Futuristic Question about our boy Manny...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Futuristic Question about our boy Manny...

July 1, 2012:  The Red Sox are tied for first place with the "we won't go away" Rays, and hold a 27 game lead over the over-aged Yankmee's.  Carl Crawford who had been having a respectable year goes down with an injury and is determined out for the season.

Meanwhile on the West Coast Manny Ramirez has played in 25 games after coming off suspension. He is hitting .355 with 10 homers and 30 ribbies... he is "happy to be back and to do some good for the team."

Billy Beane facing the obvious, the A's being 40 games back already, knows the real reason he signed Manny - to trade for prospects.  He only asks for Bostons Iglesias; Igleseias remains surpressed in the minors while Joe A and Joe B man the SS spot at the MLB level.

Do you make the straight-up deal?  There is no catch. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Futuristic Question about our boy Manny...

I just don't think Manny can hit anymore without additives in his system. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I know he can't. This is just a thread for what if's... would you trade for him in that situation....?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Burrito - no - he's a quitter...and if he's that awesome, he's worth more than a ss mired in the minors who cant hit

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

What if Manny comes over and after a few days has to take bereavement leave to attend the funeral for his grandmother who passed away in 2008 and again  in 2006?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No, no cheaters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Joe, Gaylord Perry cheated. In his prime, I would have taken him on my staff in a heartbeat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

So did Bucky Dent with the corked bat of Mickey Rivers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

A lot of guys have cheated over the years, some not as noticeable others. Sosa used a corked bat and steroids, a double cheat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I would  not take him and my scenario is highly unlikely, improbable.  Just curious if you the poster who make the move... I would not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Whitney Houston did a prerecorded version of the National Anthem (best I've ever heard other than Rene Rancourt's Oh Canada). She cheated too on the biggest stage, and we all applauded and still do after her death.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NO NEED FOR SUCH "DESPICABLE" THOUGHTS !!!   HE IS A CLUMP OF "WHAT MAKES THE GRASS GROW"  !!!    SH!T  ...................................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Fred Biletnokoff used stickum on his hands, his jersey, his face, his arms, and caught tons of over-the-shoulder passes...He cheated too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Beatles took LSD, so did Dock Ellis. Did they cheat? Or was that experimental?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

John Kennedy cheated on his wife, so did Bill Clinton, yet they did pretty good jobs as President. No cheaters? Really?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I've taken LSD, the Beatles made me do it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Futuristic Question about our boy Manny...:
    July 1, 2012:  The Red Sox are tied for first place with the "we won't go away" Rays, and hold a 27 game lead over the over-aged Yankmee's.  Carl Crawford who had been having a respectable year goes down with an injury and is determined out for the season. Meanwhile on the West Coast Manny Ramirez has played in 25 games after coming off suspension. He is hitting .355 with 10 homers and 30 ribbies... he is "happy to be back and to do some good for the team." Billy Beane facing the obvious, the A's being 40 games back already, knows the real reason he signed Manny - to trade for prospects.  He only asks for Bostons Iglesias; Igleseias remains surpressed in the minors while Joe A and Joe B man the SS spot at the MLB level. Do you make the straight-up deal?  There is no catch. 
    Posted by BurritoT

Will NEVER happen!! As Bill-006 so adamantly calls him...i.e. THE DESPICABLE MAN-CHILD quit on the Red Sox once they wouldn't stoop that low to let him do it again at this point...give me Daniel Nava over Manny if Crawford should happen to go down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: Futuristic Question about our boy Manny...:
    Joe, Gaylord Perry cheated. In his prime, I would have taken him on my staff in a heartbeat.
    Posted by dannycater

I wouldn't have him back for the quitting reason, not the cheating reason.  If someone doesn't want Manny back for the cheating reason, then they should want Ortiz waived immediately for the same reason, shouldn't they?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

chili, LMAO, you're right about Ortiz and the "milkshakes" or was it his protein drink that was spiked.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And I know it's off point, but softy really came up with a gem trying to say David Ortiz is a model of physical fitness as he continued to throw Wakefield is fat jokes at the very end. Really? David on the basepaths is a model of fitness? Yikes. I love the Papi, but he's a big boy, and he's had a pouch for his entire career. Wakefield was super thin for most of his career until about age 43.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

I see that the forum has a few disciples of Vince Lombardi.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Too much negative history between the Red Sox and Ramirez for such a move to work out. He'd be booed mercilessly. If the Red Sox want to bring back a former icon, I'd rather it be Johnny Damon, who remains a free agent. He wouldn't cost much and everyone raves about his clubhouse presence. You can hide his weak throwing arm in Fenway's left field. He might have to accept around the major league minimum at this point in the off-season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Or, we send Iggy to the A's, Manny goes to the Mets, and we get J.Bay...

NOT!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think Manny rolling around the field with the ball under him laughing as a player ran the bases is probably what every player looks for in a teammate. Oh, and there's also the little detail about a traveling secretary hitting the floor over tickets. What GM wouldn't want that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts