Game Thread 109: Mariners at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game Thread 109: Mariners at Red Sox

In response to AL34's comment:

Jeez, I left game at 7-2 in the top of the 9th and watched a show with my daughter. She broke her nose in a soccer tournamnet last weekend and is having surgery tomorrow. I just checked the game and nearly fell off of the chair. Nice !!!

Was an unbelievable comeback. There's something about this team. I wish your daughter the best, AL. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Boston Red Sox   Nava caps 6-run comeback with walk-off single as Red Sox defeat Mariners, 8-7. RECAP: http://atmlb.com/14mLc42

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=28898650&content_id=29345443&c_id=bos

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

wow

red sox magic all over again

congrats rsn on   that  legit   another walk off win

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

wow

LOL Zac....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'm in SF Bay area & left my Imac at home  where I was watching the game and it was 7-2 and went to a sports bar. I watched Giants beat Phillies 2-1 and saw the score and thought it was a misprint(ha...my failing eyes and couldn't believe it).

Hope you all become SF next few games as they play Tampa !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I'm in SF Bay area & left my Imac at home  where I was watching the game and it was 7-2 and went to a sports bar. I watched Giants beat Phillies 2-1 and saw the score and thought it was a misprint(ha...my failing eyes and couldn't believe it).

Hope you all become SF next few games as they play Tampa !!!

Pretty unbelievable win...but once Felix was out of the game....you could see things happening. This has sure been one fun season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Best comeback of the year. I was out getting my sunset run in when it all happened. Pretty unbelievable.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Holy crap.  Went to bed with the Sox trailing 7-2 in the 9th.  Wake up this morning to find out they pulled it out.  Amazing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to kannaman's comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

wow

LOL Zac....

"LOL Zac...."

Ditto!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I feel like Jimmy Fallon in "Fever Pitch." I went to bed at 7-2 because  (a) I  was exhausted  and (b) honestly, I thought five runs was too much to overcome.

Then I wake up to SportsCenter ...  thrilled they came back, but pissed at  myself for going to bed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I feel like Jimmy Fallon in "Fever Pitch." I went to bed at 7-2 because  (a) I  was exhausted  and (b) honestly, I thought five runs was too much to overcome.

Then I wake up to SportsCenter ...  thrilled they came back, but pissed at  myself for going to bed.

You're forgiven, Lloyd.  Try again tonight.  Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Wuss! LOL

I was close to doing the same.

Then Nave led off with a walk, and it was still fairly early.

So, I fugured I'd watch a little more.

Things just snowballed on the Mariners, after the manager muffed the bullpen call.

Poor Eric Wedge probably had another stroke....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Boston Globe       

David Ortiz escaped suspension, but received a 'significant' fine for dugout tirade http://b.globe.com/17Xzvy2 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

In response to gymrat05's comment:

How do you give up a grand slam home run to 171 hitter , 2 years of this guy at 12 million a year ! What a waste of money ! 

Blanco of all batters  Cry

Because he has the NAME & LOOKS of a heavy hitter !!     Just saying ..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Wow, what a win!!!  Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Jeez, I left game at 7-2 in the top of the 9th and watched a show with my daughter. She broke her nose in a soccer tournamnet last weekend and is having surgery tomorrow. I just checked the game and nearly fell off of the chair. Nice !!!

Was an unbelievable comeback. There's something about this team. I wish your daughter the best, AL. 

Thanks JBay. She is doing fine, surgery went very well.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Good to hear AL34. I know I was a nervous wreck when my Son had surgery and then my daughter a year later.

I fell asleep around the 4th-5th inning and woke up in the 9th to see that unbelieveable comback. This team is having one special year so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Good to hear AL34. I know I was a nervous wreck when my Son had surgery and then my daughter a year later.

I fell asleep around the 4th-5th inning and woke up in the 9th to see that unbelieveable comback. This team is having one special year so far.

Than you so much. She was headbutted in a soccer tournament by a girl and my daughter caught the back of her head in her face. Her nose was broken and boy did it bleed. It had to be rebroken and reset. She is doing great but tired. 

I have to stand on record that I was wrong about Ben Cherrington from last years debacle with Bobby Valentine. Seems like a team loaded with character this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Than you so much. She was headbutted in a soccer tournament by a girl and my daughter caught the back of her head in her face. Her nose was broken and boy did it bleed. It had to be rebroken and reset. She is doing great but tired. 

I have to stand on record that I was wrong about Ben Cherrington from last years debacle with Bobby Valentine. Seems like a team loaded with character this year.

Glad to hear she made out well, AL. Nerve-racking, nonetheless. I still am of the belief Ben Cherrington did not want Bobby Valentine, and was overuled by Larry Lucchino. Seems LL has taken, or was given, a step back, rightfully so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A couple of final thoughts on last night's thriller..  Was anyone aware that if a manager makes a mistake and signals to the pen with the wrong hand on his way to the mound, that he is not allowed to correct it?  That was new to me. I mean , he is not even required to signal on his way out. I was surprised that Perez had to come in. Anyway , it worked out good for us.  Also , does anyone think that Butterfield took a chance by sending Ellsbury on Pedroia's hit to left? Victorino behind him was the tying run. He scored standing up , but it was a strong throw , and the play was closer than expected.  It seems to me that the risk outweighed the reward. I would have held him at third. Anyway, great game.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Sections
Shortcuts