Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    [QUOTE]Pedroia gets the game ball
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]Pedroia the Destroyah.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I WAS right about Doubront ! But who was on here saying Sweeney was the greatest LH hitting outfield slugger in Sox history ?   LOL , latter part of my namesake might have prpblems with that.....or Teddy Fng Ballgame...or even Yaz.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

It's a running joke jim. I say that every time somebody gets a big hit, no matter who they are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Bullpen looking good, maybe it will come together

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : It's a running joke jim. I say that every time somebody gets a big hit, no matter who they are.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]What? I missed a joke?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Or Freddie Lynn. But I think you were right about Felix from Carabobo.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    in case anyone wondered OR cared, the JIM Ed is Rice, and the Fred is Lynn.
    The Gold Dust twins made me lifelong Sox crazy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Revolver might be the best album of all time. jesseyeric would likely agree with this post.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    "Revolver" has always been my favorite Beatles album, ever so slightly ahead of "Abbey Road." But yes, I had to shake things up after the 0-3 start.

Oh, and for J-BAY ...

Image Detail

OH BOY IS THIS GREAT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : in case anyone wondered OR cared, the JIM Ed is Rice, and the Fred is Lynn. The Gold Dust twins made me lifelong Sox crazy.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]Yup. 1975 was a great year for Red Sox baseball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : What? I missed a joke?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Yeah, goes back to last year. Salty, Drew, Crawford--they've all been the greatest hitters in Red Sox history at one time or another.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : It's a running joke jim. I say that every time somebody gets a big hit, no matter who they are.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Great ! Then keep up the jokes, and we'll keep up the winning !

Can Doubront qualify for rookie of the year ? Moonslav or Breidey probably know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : "Revolver" has always been my favorite Beatles album, ever so slightly ahead of "Abbey Road." But yes, I had to shake things up after the 0-3 start. Oh, and for J-BAY ... OH BOY IS THIS GREAT!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]I love seeing Flounder here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : in case anyone wondered OR cared, the JIM Ed is Rice, and the Fred is Lynn. The Gold Dust twins made me lifelong Sox crazy.

Wow!  Thanks for the inside scoop!  I think we all would have missed that.  :)

Dude......  This is a Sox site.  PLEASE!!!!   :)  Now shut up & don't spoil my mood!

Just messin with ya!   LOL!!!!!   Huge monkey off the back!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : I love seeing Flounder here.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Much like I love seeing Jackie ... you know it's a good night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Great ! Then keep up the jokes, and we'll keep up the winning ! Can Doubront qualify for rookie of the year ? Moonslav or Breidey probably know.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]I think he can. As a matter of fact I'd put him as a front runner. I like this kid a lot. He has a power fastball and an unhittable curve.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Should not even be 2 earned runs on the board for Dubber!  That guy was out, & should have been easily out at home!!!!

I've been looking forward to this start!   Great stuff!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I can't stress enough how huge Atchison was. Even though Pedroia was the jump-start on offense and Sweeney had the GWRBI, I might give the game ball to the Secretary of State.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I can't stress enough how huge Atchison was. Even though Pedroia was the jump-start on offense and Sweeney had the GWRBI, I might give the game ball to the Secretary of State.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]For me it's gotta go to Felix. He pitched 6 very strong innings, even though he was getting squeezed by the home plate ump.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Hey!  maybe this wakes up the old guardn starters!?!?!   Maybe?  Just MAYBE????

Beckett pulls his head out of his arssss, & realizes it's time to man up & just pitch!  shut the hellll  up & just pitch.  No more b.s. about some mysterious thumb issue!  Just go out & PITCH!   Like our new ACE!!!!

DUBRONT!   :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

As awesome as Dubront did, the game ball goes to PEDEY!  Without him, we have another loss for sure!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : For me it's gotta go to Felix. He pitched 6 very strong innings, even though he was getting squeezed by the home plate ump.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    What he said !

Win shares :  Doubront, Atchison, Pedey, Sweeney.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : What he said ! Win shares :  Doubront, Atchison, Pedey, Sweeney.
    Actually , it was five innings , but he still deserves the praise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Actually , it was five innings , but he still deserves the praise.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. I can't remember who the batter was, but Felix got badly pinched on a 2-2 call. He was clearly irked, but he didn't let it linger and got the out on a pop-up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bretb27. Show bretb27's posts

ballsy move to go witch atchison that long, really paid off for us.  also noteworthy, papi had a smile on his face when he left for Mcdonald, maybe Bobby V's got some mojo going!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEYwk0bypY

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Agreed. I can't remember who the batter was, but Felix got badly pinched on a 2-2 call. He was clearly irked, but he didn't let it linger and got the out on a pop-up. Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE] That was Bautista in that at bat