Game 95: Red Sox at Athletics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game 95: Red Sox at Athletics

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

AAAA5930 Matt Thornton.jpg Boston Red Sox – No. 37 Relief pitcher Born: September 15, 1976  (age 36)
    Three Rivers, Michigan Bats: Left Throws: Left MLB debut July 27, 2004 for the Seattle Mariners Career statistics
    (through July 8, 2013) Win–loss record 32–41 Earned run average 3.54 Strikeouts 572 Saves23 Teams

Career highlights and awards

So do you like this move JBAy?

Yes. I think it's a very good, short term move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Great job by Lackey tonight. Absent Buchholz, he is the team's best pitcher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

This makes  me  nervous ! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Good job by Bailey.  Sox really need him back pitching well.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Uehara at his very best in the ninth. The A's had no chance. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Lackey has allowed 3 R or fewer while going 7.0+ IP in his last 6 starts. It is tied for the longest such streak in the majors this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

The line on Lackey: 7IP, 3H, 2ER, 4BB, 5K, HR, HBP, 113-69, 11 swing-and-misses

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

John Lackey is a Cy Young contender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Lester on his cutter: “I don’t think it’s anything that I’m concerned about or anybody should be concerned about.”

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox now have a 4.5-game lead over the Rays. 

The Astros (of all teams) beat the Rays last night.   Thank you Houston and congrats on getting Dwight Howard.   LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Lester on his cutter: “I don’t think it’s anything that I’m concerned about or anybody should be concerned about.”

This is an example of his stubborness. Perhaps Lester should look at Fangraphs and their analysis of his cutter. Its just not getting the job done and Lester will not admit it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The Astros (of all teams) beat the Rays last night.   Thank you Houston and congrats on getting Dwight Howard.   LOL

We are now 5-3 on the road trip. Even with two more losses we have still had a successful trip. With Lester and an untested rookie pitching the next two games consecutive losses are a real possibility, so last night's win was very important. The rest is gravy IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

[QUOTE]

We are now 5-3 on the road trip. Even with two more losses we have still had a successful trip. With Lester and an untested rookie pitching the next two games consecutive losses are a real possibility, so last night's win was very important. The rest is gravy IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's why I'm such a big fan of winning the first game of the series.  You never want to lose, but if we lose the next two, it is only mildly annoying instead of very annoying.