Game Thread 123:Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Re: Game Thread 123:Red Sox at Blue Jays

What in the heck r u swinging at ! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

This team is going to limp home 4-6 the road trip ! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

if ellsbury keeps having at bats like that, he aint gettin any big money deal. 2-2 count, oliver throws it straight in the dirt, not even remotely close to the zone with little break on the pitch, and of course ellsbury swings and misses. down right pathetic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

meanwhile Els is 2 for his last 19... he is the catalyst on this team... when he doesnt get on base/hit...the offense looks anemic

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ellsbury is taking strikes and swinging at balls in the dirt.  Not a very good practice.

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i would be willing to bet that this team misses the playoffs, i think pitching wise we are fine, i just dont see us getting the job done offensively to maintain our lead in the division. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

anyone else wondering why farrell brought in de la rosa for tazawa? seems like a waste of a pitcher to me, bringin in a righty for a righty, only hit tazawa allowed was an infield single. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The reason why this time probably won't make it is simple...no home run power. They have to get runs by singles, doubles, etc. Who are they big home run hitters outside of Ortiz? No one. The other teams have multiple guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

6 of our last 10 games we have scored 4 runs or less. those games came against houston, kc and the jays, all of which are not good pitching teams. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Better pull your head out this weekend 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Lets have some 9th inning magic boys...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

The reason why this time probably won't make it is simple...no home run power. They have to get runs by singles, doubles, etc. Who are they big home run hitters outside of Ortiz? No one. The other teams have multiple guys.

very vaild point, napoli was supposed to be one of the power guys, but he only has 14 homers to date and has not been able to hit a beach ball lately. ellsbury has hit for little power, same with pedroia, middlebrooks has been a non-factor, and same goes for the rest of the line up. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

Here's a bet, if there are any takers. I'll bet by the time the SOX return from the west coast they will no longer reside in 1st place.

This season has been SMOKE and MIRRORS. Well, it looks like the SMOKE is dissipating and the MIRROR is starting to crack.

This has been an overachieving team and that's to be appreciated. It's just very difficult to overachieve for a full season.

If I were a betting person, I would take that bet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Im telling you that with Els and Vic struggling big time for the last several games...this team cant score...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A dismal performance by the Sox. Not a good road trip against very beatable teams.  What else can you say ?

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

and thats the ball game, 1 run against mark buerhle and nothin in the 8th or 9th. not going to win many games scoring only 1 run. peavy gets the loss despite pitching well, had it not been for middlebrooks' error he may have made it through 7 scoreless. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

Another sad night for the Nation.  When will these guys hit on a timely basis.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Lets have some 9th inning magic boys...

I think the magic for this team is starting to wear off... lets hope not but when you get great pitching like tonight and you face a lousy Buehle and you cant win... something is not right

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

A dismal performance by the Sox. Not a good road trip against very beatable teams.  What else can you say ?

Stabbed by Foulke.

I would say that this team is on the precipice. Unless we suddenly get hot, we will fall into oblivion. We deserved to lose tonight. What did we have-TWELVE LOBsters out there? Losing two of three to the Jays is inexcusable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Sad that they can't even beat the worst team in the AL East. Lester started it with the horrible throw and play on Davis' comebacker.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

meanwhile Els is 2 for his last 19... he is the catalyst on this team... when he doesnt get on base/hit...the offense looks anemic

60 million? Are you freaking kidding me????