Funeral for 2012 - Happy New Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Funeral for 2012 - Happy New Year

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you should be honored to lose your hearing listening to the greatest band in the history of music.

[/QUOTE]

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band in the history of music. And I've listened to all of them. It's too bad that somewhere along the line they turned rock music into pop music. There are no rock bands that compare to the bands of the past, and you have to wonder why we don't have bands like that anymore for the current generations that appreciate that music.

My guess is that pop music makes more money, and since all the record companies are run primarily by advertisers as are radio stations, we're probably going to look back for music forever and never really have bands that compare going forward. 

[/QUOTE]

thats debatable, but thats the great thing about music (just like sports) it has a plethora of opinions. My father is a huge Zep fan and i grew up listening to them but the moment my ears heard the thump of Lars Ulrichs kickers and a kirk hammett guitar solo i was hooked. Forget about the mind blowing experience that was learning who Cliff Burton was and that the Song "Anesthesia" was a bass solo.. I often wish i was born at least 15-20 years sooner so i could have seen them while they were in their prime. As well as the other staples of metal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

you should be honored to lose your hearing listening to the greatest band in the history of music.

[/QUOTE]

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band in the history of music. And I've listened to all of them. It's too bad that somewhere along the line they turned rock music into pop music. There are no rock bands that compare to the bands of the past, and you have to wonder why we don't have bands like that anymore for the current generations that appreciate that music.

My guess is that pop music makes more money, and since all the record companies are run primarily by advertisers as are radio stations, we're probably going to look back for music forever and never really have bands that compare going forward. 

[/QUOTE]

I think U2 came closest to keeping "real Rock'n'Roll" alive, but agree. Rock is dead, and all that is left is Pop and pretenders.

I love Zep, and I know you will jump all over me for saying this, but after so many years, Robert Plant's vocals have become somewhat annoying. The Page-Bonham-Jones trio is certainly second to none. Personally, I'd give the nod to Entwistle/Moon rythym section over Jones/Bonham, but it's almost apples to oranges in many ways. 

As you know, my band from that era was The Who. That's where the "moon" in my moniker comes from. 

Long Live Rock!

[/QUOTE]

Moon's a rock fan. Who knew? Well, who are you..who, who who who. LOL I have to admit, I did not know that your name was because of Keith Moon. That's so cool. If you watch the Kennedy Center Honors they did the Who, I believe maybe last year. It was awesome. They do have some really great music. This year they did Led Zeppelin, and Moon's son was part of a band that was honoring them. That was so great, and you could tell that they adored him. I'm not sure how happy they were with Kid Rock, but it's a good show if you haven't seen it.

Just goes to show your impression of people may not be who they really are at heart. And, btw, Heart did Stairway to Heaven. lol I think I see you in a whole different light as a rock fan. IMO rock fans are inherently sensitive people. Just another side to you, Moon. :)

[/QUOTE]

I love a lot of music, but grew up listening to rock, alternative rock, blues, and classical.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

As you know, my band from that era was The Who. That's where the "moon" in my moniker comes from. 

After Keith Moon passed out, a high school classmate of mine played the drums with The Who at a 1973 concert in San Francisco:

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/scot_halpin_drummer_keith_moon_1973

Greatest concert story ever told.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After Keith Moon passed out, a high school classmate of mine played the drums with The Who at a 1973 concert in San Francisco:

[/QUOTE]

Never heard this story. Thanks.

Everyone has heard of lead guitar; well, listen to Quadrophenia loudly and follow the "lead drum".

Amazing stuff!

After listening to Eminence Front tonight, I wondered if I should have used Entslav as my moniker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hear that Led Zeppelin had a difficult time getting off of the ground.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Happy New Year, Jess....A 5 day break from relentless work stress starting today is a very happy thang...Happy New Year to all on BDC....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never heard this story. Thanks.

Everyone has heard of lead guitar; well, listen to Quadrophenia loudly and follow the "lead drum".

Amazing stuff!

After listening to Eminence Front tonight, I wondered if I should have used Entslav as my moniker.

[/QUOTE]

Current-TV had a special on yesterday on the last hours of Keith Moon's life. Might be repeated. Check it out.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll look for it.