Game 6 was the best game of baseball I have ever witnessed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

Game 6 was the best game of baseball I have ever witnessed.

That is all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Game 6 was the best game of baseball I have ever witnessed.

It certainly has to rank up there with the best Game 6's of all time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It was a pretty good game, but I'll still take game 7 of the 2007 ALDS. That Coke Bottle shot by Manny was monumental.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I tuned in at the 8th thinking I was watching the tail end, instead it was only the beginning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

In Response to Re: Game 6 was the best game of baseball I have ever witnessed.:
    [QUOTE]It was a pretty good game, but I'll still take game 7 of the 2007 ALDS. That Coke Bottle shot by Manny was monumental.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
     Game 5 you mean, and yes that is definitely one of the better ones, but twice (twice!) the Redbirds were down to their final strike and managed to pull out a hit to even it up. Then the local boy comes through to send it to 7... If someone scripted this, it would be discounted as 'unrealistic'. This is baseball at its finest, folks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I picked up Allan Craig for my Fantasy Team as he came off the DL, and boy as that a good move. Josh Hamilton has been the centerpiece of my offense for two seasons... there are some exceptional players for their part in the series.

On Pujols, I was laughing at him a little in the (top) 9th because they were down 2 runs and he was still all "rah rah" in the field... I was thinking common man its over. He never let up, his focus never diminished. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 6 was the best game of baseball I have ever witnessed. :  Game 5 you mean, and yes that is definitely one of the better ones, but twice (twice!) the Redbirds were down to their final strike and managed to pull out a hit to even it up. Then the local boy comes through to send it to 7... If someone scripted this, it would be discounted as 'unrealistic'. This is baseball at its finest, folks.
    Posted by Heff-17[/QUOTE]It was without a doubt a great game. That hit by Freese was great, especially after he made the error earlier in the game. My bad on the game 7 thing. It was a clinching game, and my old brain immediately put it in the game 7 file.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The moonshot by Manny off K-Rod in 2007 was in Game 2, putting us up 2-0.  We won Game 3 in Anaheim.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I tuned in at the 8th thinking I was watching the tail end, instead it was only the beginning.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

It really was a terrific game.  Definitely among some of the best playoff games that I have ever watched.  I was disappointed that Texas couldn't win last night.   I heard Dennis & Callahan mention that if Papelbon was pitching for Texas he probably would have won the game.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Live on the North East....Lost power in the 4th inning.....not happy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Just keeping runnnig Ogando and Feliz out there Ron, you will fall short again.
    Tesas is Toast!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 6 was the best game of baseball I have ever witnessed. : It really was a terrific game.  Definitely among some of the best playoff games that I have ever watched.  I was disappointed that Texas couldn't win last night.   I heard Dennis & Callahan mention that if Papelbon was pitching for Texas he probably would have won the game.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Yes I wonder if the Texas closer will recover mentally.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Great game. My favorite World Series game still is game 6 in 1975 with the Carbo HR, the Fisk walk-off HR, and the Dwight Evans great catch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am rooting for Texas but they are toast after what happened.   If they come back baseball will truly be the greatest game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

Amazing. Cards need to complete the story tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Josh Hamilton has been hurting, severely so and he had not homered at all in the play-offs until that shot in the 10th (I believe).  He was quoted as saying during the rounding of the bases as saying to himself "This hurts, this hurts."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Absolutely phenomenal game. As much as I didn't want to, I couldn't help reflecting back to '86. Two-run lead in the 9th, needing only one more strike ... and the Rangers had it twice. Talk about a bullpen collapse. (See, folks, it's not just Papelbon).

As others said before, I wonder how they'll handle it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Sure, I was thinking Schiraldi... poor guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

gotta admit, yesterday morning i thought the Rangers would close out G6, all bets will be off for G7..Tongue out... also some credit to the Cards for not giving in...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Great game, watched it with a crowd including a lady friend from StL, it was great to see her biting her nails.  She screamed when it went to extra innings.  Reminds me of what I'm like when the Sox are in the playoffs.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Been a great series, except for the one blow out. Still can't believe Washington pinch hit for Feldman, with a runner on first and two outs. I wondered then if that was the beginning of the end. Have to admit I didnt see the Cards hanging in this well against Texas.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Great game. Personally , I would have have gone with Wilson in the 10th , if Feliz could not go another inning. Can't trust Oliver and Feldman with everything on the line. Have to say though that all the Ranger's relievers , including Feliz , had that   " deer in the headlights " look. Not everyone can handle that kind of pressure situation. Will be very hard to stop the Card's momentum now. I would be very, very surprised if Texas can come back in Game 7.  They missed their chance last night , and now I think they are finished. This is the first time since the All Star game winner was awarded home field , that it actually becomes a factor.  Actually , I would like to see Texas win , but as I said , I think they are dead in the water now.