Game 4 ALCS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Game 4 ALCS

Lets talk actual baseball for a minute. 

I can't believe Washington just intentionally walked Cabrera with none on and 1 out in the 8th.  How can you put the winning run on base in that situation? 

Then what a throw by Cruz to get Cabrera.  Should Leyland have pinch ran for Cabrera right there?  Hard to take your best bat out of a tie game, but a pinch runner scores right there and then the Tigers are then 3 outs from winning. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Re: Game 4 ALCS

You cant assumed on what happen afterward.  What if the batter hit into double play at the same time Cabrera was taken out for pinch runner??

Cruz is one of the best RF thrower in baseball.  I wasnt surprise that he can make that easy throw.

Well, anyway, you cant just look at after one play to after the next play, and then say, oh, the manager should have done this or should not have done this!!

Would you have pull Bill Buckner out of the game, and put someone else at 1B?  What if he make the same kind of error?  Then people would say, oh, Bill should have stay in the game!!

Come on....no one cant predict what can happen in the game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Well I think it was all a matter of time for Valverde to actually throw a stinker and the opponents actually score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

See how excited the Rangers players are including the manager.  The fact they celebrated last year with gingerale(Because of Hamilton) shows me that they are a team.  Wonder if Cliff Lee is watching. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Why do i hate all things philly?

Glad to know some are still following the sport. good series so far. yeah valverde was due in the wrong way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Game 4 ALCS:
    [QUOTE]You cant assumed on what happen afterward.  What if the batter hit into double play at the same time Cabrera was taken out for pinch runner?? Cruz is one of the best RF thrower in baseball.  I wasnt surprise that he can make that easy throw. Well, anyway, you cant just look at after one play to after the next play, and then say, oh, the manager should have done this or should not have done this!! Would you have pull Bill Buckner out of the game, and put someone else at 1B?  What if he make the same kind of error?  Then people would say, oh, Bill should have stay in the game!! Come on....no one cant predict what can happen in the game
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda[/QUOTE]

kind of hard to follow your writing......  I agree that you can't assume the same thing would happen if different moves were made but when the winning run is 90 ft away, a pinch runner is a fair question.  I still don't know why you put the winning run on that situation.

As far as the weak Buckner comparison, most people have been in agreement for 25 years now that there was no logical reason that Dave Stapleton should not have been in the game.  He was a regular defensive substitution, just not in game 6 for some reason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Game 4 ALCS:
    [QUOTE]Lets talk actual baseball for a minute.  I can't believe Washington just intentionally walked Cabrera with none on and 1 out in the 8th.  How can you put the winning run on base in that situation? Then what a throw by Cruz to get Cabrera.  Should Leyland have pinch ran for Cabrera right there?  Hard to take your best bat out of a tie game, but a pinch runner scores right there and then the Tigers are then 3 outs from winning. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Because:
    1) Cabrera is dangerous in that situation.
    2) VMART's anemic DH bat.
    He's now hitting .143, and it's killing the Tigers.

I recall how he talked about signing with a team to have a chance for a ring.
    He hit .182 in the 2009 ALDS for Boston.
    He hit .222 in the ALDS vs. NY.
    Now he's hitting .143 against the Rangers.

He did hit better when he was with the Indians.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

That anemic bat sent Cabrera 1st to 3rd about 2 pitches later.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Game 4 ALCS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Game 4 ALCS : Because: 1) Cabrera is dangerous in that situation. 2) VMART's anemic DH bat. He's now hitting .143, and it's killing the Tigers. I recall how he talked about signing with a team to have a chance for a ring. He hit .182 in the 2009 ALDS for Boston. He hit .222 in the ALDS vs. NY. Now he's hitting .143 against the Rangers. He did hit better when he was with the Indians.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Yet his homer saved their season.  Im cheering for both Beltre and VMart.  Both should not be playing with their injuries.  Man we could use them.  If only you could predict the future.
    Beltre/Vmart instead of Papi/Youk  A year ago no one does that.  How about now?  Beltre would have fought Beckett/Lackey/Lester and then ate all their chicken.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Can we eat some of Becketts contract and trade Youk, Beckett, and our best offensive prospect to Texas for Hamilton?