Game Thread 115:Red Sox at Astros

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Game Thread 115:Red Sox at Astros

Britton just got squeezed but K'd him anyway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Nice job by Britton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Beautiful set up by Britton!  Wow!  What a hook!!!!!   & the cheese wasn't bad either.

Nice!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

As bad as Lavarnway is, the decision by Farrell or Ben to start Wright was worse.  What a momentum killer.  Back to AAA.

Your right on "splindid", and Farrell continues to bat Nap 5th when he sould be 6th or 7th.  Wonder if Farrell is as thick headed as Francona was in making game decisions and moves that can have "some of us" scratching our heads, and no I don't have bugs/fleas in my hair!

Frown

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Boras is smiling tonight while visions of dollar signs dance in his head!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You can see that Ellsbury still has the power. Just a matter of getting the right pitch and squaring it up. Those two homers were crushed.

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

I authorize Ben to release Mike Napoli right now, tonight! Or sooner...... At least sit the guy for a few games. You know what piss•s me off the most after after he strikesout, he walks away like he doesn't give one sh•t!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

You can see that Ellsbury still has the power. Just a matter of getting the right pitch and squaring it up. Those two homers were crushed.

Stabbed by Foulke.

He does have a grrrrrrrreat swing!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Pike

Pike

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Pike leads the league in DP's

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Deleted Posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

How can you not like Johnny Gomes?  He plays hard with a good attitude and loves playing in Boston.  He is a winner!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Boy that was a Charlie Lau swing by Lavarnway !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Lava is lost at the plate. I think no one in the park was as shocked about the double as he was.

I'm not going to miss Napoli. He's a k-factory.

And I hope this is the most bizarre game I watch this year ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Houston Astro announcers are not bad, very complimentary of the Red Sox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

The Red Sox have to sign him next year or this offense is going to be in trouble. If John Henry can afford the Boston Globe, he can afford Jacoby Ellsbury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Send down Wright and Workman.  Bring up Morales and Ryan Rowland-Smith.  Workman can't pitch for five days 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Send down Wright and Workman.  Bring up Morales and Ryan Rowland-Smith.  Workman can't pitch for five days 

Wright has to work with someone who can catch the ball. Who catches him in Pawtucket ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Wright has to work with someone who can catch the ball. Who catches him in Pawtucket ?

Bob Uecker I think.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Game under control. Night all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Shame we can't give Lackey run support like this...game would have been over 1 hour ago if he were pitching. Of course, other teams also pitch their best pitchers against us too when he pitches.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Game under control. Night all.

I thought the game was under control when they had us 5-zip. Couldn't score ANY runs yesterday and 15 tonight?

We've just seen the last of Naps for the night. Best he can do is draw a couple of walks, otherwise K & GIDP. Strands SEVEN tonight.

Lava got a hit and only stranded six ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Ruby De Larosa in now, hitting 96-98 MPH  with movement on radar gun.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

De LaRosa throws real hard, looks good !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Good night ALL !!!

Sections
Shortcuts