Game Thread 11: Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Game Thread 11: Rays at Red Sox

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

If not for that meltdown by Hanrahan, we win all four series vs. division rivals. Pitching and defense doing it. Offense not yet hitting on all cylinders , but it is good to get off to a winning start for a change. Farrell deserves high marks so far. 

The offense is 5th in OPS in the AL, so they are not too bad either. They will get better once Ortiz returns. Sure hope today's scratch for him was really due to illness and not due to a setback. The pitching is now 2nd in ERA in the league, a marked turnaround from previous years. If that continues then the offense will suffice as is.

Not so much a turn around as them pitching as they should've, plus small sample sizes.  Lester was one of the best pitchers in BB before last year.  Once Buchholz got past his injury last year, he had an ERA uner 3.00.  That they are doing as well overall is partly due to Lester and Buchholz having 6 of the 11 starts, but we figured to have a pretty good rotation, as long as we're healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not trying to rain on the enthusiastic nature today's game brought. However Mr.Yazz and Joe Bridey you 2 are just plain stupid. You don't like my comment about the lack of skills displayed by Sally Drew. So you resort to calling my comments clown like. However if one of these days either of you buy a TV or a ticket to a game so that you can see what others see then maybe you'll understand why assess his skills of not being worthy of my hard earned dollars or a spot on this team. Drew isn't hitting my dogs weight let alone finding the Mendoza line heck he isn't even out hitting JBJ whose hitting roughly .100! As for his fielding though he hasn't been charged with any errors he has made errors of ommission, this means instead of catching a ball Iggy would have simply fielded and turned two he had to have a quick thinking Pedey bail him out by getting the guy at first. Prior to that on a stolen base he tried to keep his foot on the bag instead of catching the ball and using a swipe tag to get the runner. These are the little things that render his play not ready for the big show! I know he's been in the bigs for sometime now but AZ ain't Broadway!!! Hey this doesn't mean he won't improve because God knows he can only get better from where his game is at the present time,Right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

When everyone was clamoring for us to sign a pitcher last winter I suggested getting into a bidding war for Kuroda. I said it would hurt the yanks and give us one of the best arms available this winter. 

And he ended up signing for about what Dempster cost. I think we missed an opportunity there. I like Dempster but Kuroda was the better option.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

When everyone was clamoring for us to sign a pitcher last winter I suggested getting into a bidding war for Kuroda. I said it would hurt the yanks and give us one of the best arms available this winter. 

And he ended up signing for about what Dempster cost. I think we missed an opportunity there. I like Dempster but Kuroda was the better option.

this offseason Kuroda said he would play for the yanks or play in japan. i don't think he was interested in signing with another team. we're a year late to the party. shoulda made a run for him LAST offseason and pending the horrid season didn't turn him off from returning maybe WE woulda had exclusive rights to negotiate with him like the yanks did this offseason.