Game Thread 109: Mariners at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Game Thread 109: Mariners at Red Sox

RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (10-4, 2.87) vs. RHP John Lackey (7-8, 3.19), 7:10 p.m., NESN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Game Thread 109: Mariners at Red Sox

Scott Lauber/Boston Herald      

Jake Peavy not expected to join Red Sox until tomorrow. First start not set yet

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ellsbury CF, Victorino RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Salty C, Carp LF, Drew SS, Holt 3B, 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Red Sox pitching coach Juan Nieves, who worked with Peavy in Chicago, called him "ultimate warrior" and said he has "doctorate" in pitching

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

As expected, Brandon Workman will go to bullpen. Won't be available until Saturday

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Xander Bogaerts is "in the discussion" Farrell said, as a third base solution. That said, call-up isn't imminent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jenny Dell/NESN      

Farrell said that Peavy will pitch this homestand. Will likely throw a light bullpen when he arrives here tomorrow

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaym22. Show jaym22's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Red Sox pitching coach Juan Nieves, who worked with Peavy in Chicago, called him "ultimate warrior" and said he has "doctorate" in pitching

we will see about this doctorate

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Bases loaded nobody out and can't score....sheezuz

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

It started with Els... how do you not score from second on a single to center?  Els did the same thing that Nava did... started to retreat back to the 2nd base  because he thought it could be caught? Well it wasnt even close to being caught.... 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Belinsky1962's comment:

Venice, I love your posts.

What did you think of the trade, Pike?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

dont start pike

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

When is the last time salty made a good throw to 2nd base?? Serious question

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Its not his strong point, but I remember about a month or so ago he had a span of throwing out a few runners in a row...only a 23% CS lifetime stat...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Oh and I love your posts...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think that Gammons, NESN, and Boston scribes covered the pluses and minuses of the trade very thoroughly. Only time will tell. I will miss watching the best defensive SS in my 50 years as a Sox fan on my TV screen. Iglesias had "God -Given" talent that no-one is born with.

History will be the final judge on this trade. I wish Iglesias the best and hope that he excels at SS for many years to come.  It is very tough for me to seperate being a fan vs being a GM.  I will miss my assumption that every ball hit towards Iggy was an automatic out or a great play. One wonders that of Buchholz wasn't injured and since Workman excelled if this trade was necessary and then there is a backlog of shortstops in the program. There are also many promising starting pitchers in the minor league system.  I will miss seeing Iggy playing. I am unhappy but hopeful.

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I think that Gammons, NESN, and Boston scribes covered the pluses and minuses of the trade very thoroughly. Only time will tell. I will miss watching the best defensive SS in my 50 years as a Sox fan on my TV screen. Iglesias had "God -Given" talent that no-one is born with.

History will be the final judge on this trade. I wish Iglesias the best and hope that he excels at SS for many years to come.  It is very tough for me to seperate being a fan vs being a GM.  I will miss my assumption that every ball hit towards Iggy was an automatic out or a great play. One wonders that of Buchholz wasn't injured and since Workman excelled if this trade was necessary and then there is a backlog of shortstops in the program. There are also many promising starting pitchers in the minor league system.  I will miss seeing Iggy playing. I am unhappy but hopeful.

I agree. Well said

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

History will be the final judge on this trade. I wish Iglesias the best and hope that he excels at SS for many years to come.  It is very tough for me to seperate being a fan vs being a GM.  I will miss my assumption that every ball hit towards Iggy was an automatic out or a great play. One wonders that if Buchholz wasn't injured and since Workman excelled if this trade was necessary and then there is a backlog of shortstops in the program. There are also many promising starting pitchers in the minor league system.  I will miss seeing Iggy playing. I am unhappy but hopeful. Clay being injured was the obvious cause of this trade.

Such a interesting post...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

That would mean that he has made a good throw!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Hello, my name is Dustin Pedroia, you may remember me from such shows as "The Laser show"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Hello, my name is Dustin Pedroia, you may remember me from such shows as "The Laser show"

Hugh, check your messages

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

This happens way too often with Tazawa... he cannot be trusted 

Sections
Shortcuts