Game 3 Starting Line-Up, What would your be?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Game 3 Starting Line-Up, What would your be?

I'd keep Drew in and keep Middlebrooks on the bench.  Why?  Because he makes the plays at short, and he's due to come out of his slump.  Also, he's played a lot of games in St. Louis as a former national leaguer.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

1)  Elles

2)  Victorino

3)  Pedroia

4)  Ortiz

5)  Nava

6)  Middlebrooks

7)  Ross

8)  Xander

9)  Pitcher

I have to hope Middlebrooks is due after a long benching; Drew is killing us in the box so Xander moves to short. We cannot use the DH thus Napoli sits and Ortiz grabs a glove, and I won't trust Salty with another game behind the plate... Ross is steady and actually very good on both sides. 

Our defense remains strong other than Ortiz, and Napoli can come in anytime. Players like Gomes, Carp, Drew, and Salty should not see the field again the rest of the series.

Burrito - My only change would be at catcher. I may let Salty play. Other than that, we need more hitting, and that means getting Gomes and Drew out of the lineup.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You still have to prevent runs too, and Drew has been outstanding at SS.  Putting Bogey at SS right now is not a great idea. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I would give Bogey a rest for Game 3 and give Middlebrooks a shot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

No way that Drew sits.  Bogaerts wouldnt have made couple plays at SS that Drew made last nite.  He probably save at least two to three runs last nite. 

Move Drew at the #9 spot, and put in Middlebrook back in.  Bogaerts just have too much hype in himself thinking he is going to be a one of the youngest hero guy in the WS.

Line up will be, Ellsbury, Victorino, Pedy, Papi, Nava, Middlebrook, Ross, Drew, Peavy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

1)  Elles

2)  Victorino

3)  Pedroia

4)  Ortiz

5)  Nava

6)  Middlebrooks

7)  Ross

8)  Xander

9)  Pitcher

I have to hope Middlebrooks is due after a long benching; Drew is killing us in the box so Xander moves to short. We cannot use the DH thus Napoli sits and Ortiz grabs a glove, and I won't trust Salty with another game behind the plate... Ross is steady and actually very good on both sides. 

Our defense remains strong other than Ortiz, and Napoli can come in anytime. Players like Gomes, Carp, Drew, and Salty should not see the field again the rest of the series.

Good post  B T  ..... CONCUR !!!   Salty has always bothered me behind the plate .....  Heck, even with only 4 hits last night, that was our game to win !!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

for me drews glove is worth a start.  I love gomes but with a win in game 1 i quickly would have brought nava back into play.  Xman gets one more start as well. 

My starting 8.  Jacoby-SV-pedey-papi-nava-x-drew-ross-peavy

My lineup if we lose game 3 

jacoby-pedey-napoli(catcher)-papi-nava-middlebrooks-ross

salty wouldnt get back in for me.  Hes supposed to be hitting.  Hes stunk and has taken over for napoli in the SO dept.  his defense also cost us the game.  I can live with avg def from catcher if you are mashing.  He stinks.  Double steal. Doesnt field and gets an error.  If he blocks the ball it doesnt get to breslow.  I felt like i was watching t-ball that inning.  

Very confident heading into saturday.  We wont be facing ace after ace this series.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I think Naps will be at least asked by JF if he can catch if needed.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I think Naps will be at least asked by JF if he can catch if needed.  

Napoli is not going to be catching.  His hip isn't going to allow it.  He hasn't caught in  over a year.  He's never caught our pitchers (and right now the last thing you need is to have our 2 weakest pitchers throwing to a guy they've never thrown to).  And he wasn't all that good a catcher when he was catching part time (he has never been a full time catcher). 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Replace Gomes with Nava - Gomes can cheer from the bench and be a pinch hitter as required

Keep Salty in and bring in Ross as defensive replacement in seventh inning

Keep Drew at SS - his defense is better than X's

Replace X with WMB for Game 3 with option to bring X in as a pinch hitter

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Salty may have a little better success the next 2 games; I don't think Kelly and Lynn are throw quite as hard as Wainwright and Wacha do.  With that long swing, Salty is always going to have trouble with guys who throw very hard.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

You still have to prevent runs too, and Drew has been outstanding at SS.  Putting Bogey at SS right now is not a great idea. 

What's more important at this point? Remember the pitcher hits so if Drew plays, you have two automatic outs at the bottom of the lineup. Unless you are watching a different game, Drew's swing is like slo motion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

No way that Drew sits.  Bogaerts wouldnt have made couple plays at SS that Drew made last nite.  He probably save at least two to three runs last nite. 

Move Drew at the #9 spot, and put in Middlebrook back in.  Bogaerts just have too much hype in himself thinking he is going to be a one of the youngest hero guy in the WS.

Line up will be, Ellsbury, Victorino, Pedy, Papi, Nava, Middlebrook, Ross, Drew, Peavy

How did he save two or three runs? The two good plays he made, the bases were empty and in one of the situations, there were two outs. How does that translate to 2-3 runs?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Middlebrooks and Nava inserted. Of course big Papi over Nap at 1st. Sit Gomes and Drew. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Well at least Peavy will be there too. Best hitting Pitcher on Sox.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

I'd keep Drew in and keep Middlebrooks on the bench.  Why?  Because he makes the plays at short, and he's due to come out of his slump.  Also, he's played a lot of games in St. Louis as a former national leaguer.

Drew plays really good D!! The problem is he's been in a slump since spring training. Dam ! He's worst  then a pitcher hitting. Salty isn't far behind.... I would catch Ross every game .Better D and maybe a few hits ......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Ross and Nava gotta be put in the lineup

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't think you can make a lot of changes now. Have to stick with what has worked all year. I felt all along that Nava should play left field against righties. That should happen now . Ortiz should play first in all three games. Napoli for defense if we have a late lead. I would put Middlebrooks back at third. All things considered, Salty is still better than Ross. I would stick with him behind the plate. Ross will catch Lester. It looks like there is no consideration of Lester and Lackey pitching on three days rest, so we are going to have to hope for the best from Peavy and Buchholz. The Sox have been able to shake off tough losses and bounce back all year. Now , they have to do it one more time against a very good team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I don't think you can make a lot of changes now. Have to stick with what has worked all year. I felt all along that Nava should play left field against righties. That should happen now . Ortiz should play first in all three games. Napoli for defense if we have a late lead. I would put Middlebrooks back at third. All things considered, Salty is still better than Ross. I would stick with him behind the plate. Ross will catch Lester. It looks like there is no consideration of Lester and Lackey pitching on three days rest, so we are going to have to hope for the best from Peavy and Buchholz. The Sox have been able to shake off tough losses and bounce back all year. Now , they have to do it one more time against a very good team.

So if you have to work with what got you here, why has Gomes been in lineup?

Sections
Shortcuts