Game 9 Thread: Orioles at Red Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Game 9 Thread: Orioles at Red Sox

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

they should have won this game, but it is what it is.....hopefully they can at least split this upcoming series with the rays.

We should have swept these idiots.  I can't believe we didn't put up more runs against these nobodies in their rotation.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Look at the bright side - Napoli went 2 - 4 and is now hitting a very solid .211

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

they should have won this game, but it is what it is.....hopefully they can at least split this upcoming series with the rays.

We should have swept these idiots.  I can't believe we didn't put up more runs against these nobodies in their rotation.

These idiots won 13 games against us last year and took two of three here at Fenway this year. These idiots have a better team right now than we do.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The O's have a knack for winning these close games. Good bullpen , some clutch hitting. Plus , you have to give credit to Showalter. He seems to make all the right late game moves.

why can't the SOX get a manager like that?

Showalter has better players.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Jim Joyce missed too many calls and the ones he did make were in favor of Baltimore! Ball four to Salty in the ninth the most aggregous. He straight scr ewed Aceves in the 4th inning. Oh well...Two nights in a row the umps help the visiting team. Whens the Manager of the Sox gonna take a stand???????????????????????

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We have a wonderful team. A great manager. A brilliant bench coach. And the " chemistry " is off the charts. The only problem is those darn umpires. They are cheating us out of games. C'mon Blue , give us a break.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

There's some good things to take away from this series, although I'm glad it's over. Mistakes? Yes. Bad Calls? Too many for my liking. Did Farrell/Aceves approach Davis' AB wrong? Most definitely. 

Our 3-6 SP over these first 3 series, despite all going just 5 innings, along w/ the BP, HAS kept us in these games. It's something to build on. My hope is that our 3-6 SP can give us just one more GOOD inning a piece, to take the pressure off the BP. Gets to be Russian Roulette after a while. Most chambers are fine, but all you need is that one to have a bad day. 

I want to see Hanrahan's next chance. I thought he recovered not once, but twice during his "Meltdown", but things just didn't turn out. So a Closer controversy is, I believe, a bit premature.

When PAPI gets back, I like our offense a lot. Nava/Gomes seems like the obvious choice to patrol LF. Defense wise im hoping Nava 70% to Gomes 30%.And who knows, somewhere down the road a trade happens? 

The team seems very competive & it's all you can ask for at this point. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

While there's some validity to this, that's not what the experts think.  I myself have posted here on multiple occasions that this appears to be the worst NYY team coming out of the gate in 22 yrs. But, LOL, go count the NYY out.

Yes, steven, we get it.

No one can say the Yankees stink but you....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

There's some good things to take away from this series, although I'm glad it's over. Mistakes? Yes. Bad Calls? Too many for my liking. Did Farrell/Aceves approach Davis' AB wrong? Most definitely. 

Our 3-6 SP over these first 3 series, despite all going just 5 innings, along w/ the BP, HAS kept us in these games. It's something to build on. My hope is that our 3-6 SP can give us just one more GOOD inning a piece, to take the pressure off the BP. Gets to be Russian Roulette after a while. Most chambers are fine, but all you need is that one to have a bad day. 

I want to see Hanrahan's next chance. I thought he recovered not once, but twice during his "Meltdown", but things just didn't turn out. So a Closer controversy is, I believe, a bit premature.

When PAPI gets back, I like our offense a lot. Nava/Gomes seems like the obvious choice to patrol LF. Defense wise im hoping Nava 70% to Gomes 30%.And who knows, somewhere down the road a trade happens? 

not sure what all the whining is about. After all it was these very same posters saying this was just a .500 team. well, their 5-4.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

While there's some validity to this, that's not what the experts think.  I myself have posted here on multiple occasions that this appears to be the worst NYY team coming out of the gate in 22 yrs. But, LOL, go count the NYY out.

Yes, steven, we get it.

Perhaps valid; however, for a change, you're out of context just for the purpose of zinging; unless that's your shrewd sense of humor again.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yes, steven, we get it.

Perhaps valid; however, for a change, you're out of context just for the purpose of zinging; unless that's your shrewd sense of humor again.

Glad you agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes, steven, we get it.

Glad you agree.

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

not sure what all the whining is about. After all it was these very same posters saying this was just a .500 team. well, their 5-4.

Exactly. 

The killer for me of the recent past was, ya' know, Dice-k giving up 7 runs in 2 1/3 or Lackey not healthy and doing the same. Then Beckett stopped being a Stopper. Etc. 

A 3-2 loss to an increasingly stacked Orioles lineup relying on a spot SP... I sorta feel fine w/. One swing of the bat & it's a different outcome. So to expect more "tough" losses... Guessing that's a good thing? 

We'll see. It's a young season. Things could change either way.