Future Power Hitter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Future Power Hitter?

If you are going to trade a few prospects to land a power Bat. I have a few names out there:

#1, Kris Bryant-3b (Cubs) 0.001% chance of landing him.

#2, Evan Longoria-3b (Rays) He would be a monster at Fenway Park and he is only 28 years old.

#3, Nolan Arenado-3b (Rockies) His power improving as time goes on.

#4, David Wright-3b(Mets)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Future Power Hitter?

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you are going to trade a few prospects to land a power Bat. I have a few names out there:

#2, Evan Longoria0-3b (Rays) He would be a monster at Fenway Park and he is only 25 years old.

[/QUOTE]

i don't think any of those teams want to trade any of them...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

#2, Evan Longoria0-3b (Rays) He would be a monster at Fenway Park and he is only 25 years old.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That depends on what we offer. Bryant you can forget. Longoria maybe cause he a Ray and you know they are a small market club.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That depends on what we offer. Bryant you can forget. Longoria maybe cause he a Ray and you know they are a small market club.

[/QUOTE]

BUT DIDN'T LONGORIA sign a long term contract for home town discount?  i think so..i think he's signed till 2023

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BUT DIDN'T LONGORIA sign a long term contract for home town discount?  i think so

[/QUOTE]

Yes but it the Rays. It would take a lot to land him. There is also Carlos Gonzalez of the Rockies same age as Longoria. However, Carlos is a lefty and we need a right handed batter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

David Wright could be a possibility, the rest forget it. Theo ain't giving Bryant up, Longoroa has a great contract, Rockies  never sure about their Power hitters because its Colorado.  Except for Tulo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

David Wright could be a possibility, the rest forget it. Theo ain't giving Bryant up, Longoroa has a great contract, Rockies  never sure about their Power hitters because its Colorado.  Except for Tulo.

[/QUOTE]

Rockies 3b man has actually hit better on average wise away from Coors. 320 on the road compared to .263 at home.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1-No chance

2-Longoria is 28 not 25, and only a ,762 at Fenway

3-Arenado is a good prospect, but he has -0- HRs this year away from Coors.

4-Wright has 100 HRs in the last 6 seasons, about 17 a year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Longoria kills the Sox, always has. Would love to have him. He's cheap now. Never get him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1-No chance

2-Longoria is 28 not 25, and only a ,762 at Fenway

3-Arenado is a good prospect, but he has -0- HRs this year away from Coors.

4-Wright has 100 HRs in the last 6 seasons, about 17 a year.

[/QUOTE]

Longoria was born in 1985 which makes him 28 right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

#2, Evan Longoria0-3b (Rays) He would be a monster at Fenway Park and he is only 28 years old.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Longoria kills the Sox, always has. Would love to have him. He's cheap now. Never get him.

[/QUOTE]

exactly....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Top OPS guys under 29 since 2012: how many are on the block?

.900+ Trout, Votto, Tulo, McCutchen, Stanton, Goldschmidt

.825+ Fielder, CGon, C Davis, Posey, HanRam, Freeman, Lucroy, Carpenter.

.785+ Melky Cabrera, C Gomez, A Jones, B Harper, Justin Upton, Longoria, Headley, Zimmerman, Donaldson, Santana, Fowler, Rizzo, Butler, Allen Craig, J Bruce, Pedroia, Desmond, Cespedes, C Carter, A Gordon

Not many are on the trading block.

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BUT DIDN'T LONGORIA sign a long term contract for home town discount?  i think so

[/QUOTE]

Yes but it the Rays. It would take a lot to land him. There is also Carlos Gonzalez of the Rockies same age as Longoria. However, Carlos is a lefty and we need a right handed batter.

[/QUOTE]

If we have righties on the corners in the OF (Cespedes and Craig) as well as righties in the entire infield(Middy, Xander, Vazquez and Napoli) remind me again why we need righties and why a speedy 28 year old lefty with decent power for CF (where Ellsbury roamed for years) is not a need?

