Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

This started out as a ticket price thread. What happened?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i would have liked to have seen aviles at 3B tonite...but we cant because we are carrying 38 pitchers on the roster and no spare fielders

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Royf19, I apologize. No one was responding to it so I changed it to the game thread. The article I posted is online @ the Boston Herald. Red Sox have most expensive tickets in majors A trip out to the ballgame at Fenway Park [ map ] this season is going to cost you — more than any other Major League Baseball outing. The Boston Red Sox [ team stats ] topped the list of baseball’s most expensive tickets for 2012, with an average ticket costing $53.38 — $1.83 more than the rival New York Yankees , according to new ticket price data released this month by Team Marketing Report. Four adult average-price tickets, two small draft beers, four small soft drinks, four hot dogs, parking for one, two game programs and two least expensive adult-size adjustable caps will cost $336.99 for a family at one Red Sox game. Parking alone for a Red Sox game averages $27 a pop. The cheapest tickets to come by are those to see the Arizona Diamondbacks — their average ticket price is $15.74. Rounding out the top five ticket prices are the Chicago Cubs at number three with $46.30 a ticket; the Philadelphia Phillies at number four with $37.42 a ticket; and the Minnesota Twins at number five with $33.04 a ticket. The Chicago White Sox showed the biggest decrease in average ticket prices with a 28.7 drop to $29 from $40.56. The average ticket price for the 2012 season is $26.92, one cent higher than last year’s survey. Sixteen teams raised prices. Sorry.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I was in the middle of responding when you changed it. When I it add reply, the thread had changed so I deleted my post. Here's whay I posted:

There's something wrong with that report. The average price in Arizona can't be $15, even if they are the cheapest. So let's look at Boston and Arizona.

It's Economics 101, Suppy and Demand:

Take Arizona. They drew 2.1M fans. The Sox drew 3.1M fans.

Obviously, there is greater demand in Boston.

Arizona seats more than 48,000 fans.

Boston seats just over 37,000 fans.

So there is a more limited supply in Boston.

What pushes down the average price at other parks is tht they're bigger and have more cheaper seats in the bleachers or high upper decks where the Sox don't have seats. 

For example:
    Let's look at Boston and Arizona again. Arizona has upper deck nose bleed seats that run from $14 to $21.

Boston has the Green Monster seats of $165, which is a unique section, and there's nothing comparable in Arizona.

So let's take a look at comparable seats at the two parks.

The field boxes at Fenway are $135.
    Comparable seats in Arizona range from $135 to $150, depending on the game in between the dugouts and $100 to $125 from the dugouts to the end.

Grandstand seats at Boston behind the plate and down the lines are $55. Comparable seats at Arizona are $45 to $65 depending on the game.

It's hard to really compare overall because the parks are different. The Sox has intermediate seats between the two sections I described, which are expensive ($99). Still there is a certain range that's the same. The RF corner seats are $30 to $52. Similar seats at $25 to $39. OF bleachers in Arizona are $15 to $25. In Boston, the CF bleachers are $28, although the upper bleachers are $12.

Like I said, if you look at where the cheaper seats are in Arizona, there's more of those seats that Fenway doesn't have. But there is no way in heck that the average price in Arizona can be $15.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]i would have liked to have seen aviles at 3B tonite...but we cant because we are carrying 38 pitchers on the roster and no spare fielders
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

The pitchers aside, Youk has to play. We have to see if he's done or just a bad two games. Whatever troubles this team has, it's even worse if Youk is washed up. So we have to find out early one way or another.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

not saying youk is washed up - but a day off might clear his head...also, like to see aviles at 3b..i think it might be a real nice fit....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]not saying youk is washed up - but a day off might clear his head...also, like to see aviles at 3b..i think it might be a real nice fit....

Youk was off yesterday, wasn't he?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Maybe the median price in Arizona is $15. For those who don't remember the difference between average and median, average is the sum of all numbers divided by the total number of numbers. Median is the middle number on a long list of numbers; if you have an odd number of numbers, you average the middle two to reach your median. Example: Average of 1, 4, and 10 is 5. Median is 4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yes he was....and i liked the production from punto/aviles...

one more game! reward the achieving players

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]yes he was....and i liked the production from punto/aviles... one more game! reward the achieving players

Well, I can't argue with that attitude, and I agree with the sentiment. But Youk needed to be back in the lineup and get going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Youkilis hit his first major league homerun in Toronto.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

roy is right - you have to play Youk...especially when we are trying to showcase him for a trade Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays": [QUOTE]i would have liked to have seen aviles at 3B tonite...but we cant because we are carrying 38 pitchers on the roster and no spare fielders Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] LOL, I can't believe the Jays have Encarnacion batting fourth behind Bautista. That's a head scratcher. Meanwhile, this pitching SUCKS. This team SUCKS... Er, well, I have to wait til about 11 pm to post that. Sorry. ;-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LOL exam...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]roy is right - you have to play Youk...especially when we are trying to showcase him for a trade

Hey, Middlebrooks has the glove and power. If he can hit enough at the majors, I'd trade Youk in the right deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I dont think Middlebrooks is major league ready yet, Roy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Let's go Red Sox! I can feel win #1 coming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe the median price in Arizona is $15. For those who don't remember the difference between average and median, average is the sum of all numbers divided by the total number of numbers. Median is the middle number on a long list of numbers; if you have an odd number of numbers, you average the middle two to reach your median. Example: Average of 1, 4, and 10 is 5. Median is 4.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Naah. Even as a median, it's too low. I was looking at their seating chart, and there's no way that half their seats are less than $16. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think Middlebrooks is major league ready yet, Roy
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Neither to I, but he might be close. He's gotten off to a good start in Pawtucket, and I could see him being ready by midseason.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

best deal in all of baseball is the jays star seaon pass...$ a season pass for $99 excluding only the opening home game in the nose-bleed section.Can watch the next 2 games against the sox for $2

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Here we go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

It would be nice to post a crooked number and get an early lead to allow Felix to relax a little.