Game 3 Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from victoryismine. Show victoryismine's posts

Game 3 Thoughts

(1) Why not start Bog at SS and Middy at 3rd? Bench Drew.

(2)  I think Ross is the best choice but Salty is overmatched at the plate and a liability in the field.

(3) Nava should get a chance. Bat him second.

(4) Move Papi to third in order, Peddy to cleanup.

Sox in 7!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Game 3 Thoughts

I just got a call from John Farrell.

He wants to send you to the Russian Front.

1. Drew has been terrific at his position, no messing with it now.

2. Using Ross or Salty at catcher is irrelevant, the team gains experience and defense with Ross. They gain a hitter with more power in Salty. Neither will be the difference between winning or losing a single game all by himself.

3. Nava will get his chance....he won't be batting second. Take that to the bank.

4. While we are at it, Pedroia moves to 1st and Ortiz plays 2nd?....neither one will happen unless fat little animals that live in a sty take to the skies with wings. ( W H E N P I G S F L Y).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

1.  It's Drew.  Give it a rest. I would not be surpirsed to see Middlebrooks in over Bogaerts, especially since Kelly and Lynn both live and die with fastballs.

2. Ross probably sits.  With no DH and no LHSP for St. Louis, the Sox do need someone with some offensive ability

3.  Hopefully Nava.   He's done nothng wrong except start on days the other hitters or our pitchers struggled.

4.  Pedroia and Ortiz are the only 2 Sox hitting.  Why should anyone mess with them?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sox will be fine....KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Sox will be fine....KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

yup...we just have to start hitting....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

We let game 2 slip away, St. Louis never had game 1 so they just lost and didn't let it slip away.

Should be up 2-0, Sox take control of the series tonight and tomorrow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

2. Using Ross or Salty at catcher is irrelevant, the team gains experience and defense with Ross. They gain a hitter with more power in Salty. Neither will be the difference between winning or losing a single game all by himself.

3. Nava will get his chance....he won't be batting second. Take that to the bank.

4. While we are at it, Pedroia moves to 1st and Ortiz plays 2nd?....neither one will happen unless fat little animals that live in a sty take to the skies with wings. ( W H E N P I G S F L Y).

Disagree on the Ross/Salty analysis, Zilla.  Ross has plenty of power and has been taking better swings than Salty in his limited chances in the playoffs.  Salty's power adavantage is diminished by his inability to put wood on the ball.  Furthermore, Ross is more likely to keep Peavy's head on straight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think Joe Kelly is going to get hit early and often.  Peavy will be solid.  Sox win in a rout.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Concerned, but with a lot of  reasonable hopes... Peavy will be much better... Team will score more runs...breslow will be better, bullpen trustworthy...Ortiz is an average firstbaseman, since childhood...their starter might prove vulnarable ...Sox core pros shall produce better than last game...

worst concerns...Farrell moves in close in-game...Salty...the followup if Peavy fails early...no Dh...home field disadvantage... Who s on third?

May the brakes come our way...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think if Ortiz can keep hitting to the left side of the field..then the game is in the bag.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to joel49's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Disagree on the Ross/Salty analysis, Zilla.  Ross has plenty of power and has been taking better swings than Salty in his limited chances in the playoffs.  Salty's power adavantage is diminished by his inability to put wood on the ball.  Furthermore, Ross is more likely to keep Peavy's head on straight.

Agree, Ross is a Salty Vet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1h

#RedSox: Ellsbury CF, Victorino RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz 1B, Nava LF, Bogaerts 3B, Saltalamacchia C, Drew SS, Peavy P.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

My only bthought is that this is the biggest game of Peavy's life.  If he wins, he never pays for a drink in Boston forever.

If he loses, he will forever be known as the guy we trade Iglesias for.

Good luck.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts