Game Thread 123:Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Game Thread 123:Red Sox at Blue Jays

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Here's a bet, if there are any takers. I'll bet by the time the SOX return from the west coast they will no longer reside in 1st place.

This season has been SMOKE and MIRRORS. Well, it looks like the SMOKE is dissipating and the MIRROR is starting to crack.

This has been an overachieving team and that's to be appreciated. It's just very difficult to overachieve for a full season.

If I were a betting person, I would take that bet.

[/QUOTE]

I'd hope to lose that bet, but you must be looking at this team with your heart and not your head.

[/QUOTE]

Hill is not a Sox fan; he is a Mariners fan. He is looking at it objectively.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

[QUOTE]

The reason why this time probably won't make it is simple...no home run power. They have to get runs by singles, doubles, etc. Who are they big home run hitters outside of Ortiz? No one. The other teams have multiple guys.

very vaild point, napoli was supposed to be one of the power guys, but he only has 14 homers to date and has not been able to hit a beach ball lately. ellsbury has hit for little power, same with pedroia, middlebrooks has been a non-factor, and same goes for the rest of the line up. 

[/QUOTE]

Its a very valid point...I still wonder why the Sox didnt get a RH power guy of sorts before the deadline...they need something to ignite this offense mostly comprised of single hitters...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

That was a very frustrating road trip ! When you dont get hits with runners in scoring position it's going to bite you in the butt ! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Even when we were ahead by 1-0 we were LOSING. Everyone could feel a loss happening. Winning=the process of securing a win. We were ahead, but we were not securing a win.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I posted last night that they would lose to Buehrle. Get ready to lose two of three to NY now. This team has got serious issues. The idea of doing anything in the PS at this point is a joke. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Here's a bet, if there are any takers. I'll bet by the time the SOX return from the west coast they will no longer reside in 1st place.

This season has been SMOKE and MIRRORS. Well, it looks like the SMOKE is dissipating and the MIRROR is starting to crack.

This has been an overachieving team and that's to be appreciated. It's just very difficult to overachieve for a full season.

I'd hope to lose that bet, but you must be looking at this team with your heart and not your head.

The heart of this Seattle Mariners fan is not with the Red Sox.Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidosul. Show Davidosul's posts

Dont be surprised if the Red Sox are in second place at the end of the weekend

And behind in the wildcard race by next wweekend

no offense on this team

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidosul. Show Davidosul's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's a bet, if there are any takers. I'll bet by the time the SOX return from the west coast they will no longer reside in 1st place.

The heart of this Seattle Mariners fan is not with the Red Sox.Wink

[/QUOTE]

I agree pretenders not contenders

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Davidosul's comment:

no offense on this team

Not outside the realm of possibility.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to Davidosul's comment:

[QUOTE]

no offense on this team

Not outside the realm of possibility.

[/QUOTE]

Sox look line a plane losing altitude in a hurry... Another one run game loss due to lack of offensive... Easy to understand: no July trader to bolster team...can one imagine Sox with Soriano?...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well on the good news front Ross will be back for the SOX's next road trip. That should bolster the offense. Sorry, but i couldn't resist.

That is good news. This is the guy hitting .185, with 28 strikeouts in 65 at bats.  Should help a lot down the stretch.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well on the good news front Ross will be back for the SOX's next road trip. That should bolster the offense. Sorry, but i couldn't resist.

That is good news. This is the guy hitting .185, with 28 strikeouts in 65 at bats.  Should help a lot down the stretch.

[/QUOTE]

I see WM is already back to his old ways, chasing pitches a foot off the plate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't want to upset the " good guys " on here , but I am a little worried about this weekend. The Yankees offense is a lot better than it was a month ago. Night and day.  Sox are going to have to play a lot better than they did on this trip.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think Tazawa has a hard time with BatMan threfore Rubby was summoned from the pen.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

They haven't been in first place this long because they're lucky.The Rays had to have an unreal July just to get back in the race and recently lost 6 in a row. The sox are in a bit of a slump and haven't been able to get the big hit, or big "fly out" the last couple of nights but the runs were there for the taking. Seem to be a bit Celticesque in playing down to the competition. They'll bounce back starting tomorrow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't want to upset the " good guys " on here , but I am a little worried about this weekend. The Yankees offense is a lot better than it was a month ago. Night and day.  Sox are going to have to play a lot better than they did on this trip.

[/QUOTE]

I posted it last night. I said expect to lose three of the next four. One down and two to go. Tonight is the night I begin to come to grips with the fact that--despite the improvement--this team does not have what it takes to win it all. I suggest the rest of you do the same and adjust your expectations accordingly. I expected a 7-3 trip, and that was not out of the question considering they played two last place teams, including the worst team in baseball. The only hope we have is the occasional phenomenon that sometimes arises when the Sox go home off a bad trip and immediately play NY. That sometimes gets their juices charged. Beyond that, things are not looking all that great right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Wish they'd activate Bogaerts for this Yankee series... not that I expect miracles from the kid right away, but he may just be the shot in the arm this team needs... ala Puig or Trout last year.  The team looks tired and listless lately. 

Watch Mark Reynolds tee off on the Sox this weekend.  He hits Sox pitching well.  Washed up players love to puton that Yankee uni and revive their careers... right Soriano?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

The sky is not falling people.  This team has heart and has come back all year from bad losses.  They will take two of three from Skankees.  I do wish Sox had picked up Soriano.  He is RH power bat they needed.  He is on fire for NY.

Sections
Shortcuts