Carlos Gonzalez is a perfect Red Sox trade candidate. He's having a down year but is a career .294/.351/.871 hitter who provides about 25 HR's, 85 RBI's and runs scored, 20 steals, 25 doubles and 5 triples a season. He has some injury concerns, having only played three full seasons in his six year career and never over 145 games, very Victorino-like. But unlike Shane would be in his age 29 season coming here on a 3 year contract for 3 seasons through age 31. Victorino came here at 32. Shane hit 18 HR's and played in 147 games at 29.

Gonzalez will be the same age Ellsbury was entering his walk year here. I'm pretty sure before going to arbitration winter of 2012-13 if the Sox could have extended Ells at 3 years 53 million they would have done it in a heartbeat. That is what Gonzalez makes the next 3 years and his a pretty slick fielder.

Betts, JBJ, Webster and Victorino (to help alleviate the salary issues in our OF) for Gonzalez

2012-13 numbers from all these guys and this is a SCARY lineup

I assumed Pedey and Papi really want to hit 2nd and 3rd where they always have in going with this lineup:

SS - Xander

2B - Pedroia

DH - Ortiz

RF - Cespedes

1B - Napoli

CF - Gonzalez

LF - Craig

3B - Middlebrooks

C - Vazquez

15 HR's, 75 RBI, .310/.385ish avg OBP and about 100 runs scores each for Xander/Pedey

30/110 .270/.360ish for Papi/Cespedes

.290/.350ish for Craig and Gonzalez, .250/.380 for Naps, 20-25 HR and 80-90 RBI each

Get 30 HR, 115 RBI's combined from Middy and Vazquez hitting .250/.335ish.

THAT is a 700 run team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They just added Cespedes and Craig to go with an aging Ortiz, I'd say the need for a left handed hitter with power is greater.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They just added Cespedes and Craig to go with an aging Ortiz, I'd say the need for a left handed hitter with power is greater.

[/QUOTE]

i think we are in on rusney castillo also...another guy who can play CF or RF..i was reading up on him..20HR power and 30SB...cespedes was saying if he's not a 5 tool player than he's a 4 tool player...put castillo in CF and cespedes in RF and craig in LF....WOW

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think we are in on rusney castillo also...another guy who can play CF or RF..i was reading up on him..20HR power and 30SB...cespedes was saying if he's not a 5 tool player than he's a 4 tool player...put castillo in CF and cespedes in RF and craig in LF....WOW

[/QUOTE]

Castillo is a righty, a short, stocky free swinger with 25 HR power in Cuba translating to 12-15 HR's here. Think Brett Gardner. 

Gonzalez is a proven commodity and a lefty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd rather have Jackie Bradley Jr. on year 2 of his rookie deal than have to outbid other teams for Castillo and post almost 10 million a year for him.

If the Rockies will swap 16 million of Gonzalez for 13 million of Victorino next year I would gladly give them Betts, JBJ and Webster.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Castillo is a righty, a short, stocky free swinger with 25 HR power in Cuba translating to 12-15 HR's here. Think Brett Gardner. 

[/QUOTE]

cespedes was saying castillo is just like puig but just in different body type...the guy looks solid with unreal speed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

cespedes was saying castillo is just like puig but just in different body type...the guy looks solid with unreal speed.

[/QUOTE]

Well as long as you can trade JBJ with Craig for a lefty hitting OFer or JBJ and Middlebrooks for a lefty or switch hitting 3rd baseman I'm all for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

[QUOTE]

I'd rather have Jackie Bradley Jr. on year 2 of his rookie deal than have to outbid other teams for Castillo and post almost 10 million a year for him.

If the Rockies will swap 16 million of Gonzalez for 13 million of Victorino next year I would gladly give them Betts, JBJ and Webster.  

[/QUOTE]

Carlos Gonzalez is a very good player. But reality is he always lands on the DL. I would love to get him but not if Betts is included.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's not the same Longoria that he has been in the past.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BUT DIDN'T LONGORIA sign a long term contract for home town discount?  i think so..i think he's signed till 2023

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Cargo gets injured a lot but will cost a lot.  He's back on DL.