Game 89: Red Sox at Angels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Game 89: Red Sox at Angels

When you can't protect a four run lead in the ninth inning something is wrong. No bullpen improvement=no playoffs

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

the first problem started when Farrell did not put breslow in to pitch to hamiltion... of course the error is the main factor for the loss... i have no idea what snyder was doing but thats about as bad a toss as i have ever seen...   then farrell keeps Breslow in there instead of Taz? unless im missing something Farrell botched another one... and yes our Bp is a mess and will be worse if Miller is hurt... I could be wrong but it looked like an achilles issue... Breslow is mediocre..he has no movement on any of his pitches and his velocity is average....one bright spot was Bailey...good to see he had some success.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Yeah and i forgot wilson...he is the one who got the sox into the mess in the first place....this BP is a huge problem

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

the first problem started when Farrell did not put breslow in to pitch to hamiltion... of course the error is the main factor for the loss... i have no idea what snyder was doing but thats about as bad a toss as i have ever seen...   then farrell keeps Breslow in there instead of Taz? unless im missing something Farrell botched another one... and yes our Bp is a mess and will be worse if Miller is hurt... I could be wrong but it looked like an achilles issue... Breslow is mediocre..he has no movement on any of his pitches and his velocity is average....one bright spot was Bailey...good to see he had some success.....

He had to use Breslow to get out of the 7th inning mess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

That was Bailey, who induced Trout to hit into an inning ending DP.  Bailey also pitched the 8th, allowing only a single to Pujols, and had thrown 17 pitches to get 5 outs.  I said last night I would have let Bailey stay in and pitch the 9th.

Breslow pitched in the 10th and took the loss in the 11th when he gave up the walk-off to Hamilton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

That was Bailey, who induced Trout to hit into an inning ending DP.  Bailey also pitched the 8th, allowing only a single to Pujols, and had thrown 17 pitches to get 5 outs.  I said last night I would have let Bailey stay in and pitch the 9th.

Breslow pitched in the 10th and took the loss in the 11th when he gave up the walk-off to Hamilton.

Yeah, youre right. I noticed that after I posted. I was thinking Bailey did that in the 8th only. Cut me some slack, it was 2am this morning. Lol