Game Thread 100: Yankees at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Game Thread 100: Yankees at Red Sox

In response to gymrat05's comment:

You just blew a 4 run lead 

So the Yanks blew their lead. It is why a game is 9 innings

This game could be 13 to 12 at the end

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

This is what happens when u don't add on, Pedroia just can't K last inning .....can't do It

Nor can Napoli!!!!! WAY TOO MANY STRIKE OUTS!!!!!!

WAY!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to gymrat05's comment:

You just blew a 4 run lead 

Breslow and Thornton are awful. I honestly think that the bullpen is the achilles heal to Cherrington like the shortstop position was to Theo Epstein.  Ben Cherrington said that Thornton is the one they wanted, he has shown me nothing since he came over to this team so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

How can Thornton be awful if he havent pitch tonite game yet.  

Remember he pitched his first game of the career for the Sox last week.  Give him some time.

Breslow was not pitching smart tonite!!  he threw too many low pitches tonite where these yankee batter learn how to make short OF hits.  

Yankees are now playing small ball.  

Well, the game is not over yet.  Get some runs now and then save the bullpen arms for tomorrow series against TAmpa

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Remember he pitched his first game of the career for the Sox last week.  Give him some time.

Breslow was not pitching smart tonite!!  he threw too many low pitches tonite where these yankee batter learn how to make short OF hits.  

Well, the game is not over yet.  Get some runs now and then save the bullpen arms for tomorrow series against TAmpa

Talking about yesterday. I am surprised the hitting coach does not work with Saltalamachia on that swing of his. He is an absolute strikeout machine. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Boy this offense is just kicking butt against this Yankee bullpen 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This Yankee lineup is a joke with the exception of Cano. We cannot get Nunez or Gardner out. I am worried about when they get the rest of their team back if they are giving us fits with this lineup. We just helped out Logan with pathetic swings that inning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

[QUOTE]

Talking about yesterday. I am surprised the hitting coach does not work with Saltalamachia on that swing of his. He is an absolute strikeout machine. 

[/QUOTE]

When is the last time he got a clutch hit 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

This team leads the league in runs scored? Really, really?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Seven runs has to win a game against a depleted Yankees lineup. Starting Dempster was the great equalizer. The guy simply does not have what it takes. If we lose this, you can place the blame wherever you want, but the fact is that Dempster is the culprit. Starting him in this game was a big mistake, no matter how you want to spin it. Just watch him pitch. The guy has nothing. We have a few minor leaguers who can do better.

Stabbed by Foulke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Seven runs has to win a game against a depleted Yankees lineup. Starting Dempster was the great equalizer. The guy simply does not have what it takes. If we lose this, you can place the blame wherever you want, but the fact is that Dempster is the culprit. Starting him in this game was a big mistake, no matter how you want to spin it. Just watch him pitch. The guy has nothing. We have a few minor leaguers who can do better.

Stabbed by Foulke.

don't be ignorant DG. nearly every rotation in the MLB would love to have dempster as their #5. his ERA ranks #26 in the AL out of 49 qualified starters. T-13 in strike outs. ERA+ of 101. that's good for a #5.

i can understand if you don't like the guy or his contract. but his production has been great for what he is (a #5). quit your crying nancypants.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Come on David lets go!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Do you walk David ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

just swung at ball 4

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

This is comical the Sox gave up 3 unearned runs. Dempster pitched well enough to win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

We need a hitter after Ortiz and it ain't Napoli or Saltalamachia. Pay attention Ben.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Napoli is just not a great clutch hitter !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

That guy was hitting 037 ....unreal 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Who will provide the magic walk off tonight? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

don't be ignorant DG. nearly every rotation in the MLB would love to have dempster as their #5. his ERA ranks #26 in the AL out of 49 qualified starters. T-13 in strike outs. ERA+ of 101. that's good for a #5.

i can understand if you don't like the guy or his contract. but his production has been great for what he is (a #5). quit your crying nancypants.

[/QUOTE]

Quit your crying nancy pants ? What is that supposed to mean? Is that supposed to be some kind of juvenile insult?  Is that all you can come up with ?  Dempster is an overpaid bum. So is Napoli. I am not at all ignorant. I call it as I see it. Please spare me the number five starter nonsense. I don't care which arbitrary number you want to assign him. The guy is a 27 million dollar mistake. And , how in the world do you let Napoli hit against Robertson with Carp on the bench and no left handers in the Yankees pen ? Give me a break, Mef. Are you some kind of starry eyed fanboy, or do you want a real dialog on the situation ?  This should have been an easy win. Now we have to hope for another walk off. Let's hope we get it. Losing two of three at home to this depleted Yankees team would be terrible. And , let me say again, the " quit your crying nancy pants " line is very insulting. Are you lowering yourself to the level of some others on here ?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Saltlamachia absolutely Suc#s

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

That was one pathetic inning the furthest we hit a ball was backwards behind home plate, 10 feet. Drew and Saltalastrikia K again. This team needs a right handed hitter bad ! I can see Tampa Bay     surpassing us this week.