new years everyone

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

let's hope it takes the sick mass murders, Mayan superstitions, meglomaniac despots, greedy corporate cowards, rarely correct meteorologists and those bodyguards of lies, US politicians with it.

Hopefully we've heard the last of Mayan prophecies for a while. As to the rest, one can only wish.

A very Happy New Year to you and yours, Jessey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Happy New Year everyone ... I guess we are gonna find out if cliff jumping   is a sport  or something far worse. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Happy New Year everyone!

26 in Hawaii today....

OK, that's celsius, but still........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The best of wishes for the new year, jesseyeric.

My Seattle Mariners hope to party like it's 2009 when newly acquired Jason Bay, Kendrys Morales and Raul Ibanez posted these numbers:

Unfortunately for the Mariners and their fans, it's 2013.

May our favorite teams bring us great joy in the new year.

Still jealous that Seattle got KM. I think that he will return to 2009!

Happy New Year, Hill!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Happy new year everyone. Well, everyone but softlaw that is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

carnie!  lol.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

A great song I have been fortunate enough to see Dave play live a few times...

Thanks Jessey, come around more. 

Happy new year to all, thanks for all the interesting discussions. I get way more out of this forum in all its messiness than I do from reading normal articles lol

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The Seattle party appears stuck on 2009 as the Mariners reportedly pursue Andre Ethier:

https://twitter.com/ProspectInsider/status/285892681572442112

... who can add his 2009 numbers to those of Jason Bay, Kendrys Morales and Raul Ibanez:

AE 93 R, 31 HR, 106 RBI, .272/.361/.508/.869

Again, unfortunately for the Mariners and their fans, it's 2013.

And, good gosh, Ethier's contract is frightening.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Happy new year to all, thanks for all the interesting discussions. I get way more out of this forum in all its messiness than I do from reading normal articles lol

your so lucky! i've been wanting to see them play for years now. i managed to see a metallica concert a few years ago and an iron maiden concert this summer. gotta move fast, pretty soon the pioneers of metal and thrash metal will be dragging oxygen tanks around on the stage..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

your so lucky! i've been wanting to see them play for years now. i managed to see a metallica concert a few years ago and an iron maiden concert this summer. gotta move fast, pretty soon the pioneers of metal and thrash metal will be dragging oxygen tanks around on the stage..

Like the Rolling Stones and The Who?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Like the Rolling Stones and The Who?

exactly

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

you should be honored to lose your hearing listening to the greatest band in the history of music.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I lost a good chunk of my hearing at a Who concert in Detroit back in the early 80's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

you should be honored to lose your hearing listening to the greatest band in the history of music.

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band in the history of music. And I've listened to all of them. It's too bad that somewhere along the line they turned rock music into pop music. There are no rock bands that compare to the bands of the past, and you have to wonder why we don't have bands like that anymore for the current generations that appreciate that music.

My guess is that pop music makes more money, and since all the record companies are run primarily by advertisers as are radio stations, we're probably going to look back for music forever and never really have bands that compare going forward. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band in the history of music. And I've listened to all of them. It's too bad that somewhere along the line they turned rock music into pop music. There are no rock bands that compare to the bands of the past, and you have to wonder why we don't have bands like that anymore for the current generations that appreciate that music.

My guess is that pop music makes more money, and since all the record companies are run primarily by advertisers as are radio stations, we're probably going to look back for music forever and never really have bands that compare going forward. 

I think U2 came closest to keeping "real Rock'n'Roll" alive, but agree. Rock is dead, and all that is left is Pop and pretenders.

I love Zep, and I know you will jump all over me for saying this, but after so many years, Robert Plant's vocals have become somewhat annoying. The Page-Bonham-Jones trio is certainly second to none. Personally, I'd give the nod to Entwistle/Moon rythym section over Jones/Bonham, but it's almost apples to oranges in many ways. 

As you know, my band from that era was The Who. That's where the "moon" in my moniker comes from. 

Long Live Rock!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

I think U2 came closest to keeping "real Rock'n'Roll" alive, but agree. Rock is dead, and all that is left is Pop and pretenders.

I love Zep, and I know you will jump all over me for saying this, but after so many years, Robert Plant's vocals have become somewhat annoying. The Page-Bonham-Jones trio is certainly second to none. Personally, I'd give the nod to Entwistle/Moon rythym section over Jones/Bonham, but it's almost apples to oranges in many ways. 

As you know, my band from that era was The Who. That's where the "moon" in my moniker comes from. 

Long Live Rock!

Moon's a rock fan. Who knew? Well, who are you..who, who who who. LOL I have to admit, I did not know that your name was because of Keith Moon. That's so cool. If you watch the Kennedy Center Honors they did the Who, I believe maybe last year. It was awesome. They do have some really great music. This year they did Led Zeppelin, and Moon's son was part of a band that was honoring them. That was so great, and you could tell that they adored him. I'm not sure how happy they were with Kid Rock, but it's a good show if you haven't seen it.

Just goes to show your impression of people may not be who they really are at heart. And, btw, Heart did Stairway to Heaven. lol I think I see you in a whole different light as a rock fan. IMO rock fans are inherently sensitive people. Just another side to you, Moon. :)

Sections
Shortcuts