Game Thread 107: Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: Game Thread 107: Rays at Red Sox

If this giy De Le Torre can improve his command, he'll be something else; electric stuff!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I will take it, Price was laughing at the homerun, an out in any other ball park.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

SSSS and all, but Snyder has an OPS against lefties of 1.048 and Michael Young's is .695.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Pedroia is 1 for his last 22 ABs... and hitting .205 in July.... Victorrino is hitting .239 in July....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

holy heck that umpire stinks... he blew that call big time... I dont know what is going on with the so many missed calls by umps this year but he could just have cost the sox this game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Nava blew it.  Should have scored on Drew's double.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Just saw the replay of Nava's baserunning on Drew's hit... what the heck was he doing and where was Butterball coaching him what to do???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Bad umpiring bad position, bad call!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Just saw the replay of Nava's baserunning on Drew's hit... what the heck was he doing and where was Butterball coaching him what to do???

Terrible base running by Nava.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

[QUOTE]

Terrible base running by Nava.

[/QUOTE]

It sure was... even if the ball was caught  going half way would have been more than enough to get back to second... I cant even imagine what he was thinking...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Maybe they can get lucky against crooked head Rodney.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

That is the worst base running gaffe I have ever seen

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

No way he should have been tagging.  Bad, bad play.  Then ump blows call at home.  Totally out of position.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Napoli just plain sucks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Nava  and home plate ump lost that game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Has Pedroia gotten a hit since the announcement of his big contract ! Napoli and Saltalamachia are absolute strikeout machines. This team needs a hitter in the 5 spot who can make contact with a da& baseball. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

A tough loss and all the fault of the sox.... Nava really blew it but lack of hitting from the 2 and 3 spots is really hurting this offense.... not to mention Napoli striking out most of the time with RISP...  Ortiz and Els are the only ones doing much of anything offensively ... they need a bat bad

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Has Pedroia gotten a hit since the announcement of his big contract ! Napoli and Saltalamachia are absolute strikeout machines. This team needs a hitter in the 5 spot who can make contact with a da& baseball. 

He has 1 hit in his last 23 or so AL ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You have gotten more then you could have imagined out of Daniel Nava at this point. He has hit way above his head this year. He is reverting back to what he was, a backup outfielder at best. He does do boneheaded stuff at times. No way the 3rd base coach should have let him go. This team needs another hitter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

He has 1 hit in his last 23 or so AL ....

[/QUOTE]

He is lunging at stuff too, its amazing the hitting coach has not pulled him aside and told him to relax and go back to what he use to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

You have gotten more then you could have imagined out of Daniel Nava at this point. He has hit way above his head this year. He is reverting back to what he was, a backup outfielder at best. He does do boneheaded stuff at times. No way the 3rd base coach should have let him go. This team needs another hitter.

[/QUOTE]

Sending him was the right thing to do...im not a big Butterfield fan but that one he was right on.... Nave was safe...the ump was totally out of position and just blew the call...this is why they need replay ... umps are making way too many bad calls and replay would fix it...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Unfathonable! Nava goes in as the runner, while Iglesius is saved? For what? Nava not only has less than normal speed, he is also not a good base RUNNER. I assumed Iggy would go to 2nd base as the pinch runner and when I saw Nava going out there I cringed. As it happened, the ump made a very bad call, but that doesn't excuse JF's baad call! What was he thinking? Then he compounds his poor judgement in the 9th in the 9th byt calling on Victorino to bunt! With Ellsbury on 1st. The idea should have been for Ellsbury to steal, and THEN BUNT!

I like Farrell, and averall he's doing a great job. But, tonight, his bench-managing brains took a vacation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Unfathonable! Nava goes in as the runner, while Iglesius is saved? For what? Nava not only has less than normal speed, he is also not a good base RUNNER. I assumed Iggy would go to 2nd base as the pinch runner and when I saw Nava going out there I cringed. As it happened, the ump made a very bad call, but that doesn't excuse JF's baad call! What was he thinking? Then he compounds his poor judgement in the 9th in the 9th byt calling on Victorino to bunt! With Ellsbury on 1st. The idea should have been for Ellsbury to steal, and THEN BUNT!

I like Farrell, and averall he's doing a great job. But, tonight, his bench-managing brains took a vacation.

you are right about that...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

Nava never should have on on 2nd base. Iglesius should have been the runner. The bench maanager (Farrell was gone by this time) also goofed in the 9th by asking Victorino to bunt. Ellsbury can steal off that pitcher any time he wants to. It was not a big gamble to sen him on the first on second pitch. Maybe then Victorino tries to bunt. Farrell and his bench coach each get  a C- for tonight's game.

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Nava  and home plate ump lost that game.

I'd say the ump and Farrell lost this game. Nava should never been the pinch runner. That should have been Iggy.

Sections
Shortcuts