Game Thread 109: Mariners at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Game Thread 109: Mariners at Red Sox

RHP Felix Hernandez (11-4, 2.34) vs. RHP Ryan Dempster (6-8, 4.24), 7:10 p.m., NESN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Game Thread 109: Mariners at Red Sox

The Sox are poised to make the run......  Can't wait to see how the Bullpen & 3rd base works out !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Nice to see K-Nap grabbing some pine tonight. I for one would like to see him grab a lot more of it. He has stunk for a #5 "hitter" for THREE MONTHS. Thats plenty of time. Since May 1 he has struck out 100 times in 302 PAs and his BA/OPS has been .252/.779 over that period. While thats great if you are a catcher or a SS, Napoli is our first baseman and is providing zero protection for Ortiz. Opposing pitchers laugh at him. He is a shell of his former self. Carp's numbers, in contrast, since May 1 are .290/.889 overall. I say Napoli SITS against ALL RHP from now on. Time to give Carp a shot at more playing time.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ellsbury CF
    Victorino RF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Carp 1B
    Drew SS
    Nava LF
    Lavarnway C
    Holt 3B

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Nice to see K-Nap grabbing some pine tonight. I for one would like to see him grab a lot more of it. He has stunk for a #5 "hitter" for THREE MONTHS. Thats plenty of time. Since May 1 he has struck out 100 times in 302 PAs and his BA/OPS has been .252/.779 over that period. While thats great if you are a catcher or a SS, Napoli is our first baseman and is providing zero protection for Ortiz. Opposing pitchers laugh at him. He is a shell of his former self. Carp's numbers, in contrast, since May 1 are .290/.889 overall. I say Napoli SITS against ALL RHP from now on. Time to give Carp a shot at more playing time.

I should respond to you when you enter silly mode, but Napoli has been hitting fairly well since the All Star game and will end up with 100 RBI. He has been a solid 5 hitter. The people that complain about K and AVG ignore the fact AVG has gone down and K's have gone up across baseball because of the focus on pitch selection.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham          

Steven Wright called up by the Red Sox

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

RHP Felix Hernandez (11-4, 2.34) vs. RHP Ryan Dempster (6-8, 4.24), 7:10 p.m., NESN.

May be another long night. Rain is falling and expected to be heavy tonight. Get the coffee ready.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You might wanna look at Carps K rate too. If you dont like naps, you wont like carps. 50K's in 148 AB's thats over a 33% K rate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

May be another long night. Rain is falling and expected to be heavy tonight. Get the coffee ready.

I didnt sleep much last night..I might just DVR this one...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

You might wanna look at Carps K rate too. If you dont like naps, you wont like carps. 50K's in 148 AB's thats over a 33% K rate.

I don't like Carp's K rate either, but vs RHP he is at 27%, a bit lower. Still, I look at OPS before I look at K rate, and vs RHP, Carp has performed MUCH better than Napoli. Its time for a change in  playing time for Napoli to "reward" him for his good work since May 1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

South don't you Love couch GMs==== look at these stats they support what I say  but do not look behind the curtain to see the truth

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I should respond to you when you enter silly mode, but Napoli has been hitting fairly well since the All Star game and will end up with 100 RBI. He has been a solid 5 hitter. The people that complain about K and AVG ignore the fact AVG has gone down and K's have gone up across baseball because of the focus on pitch selection.

Well thats just great-42 PAs since the ASB. So happy that he hit .238 during that time period. I am thrilled. I quoted a much larger sample size, but don't let the facts bother you. They never do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Given the pitching matchup, a rainout would not make me mad. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Well thats just great-42 PAs since the ASB. So happy that he hit .238 during that time period. I am thrilled. I quoted a much larger sample size, but don't let the facts bother you. They never do.

Although I dont agree with a full platoon at 1b, I think Carp should get a little more playing time whether it be in LF or 1b. Hes had a hot bat this month.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Given the late game yesterday and the matchup, I'd almost welcome it, gale. My concern is a start and rain delay, with an already over taxed bullpen...... and over tired fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Given the late game yesterday and the matchup, I'd almost welcome it, gale. My concern is a start and rain delay, with an already over taxed bullpen...... and over tired fans.

Looks like it will be hit and miss tonight. Too bad its the last game of the series because they have to get the game in because seattle goes back out west and we wont see them again this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Looks like it will be hit and miss tonight. Too bad its the last game of the series because they have to get the game in because seattle goes back out west and we wont see them again this year.

Hourly Weather   3:00 PM 78° Showers Precip 40% 6:00 PM 75° Showers Precip 40% 9:00 PM 74° Showers Precip 60% 12:00 AM 73° Thunderstorms Precip 90% 3:00 AM 70° Thunderstorms Precip 60% 6:00 AM 69° Thunderstorms Precip 40% 9:00 AM 74° Showers Precip 40% 12:00 PM 77° Partly Cloudy Precip 0% >  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Thurs. Aug. 22nd is an off day for both teams, SP.  Sox will be in between the SF and LAD series. M's in between the A's and Angels series

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to upperco1's comment:

Thurs. Aug. 22nd is an off day for both teams, SP.  Sox will be in between the SF and LAD series. M's in between the A's and Angels series

No way I make this into an away game in Seattle. If they cannot get it in tonight I would rather add it on to the end of the season as an "if necessary" game at home

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

No way I make this into an away game in Seattle. If they cannot get it in tonight I would rather add it on to the end of the season as an "if necessary" game at home

i'm just saying they both have off days ON the west coast, PG. Call Selig if tonight gets rained out and tell him when and where you'd like to play. Now, you have 90 minutes to walk the hound and to eat so hurry up! LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Scott Lauber - Boston Herald, Red Sox Reporter

Jake Peavy will start Saturday vs. Arizona. Gives Red Sox a chance to split lefties Lester and Doubront in rotation

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Scott Lauber - Boston Herald, Red Sox Reporter

By Sunday, Red Sox hopeful of being able to map out timetable for Clay Buchholz to throw from mound

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jose Iglesias         @JoseIglesias_SS

A big thank you to the Red Sox organization and all of Red Sox Nation for all the love and support these first years of my career. Los amo!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

i'm just saying they both have off days ON the west coast, PG. Call Selig if tonight gets rained out and tell him when and where you'd like to play. Now, you have 90 minutes to walk the hound and to eat so hurry up! LOL

If and when the make up game is played , it would have to be in Boston.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Jose Iglesias         @JoseIglesias_SS

A big thank you to the Red Sox organization and all of Red Sox Nation for all the love and support these first years of my career. Los amo!

Red Sox Nation wishes you the best. Go get 'em, kid.

Sections
Shortcuts