Game Thread 117:Red Sox at Royals

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Game Thread 117:Red Sox at Royals

Sox gave him an extra days rest.  They should give him 15 on the fake DL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Although it didnt help much that Gomes makes that error... still walks will kill you... he is already at 41 pitches ....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I like Lester but a 41 pitch 1st inn is unacceptable for any MLB pitcher. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Although it didnt help much that Gomes makes that error... still walks will kill you... he is already at 41 pitches ....

Lester will not have any rest as the sox will go quickly this inning...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

If you look closely at Lester, he is already sweating like a pig... i noticed that his last game too... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OHPATS. Show OHPATS's posts

Lester needs to go down to Pawtucket to get some rest and confidence.  What a disappointment he has turned out to be..  Can't afford to have him and Dempster as part of the starting five ...  Bring up Aceves if they have too..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to OHPATS' comment:

Lester needs to go down to Pawtucket to get some rest and confidence.  What a disappointment he has turned out to be..  Can't afford to have him and Dempster as part of the starting five ...  Bring up Aceves if they have too..

Im pretty sure that Aceves is no longer with the sox org.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to OHPATS' comment:

Lets not get crazy, which is what Aceves is.  He also is claiming to be hurt and I don't think he has pitched in a month.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Sox had Chen and let him go, as did eight other teams.  A lot of people (Theo) were wrong about him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

If you look closely at Lester, he is already sweating like a pig... i noticed that his last game too... 

I am no Lester lover as you can tell but many pitchers and athletes sweat a lot.  Michael Jordan for instance.  He was pretty good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Gomes' error hurt for sure, but two walks are two walks.  Lester, yet once again comes up small.  Out of all of our starters, the one I'd bet the most on to not be able to overcome an error would be Lester.  Still early, and maybe he can go 5 or 6, but it's getting so when Lester pitches, I just count that as a loss and hope the other starters can pick up the slack throughout the remainder of the series. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

By this time, Lester must be a head case. For guy who was known for throwing strikes, he all over the place, throwing a ton of pitches. He's become a mediocre pitcher. Maybe a change of scenery might help.

Life is what happens while were busy making other plans.

John lennon

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

97 % humidity in KC, was raining before the game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to soxdawg08's comment:

By this time, Lester must be a head case. For guy who was known for throwing strikes, he all over the place, throwing a ton of pitches. He's become a mediocre pitcher. Maybe a change of scenery might help.

Life is what happens while were busy making other plans.

John lennon

They should have traded him for Wil Myers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

I'm not so concerned about his personal hygiene. What I'm concerned with is that since a hot starthe's an  atrocious piccher. And he was woful last year too. That's the bit I'm worried about. 

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am no Lester lover as you can tell but many pitchers and athletes sweat a lot.  Michael Jordan for instance.  He was pretty good.

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Even with Gomes' error, it would have been nice if Lester could have gotten out of the inning earlier than he did.

However, everyone's been blasting Lester for the 40 pitches in the first inning, so at least give him credit for setting down with eight pitches in the second and 11 in the third. He's giving himself the chance to go at least six and giving the Sox the chance to come back -- at least so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Gomes' error hurt for sure, but two walks are two walks.  Lester, yet once again comes up small.  Out of all of our starters, the one I'd bet the most on to not be able to overcome an error would be Lester.  Still early, and maybe he can go 5 or 6, but it's getting so when Lester pitches, I just count that as a loss and hope the other starters can pick up the slack throughout the remainder of the series. 

He had two outs and had to retire Moustakas, a left handed batter.  He couldn't get it done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Sox cant seem to hit Chen and this guy throws in the 80s...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Sox cant seem to hit Chen and this guy throws in the 80s...

They have been getting beat regularly by lefties, Price twice, moore, and the guy from Houston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

We need a DP here

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

We need a DP here

Well it was sort of a DP...ha

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Just nine more pitches from Lester in the fourth.