Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

Lawrie looks like the real thing doesn't he?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Beckett , Lester and Buchholz sitting together in the dugout. No beer tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Doubront also looks different when a player on 1st.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

His breaks are straight Dirt right now #yikes 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Doubront really isn't getting any calls on the corners tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think Salty cut AGon off there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Unstablederek72. Show Unstablederek72's posts

In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    [QUOTE]MLB.TV's new contract with Microsoft (XBox) is the best thing that has ever happened to me 
    Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks[/QUOTE]
    what you mean? special price?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

gotta communicate S#!t

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : It depends on where you are. I'm getting the NESN feed on 419 on Cablevision in N.J.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I thought you were referring to DirecTv (which is what I have/how I watch the Sox games from Ohio). Bad assumption on my part!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : what you mean?
    Posted by Unstablederek72[/QUOTE]
    MLB.Tv can be played on the XBox now so I can watch the game on my flatscreen instead of my little computer monitor 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]MLB.TV's new contract with Microsoft (XBox) is the best thing that has ever happened to me 

I don't understand those kind of contracts. I've got the big package in MLB so I can watch or listen to the game on both my computer and iPhone. So that's fine.

But in football last fall, I just wanted to buy a package just to listen the game on my iPhone because that suited my needs most. But the NFL had a special deal with Android (I think that was it), so the only way I could listen to the game on my iPhone was to buy the big package. I didn't want that, so I bought just the audio on the computer, which worked fine. A bit more inconvenient but OK.

Had the package that was available for he Android worked for the iPhone, they would have gotten more money from me, and I nearly didn't get the package I did.

So by having the special deal with XBox, I wonder:

How much is it going to help XBox?

And is it worth it to MLB to have that exclusive?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Like what Dubront is doing thus far but would like to see him get some six-to-ten pitch innings. At this rate, he's not going to go more than five or six innings...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : For some reason, I thought you were referring to DirecTv (which is what I have/how I watch the Sox games from Ohio). Bad assumption on my part!
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]
    DirectTV does a better job of giving you the option of feeds. Cable doesn't always do that. Sometimes , like yesterday , I have to watch the opponent's feed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice catch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

shoot ! that was well hit but nice play by Rasmus

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : I don't understand those kind of contracts. I've got the big package in MLB so I can watch or listen to the game on both my computer and iPhone. So that's fine. But in football last fall, I just wanted to buy a package just to listen the game on my iPhone because that suited my needs most. But the NFL had a special deal with Android (I think that was it), so the only way I could listen to the game on my iPhone was to buy the big package. I didn't want that, so I bought just the audio on the computer, which worked fine. A bit more inconvenient but OK. Had the package that was available for he Android worked for the iPhone, they would have gotten more money from me, and I nearly didn't get the package I did. So by having the special deal with XBox, I wonder: How much is it going to help XBox? And is it worth it to MLB to have that exclusive?
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    I think its a draw kind of thing. People with Xbox might want to go out and get MLB.tv if they can stream it to their tV's now, and people who are on the fence about getting an Xbox who have MLB.tv might now have the extra push to get one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

The Captain Derek Jeter with an RBI Double 4-1 Yankees.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Alvarez looks good. There are a number of young , hard throwing pitchers around baseball.  Unfortunately, none of them belong to us. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

nasty, dirty , breaking ball. strike 3

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I don't see the gamer types as being interested in sports, socialization, the opposite sex or sunlight

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : I think its a draw kind of thing. People with Xbox might want to go out and get MLB.tv if they can stream it to their tV's now, and people who are on the fence about getting an Xbox who have MLB.tv might now have the extra push to get one.

Yeah I understand. But is it going to XBox that many buyers. Most are buying for the video game. And it might help MLBTV get people with an XBox. But so many people have PlayStations or something else, so is it going to drive more people away?

I don't know, I guess they know what they're doing -- maybe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Anyone want an Iggy update.

He's now 0-for-3 with two Ks and team-leading 5 runners LOB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Doubront isn't getting any close calls tonight. I thought 3 of those balls to Escobar were strikes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Early deficit again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How did they miss the tag?  Should have gone fo the double play

Sections
Shortcuts